I Hate People

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

wouldn't stop the thives

2. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I hate people too

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that sucks man... i need that ravage, but don't really need that set, but i would never resort to opening it and removing what i needed then returning hit... if anything, i might buy it, open it and then sell the figures loose at my LCS... but even then i'm not sure if i'll do that or not...

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hasbro should just offer the form online or something. I've actually been considering getting one of these and returning it just to get the damned form (I won't, but still). I can't really blame someone for doing this.

I've bought all the other crap with the stickers, just give me the damned form Hasbro! I've bought enough without having to buy a crappy repaint set, thanks.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How much does the figure sell for in Canada? Seems less trouble.

6. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Yeah it's a pretty dirty trick to force honest people to buy two garbage repaints just to get a decent one.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Fixed.

I'm sure Hasbro intended this marketing campaign for kids, not man-childs :thumbs2: 

I didn't have either Cannon BB or Soundwave, so it worked out. It's worth it I think.

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well that sill doesn't change the fact that a person would've have to buy something they probably would not care for, in order to get something else.

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's a good marketing strategy, though. I'm certain not everyone hated the 2-pack or didn't care for it and they saw it as a great buy and an incentive to try and get the Ravage figure.

It is what it is. I think the mail away thing is a great idea.

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess we'll have to ask someone with a few complete build-a-figures how may action figures they bought that they didn't really want. :) 

Still, tough to justify buying repaints of two toys I didn't like in the first place just to get the means to get another repaint I'm mildly interested in. I'm with MMM for the idea of making the form/guide/whatever available more widely. I've already got the stickers equal to if I'd bought that set anyway.

11. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Sorry! My bad! That was me!

Sorry! That was me too. I really was jonesing for some pasta after I got my money back on that 2 pack, but I was off by 35 cents, so I just grabbed a handful of frozen ones, shoved them in my mouth. Heck of a brain freeze!

Oooops! Caught me again! I was hideously bad at Yu-Gi-Oh, and I just needed that one card from the bag. The magazine was terrible though!

Seriously though, I'm just kidding. It really gets me when people do that. Like the one return that someone posted in the not so cool stuff thread where they returned a Deluxe Brawn in a Voyager Bludgeon box. I mean, even if you don't like/want the two pack figures, just take the guide and give the figures to a friend!

What really burns too is that they only packed those guides in that two pack box. I mean really, I've bought nearly four times that much merchandise, including Mindwipe, etc, and you're telling me I've gotta get another Bumblebee mold? Soundwave's G1 redeco is very cool, but still, another Bumblebee? I mean, I could see if they were going to give us two combiner figures and then have us send away for a third. Gee, think they could have POSSIBLY done that with Arcee and Chromia with a send away for an Elita-1? But no, it's gotta be Graffiti Tag Ravage.

That's it, I'm sending Hasbro all my Robot Points and demanding my Reflector again.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Frankly, I was worried about this, but then I remembered that "Recon Ravage" was mass-released in Canada. I am wondering if it might actually be cheaper to just buy one from someone in Canada instead of getting the Two-pack. I mean, One would need to spend at least $45 ($40 for at least 4 deluxes, $5 for S/H for Ravage) to get the three stickers and the mission pamphlet plus sending it away to get the figure shipped from Hasbro, while there's no way in Hell that shipping a $12-something figure across the northern US/Canadian border can possibly have a $35 shipping price!

With that said, I still need a Cannon BB (I personaly like the not-split front car end chest) and a Movie Soundwave (the original deco doesn't do it for me, and the TRU nemesis set isn't worth it to get the G1 deco since I already have The Fallen and I hate all versions of Movie 1 Megatron), so I'll be getting the two-pack anyways.

13. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

If walmart gives you crap, at least there's a fair chance you can find it now for $6.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I wonder what Hasbro would do if I sent them a photocopied booklet with real stickers on it.

Probably tell me to piss off and throw it away.

15. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Toy swappers deserve to have their wallets stolen. Scalpers deserve to have their bank account info stolen and their accounts robbed.

16. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    *shakes head* That's low, damn low. I can't believe how bad toy swapping/thieving has become in recent years. Is it a relatively new thing? (I don't think it occured during the BW era...) but seeing examples in stores makes me wanna... :mad 

17. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I saw the "no copies accepted" on the original, but I can't say that the thought didn't cross my mind to go to my buddies copyshop and have him match it, but chances are he would have asked if I had anything better to do with my time. Not like I really need more than one of these damn things.

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Not sure if id say its a new thing, but the internet is much more used than it was then and with camera phones and digital cameras the evidence of there actions is more easily shown to the masses than it would have been in the BW era, and therefore better known and more discussed.

19. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Just to let everyone know I did return it and get another one with everything in it. And btw, I wasn't the one that picked the original one up, so I couldn't exactly inspect it

20. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's why I work with animals.