I hate you Universe Powerglide, I hate you.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, May 27, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    You ever buy a figure, thinking to yourself, I should know better? But for whatever reason you convince yourself, hey this will work because of some dumb reason?

Yeah, I hate that. Powerglide is this figure. Oh how I hate this figure. The Jet mode is not too bad, but the bot mode is horrific. I mean so horrific that no negative review can do justice on how bad it is.

I should have seen past my desperation of being a classics completionist. Why did I convince myself his new scale would be fine?

I mean, the head on this thing is horrible. The arms, forget about it, why should they even tab in correctly, that would be too much to ask for I guess. Standing up, yeah, that doesn't work either. He is just a straight up mess.

Why oh why did I buy him? Do you guys actually like him? I mean maybe someone could take a pic of him in a cool pose and let me know how long it to stand in that pose. Also, if anyone knows a head shrinker, please send him my way, Powerglide definately needs it. Maybe a breast reduction as well.

2. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't have Powerglide, but I feel like this about TFTM Voyager Megatron. I was collecting TFs then, he looked pretty cool, I'm a fan of the cons, there was a sale....I picked him up.

Opened him up and transformed him in like 5 minutes...that was it??? I hate how his feet spring back to closed position if he's not standing on something.

This pretty much killed me desire for movie line toys. So I be very picky when it comes to them, I have to see a lot of pictures or he has to be named Starscream.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Have you looked at the DOTM Cyberverse Powerglide? He's doesn't look too bad with all my classics.

4. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yeah, I have been hunting him, but there is nada by me. Couldn't find him anywhere.

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    He ought to show up somewhere - give me a shout if you need some help I've seen a few hanging around stores in my area.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I think it's an alright figure ...

7. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    He's one of the first I'll be going to if I need parts for customs... :) 

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Stormcloud is the best use of that mold IMO.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You know what makes it even worse? The fact that Seaspray is a freaking awesome figure. The same reasons I used to buy Powerglide, were the same reasons I used to buy Seaspray.

If I would have bought Powerglide first, I would have never ended up with Seaspray.

I literally just opened both up in the last 30 minutes. So much hate and love in such a short period of time.

10. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I completely and wholeheartedly agree with this thread.

Powerglide is... not a good Classics figure... buuuuut, unfortunately, you need him to complete the classics line (not really too sold on the DOTM powerglid.. that face is weak)

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Completism is a mental disease. Banish it with all your might. Both Powerglide and Silverbolt were pretty weak and I am happy to be rid of them.

12. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have an extra Cyberverse Powerglide along with an extra Blackout. PM me if you're interested.

13. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I actually have 5 molds of him,2 original in white,2 Stormcloud,and 1 Walmart Exclusive Red,and to tell you the truth he does lack in robot mode,but in his plane mode he is just pure kicka** IMO.also I will say that when I find a new one the first thing I do is take him apart and strip the electronic guts out of him since he is notoriously top heavy,but when I do that he is pretty stable. So in closing he may have his drawbacks but he is still one of my fave classics.

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah....I thought the face was....well....weird. I mean, it looks like a movie line robot but the rest of him looks like he should have been like a scout class in the classics line. *shrugs* What can I say...the thing grew on me. So I bought him when I saw em.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    He's not a bad figure. Not excellent, but definitely not bad. Mine's wings peg perfectly and I can stand him well if properly transformed. I guess if I went back in time I wouldn't buy him again (or I'd at least try to get the red version) but it's not like I loathe him.

It's just that his counterpart Onslaught beats the shit out of him in every possible level.

16. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I think he will be my 5 minute figure. I am about ready to take him off the shelf. I want to puke looking at the shelf with him on it.

The other thing I just realized is that he is the tallest and largest classics figure. YUCK.

Why? Why? Why?

I am hoping for some radicon to come up with a head sculpt for him. I may have to do some kitbashing or just get one from brunkion:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/317696-classics-powerglide.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'll agree the mold is pretty crappy compared to Onslaught, but personally the size doesn't bother me. He's supposed to be an A-10, which is generally larger than all the car Autobots, so the fact he's bigger makes him more appealing than the Cyberverse one. I also don't give a damn about how some robots must be smaller than others because "that's how they were in G1!" Except for Guzzle, he makes small sizes work.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like Universe Powerglide. ;_;

19. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    hell yeah, I wasn't originally even planning to buy him but I ended up loving Stormcloud. Thanks FunPub fiction for selling me on repaints :p 

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    powerglide isn't really THAT terrible...