I have a job for the holidays!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Primevil, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I'm doing overnight stocking at Toys R Us. I went for the "interview" today, which consisted of a basic summary of the job, asking if I was willing to do certain things (use a knife to open the boxes, work quickly, get dirty), and why I was interested in the job. I made it a point to leave out the fact that I wanted the job because I didn't want to deal with customers. :D 

I get to work 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM for better-than-I-expected pay. Orientation is tomorrow afternoon and I get to start on Friday. If things go well, I could have money for Botcon 2008.

2. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I applied to TRU once for a xmas holiday worker. Never heard back. :( 
    I think I was just over qualified.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like to work at TRU. I'm friends with the district manager for them over here.

4. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Man thats great. Good luck.

5. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

Congrats!!! :rock 

I'm debating to do the same as well (for extra Xmas cash); I'm just scared that most of the money that I make there will end up staying there with all the toys I might purchase.

6. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

When I read the thread title I was hoping you wouldn't say TRU but you got a job as a stocker so that's not too bad. Best times I ever had working for TRU was when I worked the backend, getting all the ticket items and never having to deal with customers except when you need to get their stuff. Stocking is even better, but I only got a few opportunities to do that while I worked for TRU.

Just realize that when you work in the back of a retail store you really lose what people skills you had, sometimes for the better though. Once I got swamped with about 8 items at once. It took me ten minutes to get all the stuff onto a dock cart and take it to the front of the store. The first guy that had bought one of the items I had to get comes up to me and gives me some smart ass comment while I'm trying to unload stuff off of my cart for the customers to get. I stopped what I was doing, stood up, looked at him then back at my cart full of items and gave him a real dirty look. He got the message, grabbed his car seat and walked away as quickly and quietly as he could.

Trust me, you're never over qualified to work at TRU during christmas. Thing is they get sooo many apps in for xmas work that you basically have to get on their asses for them to notice you.

7. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'd like to work for TRU during the Holidays... just to get my hands on the Hot Wheels SUPER Treasure Hunts, Treasure Hunts and Transformer items.

Yeah, I know, they don't let seasonal work hold back or put aside items for personal reasons, officially.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm worried about wanting to spend all the money they pay me on Transformers, video games, etc., but I'm doing this mostly so I can have money when I go back to school. And I started this thread before I saw the news of Botcon in Cincinnati, so I'm not sure if I'll need to save up for it.

9. Talathia

Talathia TFW's Cool Little Heathen

e.e did that at Home Depot when they asked me why I wanted to work third shift. Ahhh yes, third shift. Welcome to the dark side, my friend. Prepare to say good bye to your sanity (or what ever's left of it).

10. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

That's cool. Do you get an employee discount? The night shift must be pretty cool, the store to yourselves, no customers, and you get to see all the new stock before anyone else.

11. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

I work at Wal-Mart in the Electronics department. Better pay than I expected.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Congrats!

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I thought this was going to be about mall santas! :D 

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I worked several years back when I was getting my bachelors in college, during the pokemon craze. I saw two grandmothers going at it over a pokedex. I saw a guy club another guy over a toy with a bigger toy. I got sick of the crappy in store kiddy music. We had Klingons in the parking lot collecting for charity. They got robbed. They didn't have overnight employees at the store, they had the stay until the manager decided you were to go home employees even if it was Wayyyyyyy after you were scheduled. That's the least of the crazy crap that went on there. Went back to college after Christmas and never re applied.