I have an idea to get rid of copies in TF3 multiplayer

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shizuka, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    What I hated was how I'd be Optimus Prime and I turn and find another Optimus Prime then look ahead and see Powered-Up Optimus Prime then wonder on and see Golden Optimus Prime. Even in WFC a change in colour did nothing for me. It was just Optimus Prime with colours and a throat infection.

ROTF was great because oft he variety of players ultimately. Sure there was copies but to less degree (usually)

I had an idea that in the next game DOTM: The Game if they chose to do MP. They could do something with the models from the movie toys. What I mean is we have Bludgeon, Sea Spray, Brawn etc. They could be used as multiplayer characters. In fact the G1 cast could be recreated movie-style to have a bunch of models/characters to choose from. It would add variety tot he game plus make the battlefield less stupid.

What do you think?

2. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    It would be cool, but it's not going to happen.

That is a lot of extra modeling, texturing, animation for very little return on an issue that isn't a big issue for most players.

3. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    While that'd be totally awesome, and I'd be all for it, I think it'd be better if they do it that a character would just be unavailable if already selected. And you can't have the same guy more than three matches in a row, to let other players have a shot. That'd keep a variety, AND force teamwork.

I remember when I'd play ROTF on MP, I had a team of friends that I met through playing it, and we'd try to get together as often as possible. I'd play as Optimus (Either PU or Normal) or Ratchet, another would play Bumblebee (He/she was the best of us as him, so we didn't worry), while one would play Ironhide or Ratchet, and yet another would play Breakaway, Protectobot, Aerialbot or Ratchet (It really depended on the map, and what the rest of us were doing). We worked as a team, and never played as the same guys.

We stuck together, took advantage of our differences, and won more than 90% of the time. We did just as well when we played Decepticons (I was Starscream, and I murdered people. Took on two guys at the same time and won.), and the others would play Megatron, Long Haul/Grindor, and Sideways/Seeker/Grindor (That dude could play aerial/sniper people like nobody's buisness).

So I think if they could enforce variety, it'd make everyone better.

4. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Granted, but the color choices will all be in hideous G2 esque neon.

5. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Yes, but that's what DLC is for. I'd be down for paying $4.99 or whatever Microsoft points that translates to in order to get four new characters.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Cool idea.
    Maybe they can just add a new optional MP game mode where characters can only be picked once, forcing the team to strategize a little.
    Or one with the most kills get's first pick next round. lol