I have a quick question about Evangelion: 1.11 You Are Not Alone

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Embryoyo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I know they're making a few movies (2.22, 3.33) but when they all come out, will it be like all of the anime episodes put together? Or would I need to buy the anime series and then 1.11 on blu-ray and others when they come out? I've heard about the anime for a long time I just haven't checked it out. But since I got a Blu-Ray player not to long ago I am looking for anime to get on Blu-Ray, and I don't want to buy 1.11 and etc and then find out I really needed to see the original series before getting this. I hope this make since. I had a long day and I'm tired, lol.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The movies start out the same as the series, then go in a different direction. I don't think you need to see the original series before the movies to understand them, but since only the first one is out (in America) I can't say for absolute certain that will remain the case.

3. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Awesome, thanks for replying.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In fact, 1.11 is pretty much the first six episodes strung together, with the flow reworked for movie purposes, with redrawn animation, and only a small bit of new material.

The second movie starts taking the story in a dramatically different direction than the series, apparently.

But yeah, it's meant to be a stand-alone story. You shouldn't need to watch the original series, except for curiosity's sake.

I personally feel the TV series, and its follow-up movie were a waste of time. From what I've heard about the second movie, things seem to be shaping up a lot more nicely this time around.

5. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Also, the new movies seem to
    take place after the world ended and restarted in the old continuity, since Kaworu talks about Shinji in past-tense before they've even met.

It wouldn't hurt to watch the series and "End of Evangelion" at some point while you're waiting for new movies.

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    That's a very interesting theory, but not necessarily true since he's barely been in the films yet so we don't know the context of those lines.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    They do, believe you me, they do.