I hate sounding like a troll but,SCALPERS...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oscarnjboy, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscarnjboy

oscarnjboy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    In all seriousness,there was a post recently in the junkion forums,where someone managed to drive around to different TRU'S,and buying out the MP thundercrackers' that came out,then asking for a very unreasonable price.
    As a collector, reading this listing had me very upset.
    I mean I went to the toys r us near me to see if they had it,and of course they were sold out.
    Will i venture to ebay for it? No.
    Will I be willing to pay what this person is asking? No.
    I just have to hope that I will be lucky enough to find one out by me,and buy it for retail cost,not for some inflated price some scalper is asking, because he wants to be reimbursed for the cost of gas.I'm glad lio kaiser closed that thread,yet I will feel kinda bad because,I started this one.
    Did this guy deserve the degrading comments he received from fellow tfw members,my self included? No. I am not defending this guy,nor do I want to encourage this behavior for anyone else.If you are a fan of transformers...then you know how it feels to want something SO bad that,you look high and low both in the real world,and on the internet. Nothing will ever replace the thrill of the hunt when it comes to me.
    I can't speak for any other tfw members here...If I happen to come across a figure that I knew was in demand,and I had the cash for it,you bet your ass I would buy it,then I would sell it,with a slight mark up! If a board member was to make me a reasonable counter offer,then you bet your ass I would sell it.
    In the end both of us come out winning.
    just a thought I felt like sharing.
    If you were able to read this (bad grammar and all)
    Please feel free to let me know what you think about the matter!
    thanks for reading
    -Oscar

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    This topic has been discussed and closed already. Yes, it sucks, Yes, it happens. Hopefully more fans will help fans to avoid allowing scalpers to get the upper hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.