I Hate Yahoo Chat Rooms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage232, May 24, 2008.

1. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, but this is a bit of a rant. Why does it seem that everytime I go into one these chat rooms on yahoo, there is always atleast one jerk to screw things up? I have been chatting online for a while now, and there is this one moron who is always purposely trying to pick a fight with me. I know I can put him on ignore, but it still doesn't stop him from talking crap about me to the other chatters. The worst part is that I like a couple of people that go into this chat room very much, but they also seemingly have no problem with this idiot. He curses and swears non stop. You guys have any suggestions on how to deal with a clown like this? And while we are on the subject, is it just me, or has the quality of yahoo chat dropped a great deal in recent years? And I don't just mean them taking away the "create your own room" option, but the kind of people that go into them. There just seems to be a never ending flood of idiots who come into these rooms whose sole purpose is confrontation and to spread viruses. :banghead: 

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I pick fights with you because you whine too much. (HAI THAR!)

3. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Wait there still people in Y! Chat rooms? WTF! Next you will complaining about the lack of people on Ew-Too Telnet talkers. (Grumbles on IRC about this...)

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

You learn something every day: I didn't know Yahoo had chat rooms.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I've gone into Myspace chat rooms for the lulz. It's funny, especially when you come home from drinking and are looking to easy lolz.

6. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Is this like a room you go to with a specific group of people or is this like random chat? I am not familiar with chat rooms really.

I mean just like forums, people dislike each other and will take any and every opportunity to attack someone they dislike. You can either let it bother you or just ignore it and let them look foolish by not returning their tone and pointless insults.

And if you are chatting with the same people, you either like talking to them or it is too much of a hassle and then you move on and find a new group of people to discuss with.

7. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    I miss the good old 2005 Gabbly days. :( 

8. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

I misst the chat room we had way back when!...

9. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Yahoo's still around? I thought it had been absorbed into the Google Hive Mind a long time ago along with Ask Jeeves, Napster, and Transfandom.

10. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    If you look up the word "moribund" in an online dictionary, it will include a link in the definition to Yahoo Chat.

11. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Yahoo! Chat was the place for hookup nookie, in like 2002/3. Then again so was AOL chat in 1996...

12. Mirage232

I guess there is no other alternative when you put it like that. Yahoo chat is generally random chat, but there are certain people that will always go back to a certain room every night. The problem with trolls there are not really that much different than having a troll hassle you here, except here we can complain to the staff. There you have no one to complain to. As much as I like talking with these people, I may just have to move on to another group alltogether. Yahoo chat really, and I mean really needs a moderator in their chat rooms.

13. Mirage232

Lol, yea they were back in the day, the poor mans answer to AOL chat rooms, but they were atleast an alternative. As time passed, Yahoo removed all the teenage chat rooms, (because of the ever growing problem with child predators), as well as the feature to create your own personal chat rooms. Unfortunately Yahoo still has child predators and other twisted people, as well as being filled with "bots". If your not talking to jerk, then your usually talking with one of these bots, so most of the chatters in the room are not even real to begin with. Now chatters have to type in a code every time we log in, (which was meant to fight against bots) and we still put up with same garbage. In short, Yahoo chat has become a joke.

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Yahoo chat for me ended in '99, good to know i'm still not missing anything.

15. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back when the internet was still coal powered, i used to chat on PIRCH and loved it. Yahoo or 99 percent of online chat rooms were sleaze zones.
    i had a MILF chat room on PIRCH- about 8-10 soccer moms and housewives that chatted with a couple times a week- and the most fun we had was just waiting for a loser to show up phishing for a date or something. the ladies let em drop their lines and then i would watch them shoot them down.
    some of those ladies were brutal.
    they wanted to talk to anybody that wanted to talk, not score some booty.

and it is scary what you learn in chat rooms. met a woman and chatted with her a little over a year before she vanished and all that time i thought she was a 15-19 year old because she talked about teeny-bopper stuff. her tone, her musical tastes, all said "young" and i kept it platonic because of that.
    turned out that she was a 37 year old forensic pathologist whose tastes were a defense mechanism against her work.
    kinda made conversations with her intriguing.

talk about MTMTE.

hate chat rooms these days... miss the good old days.