I hate Rhode Island (Shelfwarmer Central)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

You would think in Rhode Island, the heart of Hasbro, we would get a shitload of Transformers? I'm not sure if it's just this state in general (If the US was a person, Rhode Island is the asshole. It's small and it's full of shit) but where I live we get NO TRANSFORMERS! They we're all out when the movie hit and then there's nothing! No Wave 3 or 4 or whatever! It's just an endless onslaught of Wheelies, Chromias, Fast Action Battlers, and leader class figures. I went to Walmarts, Targets, Toys R'us'es it's all the same figures! Why isn't anyone restocking? Have the shipments come in yet or are there too many shelfwarmers that clog up the shelves?

This happened with the 07 movie too but the complete opposite. In 07 there were no Transformers for months from July to October. But now for 09 there are plenty of Transformers to go around, except they're all crap figures like Wheelie and Chromia and voyagers like Demolisher. The leader class figures like prime and megs are all over the place. Maybe if they lowered the price down to 39.99 like they used to be they would sell alot faster.

Here's a hint Hasbro. How about you create characters that, oh I don't know, are actually interesting character and toy wise? I'm afraid I'm going to buy my figures online for now. You wanna know what's funny? I went up to New Hampshire this week (Absolutley beatiful! I love the vast mountain ranges) and their walmarts are stocked with wave 3 and four transformers. How come they haven't reached RI yet?

I hate this state. Rhode Island is the worst damn place to live in the US. I remember when MP Screamer came out I couldn't find him in any store.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Thanks man. I needed a good laugh. BTW, every place is the worst place to live when you're growing up.

3. Tyrannosaur

Lol you're welcome smkspy.

4. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just going off you description of the events it sounds like stores in your area overcompensated for selling out in 07 and ordered to much crap. Now there sitting on so much old stuff their not gonna order anything new till it moves.

That is not Hasbro's fault at all

It has nothing to do with distribution

One of my Walmarts ordered a F*cking pallet of Leader wave 1 figures. They are now taking up a whole wall. They are literally stacked to the ceiling on an overstock shelf. So is it Hasbros fault I wont be able to buy Jetfire their for like a year? Hell nah.

Major retailers, especially walmart, try to buy in huge bulk quantities in order to drive the cost down. This is what happens when the screw up and over do it.

5. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

It'll change soon, my target was like that the first two months ROTF was on shelves.

6. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    holland sux to...

2007 movie we had almost all figures. maybe we missed a few im not sure.

now 2009 we get the first wave deluxe/voyager/leader. so oke good. have the first wave..

then we get the wave 2 deluxe. so oke.. good..

then we get... the canadian version of universe prowl/sunstreaker/tankor.. WTF?! NO ROTF?!!? the stores are full of them... and to make things worse...

we now get the canadian version of animated deluxe optimus/bumblebee/lockdown/prowl... WTF?!?!?!?

still no ROTF jetfire... Mudflap... Ravage...

sux ass...

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    My area has it worse. There are no deluxes, period.

8. newguy

newguy i

Move, or stop bitching.
    jk

That sucks dude. Colorado isn't that bad. It might take a few weeks before i see a toy that was just released. This year is anoying. each store has a different line up. I'm lucky i found soundwave. I have the only one i have seen in person.

9. Tyrannosaur

I wish I could move newguy, I really really wish I could move. I wanna live up in New Hampshire so bad. It's so beautiful up there. The mountains, forests, rivers and waterfalls. I even saw a few black bears and deer where the Bed & Breakfast I stayed at was located (It was the Ellis River Inn, absolutley wonderful service they had). When you live in Rhode Island, you become like a magnet. You come across some of the worst damn people here all the time. This state has so many bad drivers who will just randomly pull out in front of you and flick you off. In the words of George Carlin (RIP)

"Wouldn't it be nice instead of those cute little headlights you had 50. Cal machine guns?!"

I slightly blame Hasbro for this, just like 1/4 of my argument. They're incharge of the pricing correct? Sure some stores sell them for a bit less but it's only a week or two special offer. It's all 11.88 for Deluxes, 21.99 for voyagers and 44.99 for leaders. If they just kept the prices the same like they did the shelfwarmers may sell faster.

Another reason why I also blame Hasbro is that they also had a part in designing characters for the new movie. Why didn't they create characters that would translate good from screen to toy? I like Wheelie but his toy is complete crap, Demolisher's design was amazingly well done but like Wheelie the toy fails.

