I Hate These Kind of Listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Tigertrack, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Dumb statements suck too.

1) I have to pay a percentage of my auctions on MY sales. If I have to EVERYONE else has to.

2) This idiotic crap helps to increase the speed at which ebay increases it's fees.

3) It's actually not petty, but complaining about people who are concerned about it is.

2. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Complaining about whether your money goes mostly to shipping is like the seller complaining that the buyer used their dad's money instead of money they earned working themselves.
    The seller shouldn't care where the money came from, the buyer shouldn't care where it's going.
    (Unless the seller states in the auction that the money he earns is going to buy underage prostitutes or something)

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    actually, the buyer loses out on those kinds of listing, because you get less ebay bucks, and on ebay purchases you can get 8% cash back or more, but not on the shipping. So this is actually saving the seller and hurting the buyer at the same time.

I am not saying everyone needs to carry a hammer of Justice, but at the same time, people should not say that because this bypass of rules does not affect the seller, that we do not have moral obligations.

I would report it. I have actually gotten quite a few listing to be put down because of I reported them.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    These kinds of listing are always bad comedy. What's even funnier to me is a KO Liokaiser set I saw "Armouranker":thumbs2:  for $0.99 with $36.00 economy shipping from China.:lol 

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not my problem if you choose not to buck the system like other people do.

Doubtful. Since eBay apparently won't police it themselves (which should be simple to do) it must not that big of a concern to them.

That's your opinion. It's actually very petty to report auctions like this IMO. It affects no one. The seller gets what they want, the buyer gets what they want. Nobody is getting ripped off but eBay, who rips people off on a daily basis. Oh well. No sympathy from me on that front.

Complaining about the complainers - well, you have me there.

How's your non-paying bidder who wants a discount thing going BTW?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. Backlash against people who report eBay auctions and do the rest of us a favour by getting rid of overcharging assholes? Are you lot fucking joking?
    Shit like this makes eBay a more annoying experience. And really; What skin is it off your collective noses if someone reports an auction for breaking eBay's TOS?

7. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You're right, who cares. I'll just keep not reporting this minor crap and not caring, nor will I act surprised and start a thread about it when I see it for the 100th time this week.

It happens, it's everywhere on eBay, and it isn't going to stop anytime soon. For every auction like this that people waste their time reporting there are 1000 others that go unreported. Loss of fees for eBay should only matter to eBay.

I guess I only care if I see individuals getting ripped off. That is not happening here.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I do hope that also means you won't post in them when someone else does.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If I see robbery in the form of people I know avoiding taxes by the government by going around the rules, and I see it often enough, should I just never bother?

10. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hope is a wonderful thing. I hope the same for you since neither of us really has anything to add by posting in them.

You report people you know cheating on their taxes? Not that I cheat on taxes, but I'm glad to not be your friend. Other people's taxes = none of my (or your) business. However, I think you need to explain the situation you are referring to a little better.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would agree half and half, Mega. Its none of my business what they do, per say. But if it affects me, then it does, right?

I was merely pulling a comparison. Honestly, if ebay is losing enough money from people circumventing fees, do you think ebay would increase fees or do something to balance it out, if they are unable to minimize the issue? Even if we don't talk about moral responsibility of the society for an individual, we can talk about personal gains and losses due to another's desire to circumvent rules.,

12. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess I'm not really looking at it from a seller's standpoint. I do not sell on eBay, therefore I do not care. I can see why this bothers sellers, although I probably still wouldn't care if I did sell stuff.

To me staying out of other people's business is more important than getting involved when I see them break some minor rule. Being a tattletale is morally reprehensible to me.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Well, I suppose we differ in the definition of "minor rule".

And yes, being a tattletale doesn't get good results. But I also believe that turning a blind eye isn't the way to go, either.

There are many wars in history that's caused by people turning a blind eye to relatively minor events/breaking of rules, which turned bigger and bigger. But I digress.

I tend to report blatent breaching of rules. I don't mind as much if say, an item is worth 100$, and shipping is 5$, that they list a BIN as say, 90 bucks and shipping as 15$. But if it is listed as 99 cent + 110$ shipping, that's awefully deceptive to newer buyers (yes, it would be the buyer's fault for not reading and checking everything carefully, but it is also the seller's dishonesty and purposefully going around the rules)

14. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It seems the OP was more upset about getting the toy for a dollar then having to pay the 60 something for shipping. To tell you the truth, I could care less what this guy does with his auctions as life is too short to worry about some guy scamming ebay. Ebay has jacked me alot of times with people opening up bullshit cases against me and winning, so if a guy can scam ebay and get out of his fees, more power to him-doesnt bother me in the least.

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to mention it tells you the type of person selling. A salesman, a scammer. It's obvious those are KO 35 dollar seekers. It keeps going down the line.

16. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Exactly. If the seller is shady enough to rip people off on shipping in order to avoid eBay fees and not play fair, where else are they going to cut corners?

Like I said before, play fair or don't play.

17. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who are these people getting ripped off? You can't claim shady shipping ripoff when the item in question is being sold for a buck and it is worth the shipping. Finding a loophole in eBay fees does not instantly mean they are out to rip you off. I've bought a few of these $1 auctions and have never been ripped off by one. In fact, the only time I've been burned was by sellers that looked completely legit.

You can say play fair or don't play all you like, but at the end of the day that's all you actually did. People still cheat the system and win at it regardless.

18. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I guess I don't get why you're defending people doing shady business practices?

It's a rip-off because they're claiming to charge $50 or whatever on shipping when they're actually only spending $10 on shipping and then pocketing the rest as profit. At the very least they could be honest about it and put that cost in the actual cost of the item.

It takes 2 seconds to report someone for excessive fees, and I do it every time I see it happen. It clearly works, too, because those listings get pulled. If the person puts it back up, well then maybe someone else will take the 2 seconds to report it again and it'll get pulled again.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's a lot more ignoring and accepting than defending.

WHO is getting ripped off? By that logic I may as well try to say they're ripping themselves off by selling stuff for $1. I don't think you'd agree with that, though.

I guess they assume people are smart enough to add shipping and cost together and realize the deal is still good. They assume people aren't morons and read auctions. That may be assuming too much.

I guess it's your choice to waste time and effort like that. Not mine.

20. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's a problem, too.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

So I take it if you're just accepting and ignoring, you're just going to leave the thread to the people who actually want to talk about it, right? Since like you said, you don't care. So why keep posting about it?

Buyers who don't notice the shipping cost because the seller is opting to be sneaky about it. It's intentionally misleading.

Don't be obtuse - they're not ripping themselves off because they know they're selling the item with $60 shipping. They know they're going to get that shipping money, and they know they're not going to spend it on shipping.

That's the best part, it doesn't take much time and effort and it certainly isn't a waste because those listings get pulled. :) 
    In the time it took you to type your post, I reported every listing the guy in the original post had on eBay.

It is my choice, so I don't really see why you need to comment about my choice to do it if it doesn't really matter to you. :)