i hate to ask this

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by thunderbat16, Sep 19, 2006.

1. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

could someone tell me how nemisis prime came to be i must have missed that episode when i was a kid or don't remember it one i know this makes me look like a complete retard but i just can't remember him for the show..... help?
    :confused2 

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Nemesis Prime wasn't in the original show...it's a name used for an 'Evil' Prime nowadays instead of Scourge, which was used in RiD for the black prime repaint. Nemesis Prime was first used for the Deluxe "Bendy" Prime repaint in the Armada toy line. (I think that was the first time anyway)

3. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Yeah, Armada was the first using of the "nemesis" name.

4. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Wasn't there a show or comic revolving around Nemesis Prime? I could have sworn I saw something with half his face chewed up or something awhile ago.

5. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

thnakx i'm not out in the cold anymore

6. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

Uhm. I think there was a universe comic that stared nemesis prime. ( the big convoy repaint.) I cant be sure about that though.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    There was an episode of Armada called "Puppet" that featured Nemesis Prime. It was a pretty good episode as well. Nemesis Prime attacks some Autobots (Hot Shot and Red Alert) and Decepticons who managed to get in his way. Optimus and Galvatron use their combined might to destroy Nemesis Prime, who is revealed to then be a facade of Sideways.

8. CrockAlley

CrockAlley Gween donkey! Mine!

There was a mini comic series included with the Armada DVDs in Japan. Look for "Linkage" on this page.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Takara wanted more money, so they dipped Optimus into black paint and sold him as a new character. Then Hasbro thought that was such a great idea, that they did it too. Now almost every Optimus Prime mold gets a black repaint. And that's where Nemesis Prime comes from.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    my mom told me nemesis prime came from the stork >:[

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nemisis Prime is briefly shown in the Linkage manga, I forget what the narration says about him but it's something about him being another TF who fell under Unicron's control. He's a very nasty character though, he gets bits of himself blown off and chopped off throughout the fight and he just grows them back. That's where your mangled face comes from. One of Armada's best moments.

In RiD, Scourge came about when Megatron stole a group of lost Protoform Autobots, and converted them to evil by a direct infusion of energy from his own twisted Spark. The last vehicle he scanned was a tanker truck full of rocket fuel driven by the human Kelly. Because the truck was volatile and liable to explode, Optimus grabbed it to stop it turning over and blowing at the moment that Megatron scanned it. As a result, he scanned Optimus and Kelly as well, resulting in a dark version of Optimus Prime with a touch of humanity in him to boot (important to the later plot).

Other "Scourges / Evil Primes" include Grand Scourge (plastic kit from Super Link, the Japanese Energon. No use in other media), Universe Nemisis Prime (he was a Target Exclusive repaint of the Japanese Big Convoy, he's seen some use in the Collector's Club comic), Destructicon Scourge (an RiD toy, non-show character but meant to be the same as the RiD Scourge). There's also the original "Evil Prime" from the Japanese Mangas, Guiltaur, who is an Optimus / Megatron hybrid built by the Quintessons and possessed by Starscream's Ghost. No toy for that one, though, he was only in the Manga.

The episode Dark Awakening also featured an evil Optimus Prime, but he's not a black repaint. If you've not seen that one you should, its G1's finest hour.