I have a TF game idea

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Sep 13, 2011.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay, title's a bit misleading. While yes, I have an idea, I'm not sharing it. Should I try to refine it to the point where it could be a full game and attempt to pitch it to High Moon/Hasbro or just let it stay unfinished?

The only thing I'll say is that I figure it would have as many levels as WFC without the two short 'boss' levels, instead having those be full-length levels that lead up to the boss fight.

2. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you have a major in game design, they won't give a damn.

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Well, I actually figured I wouldn't be the programmer, I'd be lead writer for it.

4. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    As far as I'm aware, most companies won't accept pitches simply to avoid copyright lawsuits down the road.

5. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most companies wont make a guy off the street the lead writer. Selling Ideas is a tricky business. good luck.

6. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Thanks. I was going to wait until I could go to a BotCon, then see if they'd give me contact information. Also, I'm still 16. So I have two years minimum to live through first. As of now I'm spending my time preparing for such things.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They wouldn't necessarily be at Botcon, the people at Botcon wouldn't necessarily be in a position to accept your resume, nor would they be ones who decides who designs the game. Game design is a hugely competitive field, and it's extremely difficult to get a good job in it period, let alone one where you're in charge of the entire elan of a game.

Your best bet? Start small, design your own stuff for fun and learn to program / draw / both on your own. Make your own stuff, and then build that into a career.

8. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    This is very comprehensive. Thank you, and believe it or not, I know a few people in my area who can help me with starting small.

Granted, getting there will be difficult.

9. stufa1978

stufa1978 Well-Known Member

So many people have ideas for great potential TF games, me being one of them.

High Moon and other TF companies will no doubt listen to game ideas. And if the ideas become more common place, they will contemplate putting them in.

I'd like to see three kinds of TF game that haven't been done.

1, Transformers Battlefront... Like Starwars battlefront only with TFers and instant vehicles. Imagine that...
    2, TRANSFORMERS BRAWL, Like SMASH BROS BRAWL only with TFers. and maybe custom bots and online. Imagine Playing as Soundwave, one minute you're a biped character fighting. Then you turn into a boom box, send out mini control bots like Frenzy.
    3, TRANSFORMERS RPG. Sorta like KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. The saga would have you start off as a protoform. Gradually you would become your own unique TF hero/villain finding your way through the TF timeline universe.

If anyone rips off these ideas and brings them to life...

I salute you.

10. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Sadly, my game idea has none of those. I am going to look towards the Uncharted games for some inspiration.

What do you guys think of playing both the Humans and the Robots?

11. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My advice keep working on it if you are really interested, since you are still 16 you can still aim for a game design related course in college, maybe get a job with a game company and work up (sadly Shigeru Miyamoto isn't a job position they give you on your first day on the job). In the mean time collaborate with people on making your own indie games as part of your portfolio.

12. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Okay. I know where I can learn Lua, so that'll help. Also, I know a few people that can help me do an indie game.