I hate Rhode Island (Shelfwarmer Central)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    My area has yet to get...wait, nevermind...We've got everything so far.
    [​IMG]

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    True but the super walmart in that plaza with wendys etc they got ROTF wave 4(atleast arcee I am avoiding ROTF right now and focusing on animated whats left of it)

3. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Come to Utah. We have to many effing Mudflaps and Ravages.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I never said it was the Store's fault, I think it's just shitty luck lol QQ is my biggest fear when buying a Transformer. Thats why they should display them in robot mode so you can see there's no missing paint apps or stuff like that.

5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who is in wave 4 again?

I'm having trouble finding Legends class guys. I just want Prime, Jetfire, and the Fallen.

And nobody buy any for me, just tell me where to find them. I'm picky when it comes to buying stuff since I want nice paint apps and nothing wrong with the toys. Quality Control has been going downhill since Energon.

6. Tyrannosaur

Those little chinese kids better stop slacking around or they won't get fed this year.

7. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hey, don't piss them off or we may as well have nothing to buy here in the U.S.

Imagine retail grinding to a complete halt.

I don't really blame it on the workers in China. They do what they must. Sure they're the ones making the products, but it seems the level of standards and expected quality has been ignored and not kept in check. Maybe it's what the company at large expects? I don't know, but other toy companies don't seem to have as much of a problem in producing products with minimal to no factory errors as much as Hasbro has had lately.

Pick up a Hasbro Star Wars figure and compare it to a Hasbro Indiana Jones figure. Right away you see that the Star Wars figure looks fine while the Indy figures look like crap (especially on the heads where the poorly painted eyes make them look like wide eyes mutant freaks).

Now off topic of China, we look at toy manufacturing in Billund, Denmark:

If there is one toy company I know of that takes complete and full responsibility of ANY factory errors of their product it is LEGO. They take that shit seriously and will go above and beyond to correct the issue, even if it happens on a mass scale as seen with their new lime green colored parts. They have worked hard to get an almost foolproof production system, and for any piece that is defective they will replace free of charge. They have said that their faulty part ratio is 18 faulty parts for every 1,000,000 perfect parts produced. That's some goddamn good numbers.

HERE: The Making of…a LEGO

8. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Becaus if you think about it for like 1 second,you'll realise it's the dumbest idea ever.

9. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Because then people would go out and but the new figures, leaving the old ones still behind to collect dust.

And then of course you would make another thread here complaining about how there is nothing new on the shelves and only old figures that should have been gone a long time ago.

Having old figures still on shelves currently is a good idea because not everyone is caught up in buying them all if that is their goal. Plus, some people may not have the cash right now to buy the toys and will later on. So it is good that the toy will still be there for them.

And another reason is that there are kids who may only get to go to the toy store once a month or less and hope that the Sideswipe they've been eying and saving their allowance up for will still be there for them when they can finally go buy him.

And then of course you have some of us fans who may grow to like these old figures over time and hope that the stores will still have them when they finally decide to buy the toys.

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No you have to blame the workers because they are the ones doing the work. Hasbro has gone on record specifically stating why those figures had issues. When the indiana jones figures were produced Hasbro used a new company and factory to produce them. Once they received the actual mass produced product and saw how horrible they were Hasbro did some bitch slapping. Sadly Ij didn't last long enough for fans to see the more improved products that would have come.

I will give lego some props for their product but they are very simple mass produced pieces and they do almost zero assembly so your comparing apples and oranges. Can anybody really name another company that produces action figures as complicated as transformers for dirt cheap with better quality control?

11. netkid

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Bandai? They've made some complex shit over the years and tons of transforming toys spread across their many toy lines.

And yes it is the workers making faulty crap, but isn't it the company's main responsibility to first and foremost check to make sure that the factories can churn out a quality product to begin with? Otherwise they would not have these factories produce their products in the first place.

12. Tyrannosaur

We could ship the shelfwarmers off to homeless kids in Africa to play with. Or a better idea, melt down the toys into oil or whatever recycle them and donate the money generated off that to the "Feed The Children" foundation :D