I have a problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Quickdrawn94, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Quickdrawn94

Quickdrawn94 Bronybot

When ROTF came out, I saw it 7 times. While anticipating DOTM, I thought I would see it just as many times, if not more. I have seen it only three times and I already lost the buzz. DOTM is obviously the better film, but why didn't I see it more?

2. Naivafatron

Naivafatron MEGATRON'S MINION

not sure. I saw ROTF 15 times and only DOTM once. Maybe because it's a closure movie? I'm a Decepticon fan and they killed them all off, so there isn't really a reason to watch it again is what I'm thinking.

3. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Wow, seven time's. I saw each movie twice.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Exact same thing (4 instead of 7 for ROTF) with me... I've only seen DOTM 2x and don't know if I'll see it again. But I also like it more than ROTF, so I'm not sure what's going on. I think it's the time, to be honest. By the time I go to the theater, see the movie and then go home, that's 3.5 hours taken up.

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just tough to do.

6. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

I saw them both once in theatre, but I could watch TF1 or ROTF on DVD over and over and not get bored of them. But for DOTM, Im in no hurry to get the DVD, I dont care to see it again anytime soon. Not really sure why either...

7. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

You mean 7 times at the theater or at home?

Cuz I have seen it like 300 times since I own the dvd...Same thing for the first film.

I always watch movies I like again and again. I can watch them 100 times and I will never get bored.

But at home...at the theaters, man, though I love going to the cinema, its a bit expensive, so I dont go more than twice to the same movie at the cinema.

At home, story is different xD

8. Quickdrawn94

Quickdrawn94 Bronybot

7 times at theaters

9. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Same here. I saw both first Transformers movies many, many times in the theater. This one, I did see it multiple times, but it's definitely worn out on me, while ROTF never has. Main reason why I watch the movies is because of the Transformers, and their fights, and well, I felt DOTM was lacking in any real kick ass Transformers fighting. The movie needed a good all in out brawl like there was in ROTF and the forest fight. Best fight in DOTM is the Mexican standoff, but that was way too short!

Also, I liked Mikaela and Sam way more than I like Carly and Sam, so when the Transformers weren't on screen, those two still made up for it. But even then, there was always an Autobot with Sam in ROTF, in this third movie, I just thought it was seriously lacking Autobots in scenes other than as a backdrop.

10. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Dayum! You people are killing me! Even IF I wanted to go see these films that often it's WAY to expensive... not that I can't afford it (I do al'ight), but in terms of principle, $12 a pop JUST for the film (let alone if you want a drink and snack??)

Anyway, saw TF1 and DOTM once each in the theaters... never got the chance for ROTF and had to wait for the DVD to drop.

11. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

In my country, a movie ticket is like $3.50...on wednesdays its a lot cheaper, like $2, but that day is full of people so its likely you will get trampled and fondled and I prefer to pay more and go to the movies any other day, even if its a bit more expensive...

But then, add to that the snacks, soda, hotdog, candy, whatever, then, I will have spent like $10 or $12 each time I go to the cinema, so I cant afford going more than twice xD

And anyways, most times I would go to a movie would be 3....then I would just wait for the dvd.

Once it is on dvd, I can watch my fav movies 500 times and I will never get bored. And I have done so, quite literally, with the movies I like. Maybe the smaller number of times I have seen one of my fav movies would be 25. And ui think I may be wrong, maybe that can be 35 xD

12. 13 Primes

13 Primes MCU Fan

that is weird I don't know why that would be :confused: 
    I saw Rotf 5 times in theaters
    And i saw Dark of the moon 4 times, planing
    on seeing it again though so that will make it
    5 times :) 

13. NoWeePrime

NoWeePrime Prime

I don't watch movies twice, because every week I go to the movie theater and watch a different movie. I watched DOTM once, and Ill just wait until the DVD to watch OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

14. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I only saw DOTM twice...first time in 3D on Opening Day (6/29).....2nd time in IMAX 3D during the weekend.
    At the 3 theaters near me, I can't really see it more then twice now.
    Ever since Cowboys and Aliens AND The Smurfs hit theaters, there have been less DOTM showings (About 2-3 in both formats). With Rises Of The Planet of the Apes arriving (arrived if you see this on 8/5 or later), only 2 theaters are playing DOTM in 3D while all 3 are playing 2D.
    With Final Destination 5 being the next 3D movie, I'm sure that's gonna kick DOTM out of my closest theaters.
    Well, seems like I gotta pre-order the Blu-ray 3D.

15. OrionsBelt

That could be the reason too. There is alot more choices for me. After DOTM's 3rd weekend, I already had plans to see Captain America. This weekend, it's going to be Planet of the Apes movie.

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, same here. I had seen the first two, multiple times, I've only seen this twice. Yet, it's my absolute favorite film of the entire trilogy, which is hard to admit, because I loves me ROTF.

I will say that the final battle is exasperating. It tends to go on and on. It's good, just a tad long. I don't mind the film's running time, just the sequence's.

Plus, I just haven't had time to get back. With this heatwave and no A/C in the van, getting to the theater is the hard part. A/C at home and the theater is great, but when you have to drive 5 miles each way and it feels like you're driving on the surface of the friggin' sun, you tend to stay out of said vehicle.

Fortunately, my Dad wants to go, and the dollar theater just got their hands on it. With prices so low, I plan on going several times. I want that billion plus to be plus plus plus. =P

17. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

I wanted to go see DOTM a third time but it's not showing in 3D anymore and 2D screenings are really few and far between. Shame, since I loved the 3D.

18. OrionsBelt

^Same in my region, only like 2 screenings a day now. It's taking a backseat to all of the other movies competing in the same genre, from Harry Potter, to Captain America, Cowboys and Aliens to this weekends Rise of the Apes movie. And it seems the American audience is craving the adult comedies like crazy, because they have a high screen count too.

19. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    Wow, I can't see any film (even ones I love like these films) more than 3 or 4 times in the theater. But then I'm dying to see them again in the interim before the DVD comes out!

I think the issue is that RotF had the best FIGHT scenes. TF1 had the mystery and wonder, and DotM had the emotion and story, but RotF's forest battle STILL can't be topped for sheer awesomeness that lasts a long time. However, the last 20 minutes of DotM are AMAZING (just got back from the theater for the 3rd time).

20. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Interesting. Same here. Although, I only saw ROTF 3 times I did just see DOTM a second time. Part of it is I am a little busy this time around though.