I have a secret I am ashamed to admit

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty much anything that's come packaged in 'bot mode I've never transformed.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The only difficult transformationis Megatron. All the others are ridicuously easy. None of them have 'smash against wall' in the instructions so if you treat them carefully you won't break any of them unless you drop while transforming them laning over a balcony for some reason.

And with Megatron, don't use excessive force. I don't understand how anyone could break ANY Transformer if they just use common sense and caution.

3. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

I try and transform everything I buy unless I want to keep it MISB. However, there are special cases where I just don't care to transform them because they are the +3rd repaint of a mold I already own. Classics Skywarp comes to mind.

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Everything I open I transform, otherwise what's the point. Stuff I don't transform is obviously still sealed...Only other times I don't transform something is when I open it specifically to remove batteries or something along that nature.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL Exactly. It should be pretty clear that something may not be able to bend a particular way.

I didn't transform my ROTF Leader Optimus for a while. Since it was packaged in bot mode, it went from box to posed to put on the shelf pretty easily. I finally transformed it when I moved in late '09: to truck mode to get boxed, then back to bot as I re-made my Prime shelf.

Other than that, only things I haven't transformed are a couple Junkheaps I keep in bike mode and the second Henkei Grimlock that stays in dino mode on my Season 3 shelf (the one on the Season 1-2 shelf is in bot mode).

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This right here.

I want them in bot mode and if they're like that when I get them then all I do is pose them and put them on my shelf.

7. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

...and I thought I was the only one who believed in the "one you go 'bot you never go back" rule.

8. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nope, everything's been transformed at least once, mp megatron is probably in the top 3 for transformation times though, it's simply an expanded g1 transformation. and fragile? nope, 6 ft drop, he's intact

9. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    That's the only Masterpiece I own that I can transform!

10. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    mp megatron is fun just focus on his back first then it becomes easy

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    lol i did that with some toys the fallen for one but a few months later once i had chucked away all the packaging i was like now how did i do this wait i didnt okay time to work it out

12. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    This

13. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I open it, I transform it. My problem is buying stuff that I intend to open and traansform but then never open. I'm not even a MISB sort of collector, but sometimes when I pay too much for something, when I get it, I don't open it. We all have our idiosyncrasies I guess.

14. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Don't feel bad man, I got FOC Bruticus a week ago and just talked myself into opening it...

15. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perfect example... I got him too and can't open. Same with the zombie CJ and the Hiss tank. No intention to resell them either. Just can't open.

16. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I was on the same boat as you guys, If you looked at my original post here. I talked about how WFC Optimus Prime, Soundwave, And Walmart exclusive Dotm Sideswipe how I didn't want them to be open, but my brain was like..."Nope you open and you play with them now." WFC Optimus just looked so good and I just had to take him out.

17. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Send me your MP Grimlock and I'll transform it for you... :p 

18. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I've transformed MP Megatron to gun mode and back a few times, haven't really had a problem. It just takes forEVER!

I do have some confessions though:
    -I won't attempt MP Rodimus again. It was a first-run version so I don't know if the later runs have been improved, but he's kind of a mess. So not fun to transform and I already broke off one of those tabs. At least he looks good on the shelf...

-I got the Leader class Sentinel Prime from Dark of the Moon shortly after the movie opened..... he's stuck in mid-transformation from the first time I tried to transform him. I messed up SOMEHOW and I haven't gone back to it lol

-And as someone else said, most of my Transformers are just sitting in boxes in a closet. I just don't have shelf space for most of them. I've got one shelf with my Masterpieces on it (and Beast Wars Optimal Optimus) and I've got Armada Unicron out too.

19. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I transform everything. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER and then I move onto a new series and forget about them.

20. paxtoprime94

paxtoprime94 The Hero

I probably wouldn't buy Transformers if I were never going to transform/sorta play with them...I transform all of them at least once but I usually end up transforming the ones I like alooot; I've even broken a few, most notably when a little part of myself died inside when I accidentally broke the little flap off that goes over HFTD Leader Starscream's head in jet mode about 10 minutes after I had it out of the package; but after a little bit of thinking I slapped some Gorrilla Glue on there and it works like a charm now