I have a dilema...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Razorclaw, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I don't know what to do. Should I buy Universe Depthcharge or Japanese metals vs-44 pack (TM Tarantulas vs TM Rhinox)??

Depthcharge is 10 bucks cheaper, plus he's ...Depthcharge. On the other hand I really like Tarantulas, while I'm 'meh' with Rhinox. Now I never owned these toys previously, so all of my opinions are based on online reviews and pictures.
    Maybe I should take only jap. metals TM Tarantulas only, as he's the same price as Depthcharge, but he's just a deluxe, while I can get ultra for the same doe.

The problem is I can get these only on ebay as I can pay only through CC directly or through Bidpay (I know about paypal, I was using it in the last 2 years, but since this spring they won't accept CCs from my country, so my options now are highly limited).

So hit me. HIT ME!! I want your opinions on this.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally would go for Depthecharge. Mainly because.... well....he's Depthecharge, he's awesome. Good luck it choosing.

3. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I don't like the colors on Univ. Depthcharge. My son has him, and I'm really like the regular colors better. Tarantulus is a cool toy, and the vs packs are neat, too. A Univ. Depthcharge shouldn't be nearly as expensive as that vs pack, either. Just my .02 cents.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would've said Tarantulas VS Rhinox on the basis of it being a little scarcer......

but Deptcharge is a fun toy.

5. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

Tarantulas vs Rhinox

TFU Depthcharge is ugly, get BW instead

6. Razorclaw

I can't buy BW because nobody who has him accepts bidpay. please read the whole post next time.

You ought to say that vs pack shouldn't be as cheap as Uni. Depthcharge.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Save your money on Universe Depthcharge. I didn't like the repaint on that one either. I got one in with a whole huge box of TFs in an awesome trade and ended up giving it to my nephew. I have the original and love it.

Get BW Depthcharge instead. Better toy all-around. BTW, there are vendors/dealers outside of ebay who accept CC. Here's just one from a google search: http://www3.telus.net/toybarons/beastwars.htm

8. Razorclaw

3:2 for the vs pack. A close shave. I'll give it another day, see what other members think about this.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Go with the two pack, then save up for later to get a show-accurate Depthcharge. The universe one looks lame.

10. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since its a Universe Depthcharge, go with the 2 pack, and get a good Depthcharge later on. :) 

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Man, I dunno about you guys, but I think the Universe Depthcharge is the better looking of the two DCs. The spray apps kick ass.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100%, he is way better than that two pack.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Universe depthcharge is a POS. The original is much better. Id get the Metals VS pack. TM tarantulas is kick ass.

14. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I don't know what you're paying for either, so I have no basis to say that. For reference, Buretz has a thread in the Junkion with a Uni. DC for $7. Just so you know. You'll enjoy both. DC is a good mold, but in the end, it's your money. Happy buying.

15. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    You could always get the Vs pack and I could be persuaded to sell my loose Universe Depthcharge to you...

16. Razorclaw

Uni. Depthcharge costs me $38 shipped. VS-44 pack is $48 shipped (TM Tarantulas & TM Rhinox). TM Tarantulas alone costs $37.98 shipped. All of this stuff is MISB.

I don't know. I dig the DC in these colors as they still scream "badass". On the other hand I also dig TM Tarantulas, but I'm not too fond of Rhinox. When you compare DC and Tarantulas (solo) you have an ultra and a deluxe at the same price.
    DC that Buretz has for sale is a steal, but I can't pay for it. I checked paypal, I can pay through credit card w/o opening an account but only for ebay auctions.