I hate stuck paint on "high quality" toys -_-

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Jetstorm, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Well, this isn't Transformer related, because Transformers don't give stupid shit problems like stuck joints because of paint. This is mainly a rant about NECA's Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington figures (and just stuck joints because of paint in general) ***DISCLAIMER* There will be some bad language in here and you'll also understand better if you collect this line**

Ok well, lemme start at the beginning. Series 1 had Jack, Sally, the Mayor, and a Vampire. Ok no major problems here except that one of Jack's wrists broke because of stuck paint. No big deal I can just glue it back on. (And they also released the same Jack with the snowmobile and Series 6).

Series 2... this is where the big problems start. It consisted of Santa Jack, Dr. Finklestein, Harlequinn Demon, and the Witches. All three are fine except Santa Jack. I've gone through THREE FUCKING SANTA JACK ACTION FIGURES and not ONE of them has been good. First one: broke at the wrists. Second one: Broke at one wrist AND one of the legs was painted so tight that it tore the ball joint right off of him. Third one: just the same leg joint.

Series 3 had a new Santa Jack, a new Sally, the Wolfman, and Cyclops. Again, all 3 were fine except Santa Jack who broke at both shoulder joints and both leg joints.

Series 4 consisted of Pumpkin King Jack (y'know, as he's FIRST seen in the movie), Igor, Mummy Boy & Bat Kid, and the Devil. Miraculously Pumpkin King Jack gave me no problems, so this was the only perfect line.

Series 5 had Jack in his PJ's, the Clown, Behemoth, and Undersea Gal. Welp, Pajama Jack decided he wanted one of his shoulders to be stuck and one of his knee joints. So off they came! I ordered a new one with my Series 6 to replace it and his fucking hand came off right out of the package without me even touching it. He also broke in the same Goddamn places as the other one.

Series 6 was the Series 1 Jack with new accessories, Corpse Mom and Kid, Melting guy and Spider hair monster, and Mr. Hyde. None of the figures broke, but the chair that comes with Jack is supposed to have 4 legs. Mine has 2. Why, I'll never know. But the worst part is is that I can see where they broke off, but they weren't even in the package so I can't glue them back on!

I thought these were supposed to be action figures I.E. they actually MOVE like they're supposed to. If I wanted statues I would collect statues. Keep in mind that I didn't even rough-house with these (like we all did with our Transformers back when we were younger). It's just absolutely disgusting how many problems I've had with these, especially since they're so expensive!

With such a high price and being "high quality" action figure I expect a lot better. I have never in my life had a Transformer, Star Wars figure, Simpsons World of Springfield figure, or Ninja Turtle break on me. Yet I've had all the NBX figures and even some Muppet and LotR figures break on me. Absolutely disgusting :yuck 

Thank you for listening to my rant :cool: 

2. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, from what I understand Masterpiece Starscream had that problem as well.

But yeah, that totally sucks. I just experienced that last week with my newest Minimates. Bought the Marvel Zombies set and a pair of Wave 5 DC Minimates, and all of them initially had joints that were stuck. I felt like I was gonna break Zombie Spidey's legs at the knee, even though Minimates are made with a pretty flexible, durable plastic.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

It actually makes me somewhat happy that the Nightmare Before Christmas line has been cancelled even though there are still a few key characters that never made it to plastic... now I don't have to worry about breaking another Jack Skellington.

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That really sucks. There is no way I am NOT getting the Castlevania figures, also from NECA, so that's a bad sign for me. I hope they're better, and either way i will keep a set in box (I have been wating a while for these).