I have an issue I think

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Jul 18, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

In a transformers collector as all of you are and I have a problem il get a new figure get excited for it to arrive play with it for a few days and then I'm on to the next . What I mean is I feel like I'm more concerned with what's coming out and the actually chase of getting te figure whether it would be ordering or getting it from a store . For example i love arms micron breakdown but now I'm on to thinkin about the next prime ogre like Dreadwing . My question is has anyone felt like this before ? And I so what do you guys do. Right now I just ordered rust in piece cliffjumper

2. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    Lots of us are like that. If its not adversely affecting your responsibilities or relationships, keep going and have fun with it.

3. Deszaras79

Deszaras79 I ♥ Brickformers

Hunting Fever.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thrill of the hunt is part of the fun of collecting for some people.

5. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Definitely feel that way. Its an even bigger issue when you don't get around to opening everything you have and your still looking toward the next release.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't think it's an issue. For me the thrill of the hunt is the most fun part of collecting. I'll buy a figure that I was DYING to get, open it up and transform him once, satisfaction is met.

On to the next.

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm quite the same. My only concern is that my parcelman might be wondering why I get so excited whenever he turns up at my house :lol  Joking aside, it also often happens I find the TF I forgot about for the sake of newer ones fascinating all over again.

When I hate myself for having so many toys I don't play with, I purge my collection, too.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

That's just part of the fun for me. Half the fun is tracking down the figures--the walks to the toy section of Target, the feverish rechecking of Amazon offers, the refreshing HTS for 3 days waiting for a figure to go up. The other half is having the figure, "captured" as it were, sitting on the shelf, regardless of how often I actually get to play around with each individual figure.
    It's a natural result of getting so far into the hobby, and as long as it's not actively detrimental to any part of your life, there's nothing wrong with feeling like that.

9. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I think that's the process of collecting...it's the thrill of the hunt. Sadly, it's like pulling a slot machine and hoping for the jackpot. We probably all need to see a counselor :) 

Anyways, was just on the hunt for Shockwave and Airachnid today but no luck...someone beat me to Shockwave at TRU. It's a good thing everything comes out in waves so you can take a break and have a life.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I'm like that too, as are a lot of collectors. It's fun experiencing the feeling of getting something new, tracking down the latest releases, seeing a figure for the first time... all parts of "collecting" Transformers for many.

And it can be lots of fun too! The only thing I'd say is you do need to watch yourself, because it can easily get out of hand and you can spend too much if you're not careful. Just do your best to keep it under your control and have fun with it!

And a great thing is that even if you acquire a figure and just stick it on your shelf, it's yours for taking out at any time and looking at in detail.. discovering new details or poses or pairing him up with some other new acquisition. I also like to take pics of old figures once in a while or change up a display or two so I can hold past figures in my hand and remember getting them, and kinda "rediscover" them a bit. Never gets old, and it's a lot of fun!

Just utilize a little self-control, and have fun collecting in whatever way makes you happiest!

11. s_cren

s_cren Banned

Thanks I appreciate everyone's input really do I'm moving I'm moving in a month or so that gives me a chance to rediscover some of
    T ogres when displaying them again in my new place

12. s_cren

s_cren Banned

"some of them" lol sorry typo from my iPhone

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    toys come out i get them play with them most awsome experience

but i love playing with my older toys as well

14. archieboy

archieboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This pretty much happens to most of us. Last month, I was consumed by hunting G1 combiner leaders to complete my "Scramble City" Metroplex. Then a couple of weeks later, I debated whether to get the Amazon Jetwing Prime or the chrome jetpack from Nightwatch Jetwing for my Buster Prime. I ended up getting the latter, and the impressive Nightwatch Prime - Jetfire combo made me hunt for Scourge/Nemesis Primes to complement it. I'm sure another thing will come up in the next few days/weeks...

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

That's called getting old because after a while you just collect toys, you don't really play with them anymore... except for occasionally transforming them just because you get tired of seeing them in the same mode all the time.

16. elizasteave

elizasteave Well-Known Member

Even I also sometimes observe that I eagerly wait for the next or latest versions to arrive so that I could add them to my collections, but certainly this is not at a loyalty with the older collection of toys.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it happens, i just make sure to fiddle with the other ones at some point too

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Chuck Norris said that.

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    this x 2

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    As a collector this happens to everyone sooner or later. Some may experience it at different levels of intensity but it happens. Welcome to collecting.