Customs: I have a few junkions...what to do with them

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by twiztidRodimus, Jan 31, 2012.

1. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    I currently have three junkheaps, and Two Wreck gars, as well as TWO MORE wreck gars on the way.

What is an inexpensive way to change their appearance to make them different. Maiden Japan is great, I know, but its a bit pricey when you factor in I want to change 5-6 of them.

What can be done on a thin budget to differentiate them, so it doesn't just look like JH/WG's?

2. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    swap arms, legs and heads, or you might consider repainting a different part or area on each one to help differentiate. Reprolabels also has sets that help differentiate between all the junkions

3. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    those repro's look good. And a damn good idea. Pehaps picking up those, and the knee pad sets from Maiden japan would be cost effective and efficient

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it presents a wonderful opportunity to try some of your own customization. Try some different paint applications. Look for different parts to add on to create different looks for each. Alter some heads and some parts. Especially with these being "Junkions", you can add all sorts of things!

I'd also recommend looking in Customs and seeing what others have already done. You could very well get some ideas and/or be inspired to go in your own direction.

Dare to be stupid :) 

5. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    Thanks for the inspiration. I've NEVER done a custom before, and I figured, what the hell, mine as well start with this junkion crew I've been building. I will search the tutorial sections of this site to see the best paints etc. I won't have the funds for too many more purchases with my daughter being born in mid-march, so I figured, customizing can keep me in the hobby rather than just collecting.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This post has made me a happy Radicon. I'm even more excited now to see what you end up with.

7. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    Okay, I have a few more questions, or idea thoughts. I want to get the junkion repro's, but I was wondering if limb swapping would work. These are the figures I have, could any of these work for arm/leg/head swaps?

Generations Kup
    RTS Perceptor
    RTS Jazz
    Rts Bumblebee
    RTS G2 Optimus
    RTS Tracks

8. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    Is there a good list of heads that could work swapped onto a junkion mold? I just got a nice set of small screw drivers, and I want to get different head options before I paint my three spare junkions.

9. megatronatlas

megatronatlas Well-Known Member

Generations Kup works well on the wreck-gar mold, you just got to get Kups balljoint hole in his head a little bigger, as does perceptor, and wfc cliffy

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Damn, I'd really like to buy one Wreck-Gar from you. I need to replace the one from my collection.

11. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

Go to the Dollar Tree store and buy tons of fodder to take parts from.