I hate Rollbar and Ricochet!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by smkspy, Oct 18, 2006.

1. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

It's bad enough that many Wal-marts and TRUs have stopped stocking new alternators. The ones that still have them are full with Rollbar and Ricochet meaning that they'll never get any new cases. When they eventually do sell them, Wal and Tru will not restock b/c the line is on hiatus.

Lucky for me there is...I mean there was hope. My hope was target. I had gotten Mirage there last week just missing out on Camshaft and Optimus. Thankfully Mirage was the only one left besides a left over Tracks that has been on the shelf forever. So I knew that this Target would restock alternators soon. I was right, and as I walked down the toy isle I noticed those alternator bubble boxs. I get up to their spot and I see Optimus on top of the Tracks. My hopes are up that they'll have Camshaft too. I lift up the Optimus (my attention was completely on him b/c of the shock of actually finding Optimus), and who do I see? Fucking Rollbar!!! I lift up Rollbar and find Ricochet!!!

So I guess that's it for my one and only place to find new alternators. Rollbar and Ricochet will stay on the shelves until Target puts them on clearance and that will months from now. I guess I just have to accept the fact that Camshaft is the new Swerve.

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    There's always ebay.

I like Ricochet, but Rollbar is the only one I haven't bought yet, and probably won't. Completion be damned.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    We all hate Ricochet and Rollbar. Mostly for the same reason.

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

Rollbar , Ricochet and Skids are shelf warmers, and yes it sucks when it comes to stores not restocking, but I don't hate them for that.

Actually, since I removed the flames off Ricochet, he's my favorite Subaru.

5. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

Well I do not hate them, because i still have not seen them here.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Ricochet, but I understand and agree with your point.

I hear a lot of you talk about things going on clearance if something doesn't sell...
    WHERE does that happen? Around here, things will warm the shelves for however long it takes and prices stay the same.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

yeah it seems the wave my target and walmarts put out were the Fabled Prime skids,rollbar and richochet wave as well. Wasnt that the 1st wave prime was supposed to be in in march? LOL. Two stores around me have the wave out now and Its kind of stupid and a back track. The only one in that wave that needs to be released again is Prime, however the two are still there....guess everyone in my area has a prime.

At some level, i hope the don't send out more camshafts since I have two, but the nice guy in me hopes they do for the people who didn't get him yet.

8. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

I'm another that does like Ricochet... but then I'm in the UK: where the idea of Alternators actaully on retail shelves is somewhere between a myth and a joke: Indeed ALL my TF's are bought online..

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The more Alts the better, as far as I'm concerned... repaint them a half dozen times and I'll buy them all.

Have to agree though, shelfwarmers that prevent restocks of fresh product are indeed frustrating.

10. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pok├ęcon

I've never seen either 'round my parts. Usually I find Jazz and Tracks.

11. smkspy

The TRU here has a Ricochet on clearence for $7. First he started out at $14, then went down to $9, and now he's $7, but still nobody will buy him. How bad is that when a $20 toy can' sell at $7. I'm tempted to buy him myself, but I want to see if he gets cheaper.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I don't hate the figures, I actually quite like them both (Rollbar might have been a lazy repaint, but I like his color scheme and he's a great base for kitbashes).

BUT, I know what you're saying. I would actually not say I hate any one figure, I just hate shelfwarmers. Tracks is my personal curse in that case... my nearest Target has had the same three Tracks sitting on their shelf for over a month. I even considered buying them just to get the bloody things off the shelf so that they might consider re-stocking with something else.

I've still only seen Optimus and Mirage once in retail (I bought them both). Since then I've never seen them. And I've never seen Camshaft at retail.

13. smkspy

I considered the same thing. I was gonna buy both of them and return them at the other target that has like three Tracks and two Jazzs.

And I don't really hate the figures themselves. I just hate seeing them ALL the time at every (which happen to be few) store at carries alternators.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Buy them! That'll get a restock going.

15. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Here's what you do when you get a flood in your store. By flood, I mean 2 or 3 of one figure or so. Buy them ALL. Wait until they get restocked (hopefully with the assortment that you were looking for) and then RETURN the extras you bought to the same store. ;) 

16. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Welcome to my world as I see Marvel Legends. With the line switching hands, I am sick to death of seeing Apocalypse, Sentinels and Onslaught (although at least Sentinel serves a point) everywhere. Wal-mart won't restock their exclusive wave and the new series is vaporware around here, at least so far, but I digress.

As far as Rollbar and Ricochet, after the first 2-3 sightings, I never saw them again. In fact, Alternators in general went down the woozah (except once Tracks appeared). It took a long time for the Optimus/Mirage wave to hit, but they are warming. Meanwhile, I only ever saw Camshaft twice and he's disappeared since. As far as the restock of old stuff - Hasbro's getting rid of old merchandise and gives people a chance to get them.

Truth be told, because of the drought, people have gotten their Alts otherwise and now - repaint or not - they are all generally warming the shelves. It is not uncommon to see Rollbar and Ricochet, or Meister and Tracks, or Mirage and Optimus, etc. People who wanted their Alts have gotten them and they don't give a crap anymore!

As for Camshaft, its like the Mojo series - too late and too early. It might appear again, it might not. The clutter on the shelves because of the terrible, terrible summer distribution has created an excess fallout. At least here in "Middle Brunswick", NJ anyway, I in no way speak for any other region of the world. :) 

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For that matter, might as well hate Skids, 'cause I usually see more of that than any other specific Alt.

I dislike Rollbar, but I find Ricochet quite nifty for unknown reasons. Makes a good receptacle for those free gold 'bot symbol stickers I got for my Reprolabels order too. :) 

18. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I do dis-like them.....I have them but they, well....suck! I have noticed that the actual molding of the plastic and the fit in Altrenator mode on both is extremely poor. Hasbro hit a low point with these two !!

19. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I pased on Rollbar and Ricochet because I thought they were ugly. Same with Swerve. I sure like my Camshaft though.:)  (That by a miracle I ordered from Hasbrotoyshop.com)

20. carnage717

carnage717 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I cant say Im too crazy about all the Rollbars warming the shelf, but I love the Ricochet Alt. Ive used several now in some kitbashes Ive been working on and plan on getting a few more if they every go on clearance. Here are just 2 of the Customs I did out the Ricochets Ive bought.

Cliffjumper:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=112907
    Bumblebee:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=112379

Hopefully I can get a few more on clearance so I can do a Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp Customs.