I have a question...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dsparks75, Oct 23, 2007.

1. puppylove

puppylove mini ops caretaker

News Credits:
    can only boys respond? i am 30, so is my guy (not married, but going on 9 years). we both collect (although i have more...), and he loves my transformers out on display in the livingroom. in fact he is a terrible enabler telling to get more! or buying me more! :D 

2. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I'm 34, two kids, my wife helps me with my collecting. She looked for some JLU for me today (nothing doing, thanks Mattel!). The only time she ever had a problem with it was when I bought both the reissue anime and e-hobby Galvatrons at the same time. She thought that was a bit much, but still didn't say too much.

3. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'm 28, almost in the specified age range, and my girlfriend doesn't mind my collection at all. In fact, for my last birthday she bought me Optimash Prime, Voyager Ratchet and the Voice Changer helmet, which is probably more than I've bought myself for the last six months.

4. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Tolerates but probably secretly wishes I didn't.

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Boomchikawawa...;) 

I'm 32, married with 1 1/2 yr. old son. I saved my transformer toys from when I was a kid to have something to play with my own kids. Turned out that my younger siblings found them during my college years. After my son was born I went for the boxes at my parents and found the damage. Only one box's worth of non destroyed toys. So my wife had been telling me to get a hobby to quit driving her nuts, and it was fishing or Transformers. She got me Transformers for last Christmas and we haven't looked back..I have about 300 now, and she only gets a bit perturbed on the cash outlay when I am looking at collection threads here and people have less than me.. So I just go over to DJ Soundwaves collection http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=97989 and that solves the problem. But it is not usually followed by afternoon delight :( 

6. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I'm married and have a six year old. My wife encourages my collecting quite often and even hunts for me when she is out and I am not. My son collects too and has since Energon (before that he was on the Playschool GoBots). My wife lives the fact that he and I can have a special / different father / son relationship due to the common bond of Transformers.

7. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i'm 27 and she leaves me alone lest a rag on her "my little pony"'s.(she's 31.)

8. Borgiwan

Borgiwan Active Member

I'm 31 and have been married (second try) for a bit over a year. She's cool with it, as long as it doesn't spill over into the living room or replace car payments. She knows she really married an eight year old.

9. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I'm 32 ~ I'm not married, don't currently have a girlfriend, but my Ex was always fine with my Transformer Collecting.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am 28, divorced, but TF's had nothing to do with that and she was okay with them and often would buy me them. My current girlfriend doesn't mind at all and is pretty encouraging with it.

11. Necrophon

Necrophon Speaker of Death TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'm 31, married for 1 & 1/2 years, no kids yet. My wife likes to tease me about my TF's but only in play. For my birthday she bought me Optimash Prime and put $150 in the box with it for me to buy more. Also she AND my mother-in-law buy me figures I need whenever they see them and I'm not around. They joke how they can't go into a store anymore without checking the toy aisle.

As an interesting side note, about two months ago I went to a toy show and spent about a hundred dollars on old G1 TF's. I came home expecting her to freak out on me, but instead she made me be her love slave for the rest of the day.

It was a sacrifice, but I rose to the challenge. :wink: 

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

26, with no kids. Currently going through a divorce, but that's on account of her being a lazy hooker. TFs were never an issue--she even painted the living room Devastator green and our dining room Bumblebee yellow so that my favorite lithographs would match.

I've never had a problem with any females and my toy collection, to be honest, and I actually expect them to be more tolerant as I grow older (thereby making more money, removing the one complaint I'd understand about collecting).

13. Mexi-Con

Mexi-Con ...Stop Me When I'm Lying

Ebay:
    My ex-wife always got a kick out of it. She supported me and still does on my TF collecting. She felt really bad about me having to sell off most of my collection after we split to pay bills.

I dated a girl for about 5 months who bought me MP Megs, G1-Blaster, a few alts, T-shirts and tickets to the movie.

Most women I meet now learn right away about my passion for the fact I have decals on my car or see my tattoos. The majority seemed to be intrigued or just shake their head in amusement. Matter of fact, the TF movie got me a couple dates! Imax, and the now the DVD! :dj  :rock 

14. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm 33, married 7 1/2 years. My wife bought me Brave Max for one of our anniversaries.

I'd say that qualifies as "supportive" of my hobby.

15. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

I just turned 29 on oct. 7 my wife bought me leader Brawl and the new transformers movie the 2 pack with transformers the beginings. She even looks in the stores for them when i can't .

16. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    well, almost...
    I'm 56 and totally corrupted by Backscatter here.

17. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I know how that works. They are hooked.

18. Mrdrea

Mrdrea Deceptijet King

I'm 34 and my wife (40) buys her own ... mostly Beast Wars.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i love reading these threads!! I'm 30, engaged (to be wed 06-07-08!!), and Em totally lets me do my thing. Granted, right now, i'm trying to cut back to save for the wedding, and she helps me with that, but she has hunted for me in the past. Not so much now, as it's rare for her to be out when i'm not, due to our schedules. She loves my TF tatts, and is just great as sujpport!!!

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    33, 2 kids (3 1/2 years and 4 months). Wife doesn't mind as long as I stick to my budget. She thought my being on the TF DVD was pretty cool, and admits that certain TF things are 'cute,' such as the Robot Heroes and the Plushies.

-Tony!