Why can't stores just clear their stock of leftovers on the shelves and move them back to the storage room to make room for the new figures? Either that or have like a buy1get1free special, lower deluxe prices to 6.99 and Leaders down to 32.99 etc. TRU did that with Animated back in December for Christmas.

10. -Wreckage-

-Wreckage- I'm Not An Architect

News Credits:
    Bravo, my friend.... bravo... best rant EVAH!!!

11. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Someone brought up a good point the other day. The stores are not going to put out new stuff until the old stuff clears. They spent money on the Ratchets and Wheelies that are collecting dust out there, and we won't see the Long Hauls, and Jolts until they clear out. We are also at the point where they are starting to set up for the holidays, so they need to reorganize. After that we'll see more too. I agree with you, everytime I go to the store it is full of Wheelie, and Ratchet. I am just starting to see Mixmaster, and Long Haul. I saw the first Devastator the other day. Hopefully we'll be getting new waves soon. I live in South Florida by the way. We are seeing similar things here.

12. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

The Targets out here lost two endcaps of TF merchandise to promote the GI Joe stuff. Obviously with the movie being two months ago, they can't completely take up valuable space to sell TFs when another toy line movie is coming out. It'll fluctuate and if it gets really bad, maybe they will pull a huge sale to clear out.

You've still got the Internet though. Best shopping mall ever :) 

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Welcome to Rhode Island!

And yes, not even Aaron Archer himself could find a MP Starscream here. Hell, we didn't even get Classics Devastator! How ****ed up is that?

As for you, the only place to find new Transformers figures is TARGET and the only place to find new G.I. Joes is ToysRus. All the other stores have nothing but crap!

Hope that helps! Happy hunting!

14. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Don't retailers want to have sale as good as te first movies? Then get those ugly fembots and humping robots off the shelves and give us some thing new already. Unlees, they don't want to.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Same damn thing where I live too! Wheelie, Chromia, FABs and all the other shelfwarmers cover the shelves and I can't get Wave 3! My pal Evan in Nanaimo already has Mudflap AND Skids. I want Ravage, but I can't even find him due to Wheelie being a shelfwarming little bastard!

16. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

Trust me, the OP is right. No matter how bad you think it is in your state, come to Rhode Island and you will see what we mean. We don't get a damn thing anymore - everyone else gets it first based on the shipping schedule and they get more quantity because they are much larger than us. Also I think we get subjected to a lot of lost opportunities because of our small size and proximity to other states (MA & parts of CT) that allow more people to "take a quick drive here or there". That's not a bad thing, people are free to buy what they want where they want, but it definitely affects the state of TF stuff here.

Same thing happens with old stuff too. Over the years, Everytime I have bought any big vintage lots or just a few guys its always the same stuff - 84 & 85, maybe some 86 movie stuff, and some micromasters & sometimes some good bases. All the other stuff, HMs, PMs, TMs, etc. is around but either goes out in groups of a few guys or in the really big collections. Very rarely do we see a lot of later issue stuff around (that isn't already in someone's collection or a collector selling their collection). I know a ton of the later stuff isn't really common anywhere but it is definitely more prevalent everywhere else.

- Mr. Ginrai

17. Tyrannosaur

I refuse to buy anything from my Toys R Us. I had to take back a Powerglide and get a new one because the plastic was cracked in the arms, paint apps were missing and every joint was loose as hell. It wasn't just Powerglide look at my little list of misfit toys:

1. Classics Sideswipe- Missing a foot
    2. RR Barricade- Broken inside package
    3. ROTF Starscream- Loose joints, missing paint apps on face.

I have had it. My Toys R Us is a shithole anyway. More than 3/4 of the place is baby products like cribs and clothes. This is Toys R Us not Babies R us!

Classics Devastator devastated me. I spent months looking for that damn thing. I blew my money off on an Xbox 360 game. The next day I went to Emerald Square Mall and the Toy Vault had it for $35.00! Sure it had no box but it was in mint condition! Fuck I'm so stupid!

Anyone who lives in RI have you been to the toy vault in (Well, what used to be...) the Rhode Island Mall? They have a bunch of vintage Transformers in there. Plenty of japanese exclusives too. They have Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. I love that place. I got $35 for trading in 5 of my loose armada figures, thats not a bad deal in my eyes.

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hate to break it to you, but the store has nothing to do with toy's quality. What gave you that idea?

19. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I live in rhode island and I don't have the same problems walmart next to BJs has the fallen and stuff we don't have it bad at all atleast the stores I go to.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Which Wal-Mart next to the BJ's? What does that have for Transformers?

Oh yeah, and we haven't even seen Leader Jetfire yet!