I have a potentially stupid question (IDW Graphic Novels)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Grimlock_13, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Long story short, I haven't bought a comic book in over 10 years but I saw some Transformers graphic novels and picked up the Spotlight compilations, RoTF Defiance, Maximum Dinobots and Infiltration, Escalation and Devestation.

Infiltration is labeled Volume 1, Escalation Volume 3 and Devestation Volume 4. Escalation seems to pick up where Infiltration left off, but am I missing Volume 2? I've been very intrigued and happy with the writing and art so I want to make sure I'm getting the entire story!

Thanks for reading and any help would be appreciated :) 

2. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    Volume 2 is Stormbringer (it's issues 7-10 in their sub numbering)

3. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Ah gotcha! I forgot that picked that one up as well. Thanks for the quick reply!

4. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    It gets kind of confusing after Devastation. Revelation fits there, so in a sense it could be labelled as no. 5. However, since it is told through a series of 4 Spotlights it is labelled as "The Transformers: Spotlight: Revelation" and is labelled as the 4th volume of Spotlights. It really makes sense in both spots, I guess. However, Maximum Dinobots (which isn't numbered) takes place sometime after Devastation also and finishes up the Earth based part of the story... so, yeah.

Revelation and Max Dinos were being written and published at the time All Hail Megatron was just beginning so a lot of shifting and cutting was done so the Furman-verse just kind of ended in a mess. Decent ending storywise, but the continuity is kind of shot to hell.

5. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    Gotcha...I'll have to go back for the Spotlight: Revelations book...they had it and I was tempted to get it but I was already spending WAY too much money as it was.