I have a problem with my Alt Tracks

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primevil, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I finally picked up Alt Tracks, having seen him for the first time since the day after Christmas. Since I've owned BT Tracks for more than a year, I figured I was familiar enough with the transformation to do it without the instructions.

I'm not sure which step I did out of order, but it didn't take long for a piece of him to pop off. That piece would be the right (his right) missile launcher. I've looked at the part several times and nothing looks broken. It looks like one of those parts that are made to detatch if excessive force is applied. But I've been applying as much excessive force as I possibly can to pop the launcher back into place. I can push it into its proper place, but when I let go it pops loose.

Again, it doesn't look broken, but the round piece that plugs into the socket has three segments. I have no clue what it looked like before the part came off, but I suspect the tabs wound up getting warped.

Here's a pic of the part (brightened in Photoshop)

Anyone have any solutions how to get this part back on? In theory, I could return it to Wal-Mart, but there are a few problems. I can only get to Target and Wal-Mart. Target doesn't have Alternators. Wal-Mart does, but with three Prowls, two Sunstreakers, a Skids and no other Tracks on the shelf, I'm not holding my breath on a restock soon. Of course, I can't get there until Friday anyway, so maybe they'll restock by then... Or I can buy a replacement online, or ask my parents to find one for me... I mean, he's not that rare anymore.

But yeah, any suggestions for how to fix Tracks to save myself the trouble of replacing him with a new one?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    the piece is warped, yeah. gonna have to be replaced. tracks is a bit of a shelf-warmer this time around, so if you return him, you should be able to get another one fairly soon.

you could TRY putting the part back on, and going in from the side with a small flathead screw driver and push the black bits outward again, but I doubt it would work.

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't think it'll work. The part that the missile launcher pivots on is in a really cramped area (right at the corner of the rear windshield). Not to mention the fact that I don't have a screwdriver in my dorm and the "best" tool I do have is an X-Acto knife blade.

*sigh* I'll just have to exchange it, I guess. I just wish I didn't have to wait nearly a solid week to get back to Wal-Mart.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't have handy to compare to right now but I think I've done the same thing before. It looks like it should just pop back in, I'm not sure why it's giving you trouble.