I Hate People

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Mar 9, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Like the title says, I hate people.

I picked up the N.E.S.T. Battlefield Bumblebee vs. Infiltration Soundwave recently. I opened it today and learned on the spot (never new about it before) about the Mission Guide sticker thing and thought it was pretty cool to get a new Ravage like that.

Problem: I found out that someone opened this to get the sticker guide out. I thought it was weird that it wasn't taped on both sides, and sure enough, the stickers and whatever else it was supposed to come with is not here.
    Upon further inspection, it looks as if whatever the person that had this before was after was taped to the packaging on the inside.

On the framework box that both Soundwave and Bumblebee are in, has, as clear as day, the results of ripping tape off. Under the left foot of Bumblebee and the right foot of Soundwave the package is peeled, so it looks like that guide is taped under them.

Some people are just pathetic.

IMG_0423.JPG

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Where did you get it from? Try to exchange it for an MISB one. They shouldn't be selling opened ones as brand new...

3. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'd take it back.When the 25th Joes were coming with Doc stickers.I found a target with 5 comic packs on the shelf,all missing the stickers.I took back the first one,the other 4 i had the customer service lady.

4. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Sorry, but I would definetly inspect one of these before I purchased one. I was looking at one the other day and I noticed the tape was pulled off and just hanging. Like bny said, try exchanging it.

5. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

I will exchange it. And people suck btw. I have to go to walmart anyways because the customer service lady is so stupid.

I returned something to walmart on Saturday and when I looked at my bank account, I got charged instead of receiving a credit. I got charged for RETURNING SOMETHING!!! The receipt said return on it and everything. What a joke.

6. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I was just grocery shopping the other day buying Bertoli pasta and discovered one package had been opened and stuffed back in the freezer. One of the workers was near by and I handed it to her and told her this was found open and she took it away.
    Not sure how it got opened or why it was put back.

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Honestly I have been waiting for a report of this to pop up, with the cheap ass Toy Swappers that are out there.

I knew one of them swiping the booklet and sticker was going to happen sooner or later.

its sucks but like the others said exchange it for a one thats MISB

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was it the only one they had? Next time examine things better before you buy :) 

Exchange it. There's a million of those sets in every stores.
    If you need some stickers I have a few extras

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Damn, if it was completely missing the booklet, they didn't even try. I wanted to keep mine as close to misb as possible, but don't really feel like buying a second set of this, so I cut the orderform out and slipped the booklet back in. Grant it I am keeping mine so maybe I care a little more, but I can't beleive these repack returns where people don't even try to make whatever they are returning look legit. Takes some balls.

It would suck for collectors if they went to a UPC mail in or something, but that may be the best route. The GI Joe stickers were a pain in the ass. I finally wrote Hasbro and they said that I could send in the UPCs and receipt instead with those. Made it a little easier since it was damn near impossible to find one that hadn't been messed with if it was sitting on the shelf for more than a day.

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember quite a few years back when a certain issue of Yu-Gi-Oh! was offering one of the god cards packed in with it. I went to B&N to pick one up only to find that every single one of the issues (and there were several of them) had the little pouch where the card was supposed to be torn open and gone. It sucks when people do stuff like this.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Exchange that mother for a complete set.

12. kmoua7

kmoua7 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just witnessed this same exact thing at Walmart tonight. It was the last one and on one side of the box the tape was gone and the booklet looked a little strange. Since the box was previously opened I opened it to check the contents and notice that the stickers and the mail away coupon or whatever was suppose to be there was ripped out. Needless to say I put it back on the shelf, probably should have reported it but then again I don't really like to interact with Walmart employees, they don't help much.

13. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I would inspect the figure before buying it I do

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yeah the form's just the back page, but they're probably swiping them out from the store so there's no returning involved.
    Thieves don't put things back very often lol

Customer service people usually don't care, they're just waiting to go on break.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sorry I stole your sticker.

16. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm honestly surprised that it's taken so long for someone to post about this, and surprised that I have yet to see it in person. I was expecting it to be rampant. Sad commentary on society and my cynicism about people, I suppose.

17. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    I'm not surprised... I've been throwing my NEST stickers out, putting them on my daughters nose, etc. I didn't think many people would be excited about a mail-away Ravage. It really sucks to buy that set and miss out though, if one were interested. :( 

The good news is that, as a bunch of people said, you can just exchange it easy enough. Those things are all over shelves.

EDIT: Maybe Hasbro should wrap that stuff up in a rats nest of super strong twist ties that take about an hour to unravel. :lol 

18. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many do you need for a rare ravage? And how would one get one of those?

19. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    ppl do this crap all the time, especially with the DCUC and used to with the Marvel Legends CnC and BAF parts. Hell, my store took back a 5 gallon paint bucket that had mostly water added back to it to make it feel full to the service desk ppls

20. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exchange it, man.