I Hate It When....

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Xformermike, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Xformermike

Xformermike Well-Known Member

There is WAY too much positive talk towards animated... If we're not careful we'll go right back to the shit animes that used to be on TV due to lack of fan critcism..... I hereby annouce that in order to protect future series development we should criticize animated so that if any execs are watching/reading; (yeah... right...:rolleyes: ) they will have some stuff to go off. Let's face it; Hasbro had it's fair share of crits for AEC, lets drop some down for Animated too in the name of keeping these shows not shitty!

My only gripes atm...

- Way too many one shot episodes that go no where and have nothing to do with the overall plot. Makes it feel too much like an old warner brothers cartoon... sure some one shots are ok, but please limit the use!

- Wreckgar, Ironhide, Blurr, the constructions, the dinobots.. It's so awesome they included them!! Too bad the Dinobots are completely stupid and I hate them... even dumber than the G1 dinos. Too bad the constructicons are very boring characters (IMO! Don't shoot me.)... Lastly... I HATE IT WHEN they introduce a character in one episode and than you never see him again... Wreckgar, Ironhide... ugh... also... why did Blurr have to turn out to be another asshole elite guard? And why the hell is Jazz in space with sentinal dickface and ultra blind idiot?

There we go. There's my crits, let's hear yours! And let's be clear here, this is not a bash animated thread.... well... it kinda is in a way... but it's more a "let's find something we don't like about animated, since there are so many things we DO like." thread

eh.. i dunno.. let's see how this goes, if anyone takes it the wrong way and gets all pissy and defensive well... just close the thread I guess!

2. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    I have to agree that as much as I like Animated there are way too many filler episodes and Im not exactly a fan of the creative teams reluctance to add a new member to the core team of Autobots.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked Blurr a lot. He was rad. I do agree that it's annoying having all these characters showing up and then getting rid of them straight away.

Also, WE GET IT. Bulkhead is clumsy, Ratchet is grumpy, Bumblebee needs to learn about teamwork. WE FRIGGIN' GET IT ALREADY.

Plus Sari is really lame. I think whoever came up with her has never met an 8 year old girl before in their life.

4. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    seriously....even though i HATE (and i mean HATE) g1 blurr...i liked animated blurr....just don't make him do stupid stuff like g1 blurr and all will be fine

seriously....it is sad (and awesome) that a thread like this needs to be made XD it just proves animated is awesome

5. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

Sari's the best buddy character we've had in a TF show, ever. I'm beginning to think YOU'VE never met an 8 year old, since when I babysit, that kid's always getting into trouble or playing a stupid game. Giving him a deus ex machina device would just make it worse. And she DOES make it worse.

6. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Several points here I'd have to agree with here.

I really think they go over the top with showing us the faults of the Autobot's like llamatron said. They don't need to keep reminding us. They could tone it down with the one shot episodes too.

I also thought it took WAY too long for Sari to learn her lesson about using the Key responsibly. Seriously, it took her like the whole first season. There was no need to drag it on for that long. She's gotten better but I have to say I prefer the Cybertron kids over her.

I can kinda understand introducing characters and then having them leave. They want to keep the cast small. But it would be nice if the new characters could stick around a little longer than an episode or two. It'd also be nice if they made the characters who were 'born' on Earth less naive. Yeah, sure, they're technically 'newborns' who don't know anything but it gets old fast.

I'm also not a fan of the human super villains that have been in the show. They're just too lame for my taste.

7. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I'd much rather it take a character a few months to learn how to use what amounts to the powers of a god rather than a few weeks. Come on now, do you honestly expect a little girl to only be irresponsible for a few days?

8. CH@OS!

CH@OS! Looking for my next job

I think animated get a lot of filler episodes (one shots) because of the story arcs, each season only has one story arc that is resolved by the end of the season, this works but leaves you with a lot of filler episodes.

AKA
    Season one: Megatron needs a body
    Season two: Megatron builds a space bridge

I think they should have two story arcs a season that way you don’t get as much filler and you get two big fights one in the middle of the season and one big one at the end.

As for Swindle, Burr and Wreck-gar they are voiced over by guest stars so if they are coming back they will be in another one shot episode and then disappear again. The studio doesn’t want to spend the entire budget of the cartoon paying for guest voices. The non guest star voiced characters will return and can become part of the main cast because they are cheaper voice actors.

So far the first two seasons are good not great but good and can only get better from here.

CH@OS!

9. swampflight

swampflight Banned

More Toys!!!

I like the idea that Generation 1 characters are being brought back to a new audience but I think if you are going to use those characters,include ALL of them.Instead of 3 Dinobots,why not all 5?Instead of 2 Constructicons why not all 6?I understand the character development aspect,plotlines,and introductions,its just that its seems to be stretching out too long and theres too many one-shots and if thats the case,why not make the figures,(Wreck-Gar,Blurr,etc.),now instead of drawing it out until another filler episode?This seems to have worked for the Star Wars franchise since every character on screen for 15 seconds has a figure of them,(I'm not knocking Star Wars to all the fans),so why not Transformers Animated?

10. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i do not like the one episode characters and the human villians and my biggest gripe of all...lugnut he is in my opinion the worst character on the show

11. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    I've been thinking about the problem with the stand alone episodes. Now, there are 13 epidoes in a season. I don't know if any of you watch it, but the new Doctor Who has 13 episodes per seaon. I think if we have three two parters per series with 7 stand alone, all of them with an arc towards the final two parter it would provide a more interesting show to watch. That way the single episode characters could be part of a two parter and people wouldn't feel as ripped of as if they had only appeared in one episode.

12. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I really think the 5 main autobots mostly PRIME need battle and alt mode upgrades....im tired of watching them get their ass kicked!

I like SAM way better than Sari... she is annoying!

the super villains are dumb... Just give us more decepticons and we wont need them!

Everyone seems to be annoyed of the 1 episode characters so WHY dont they have episodes following... UM SP & JAZZ and show what life is like on cybertron... Sure the 5 main characters will still be the focus but every once in a while have them be the guest appearences...

I am excited for HOT ROD!! he needs a major role...

13. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

What exactly did the G1 Blurr ever DO that was stupid? I can kinda understand it if you think the WAY he did stuff was stupid. But you said he DID stupid stuff. Like what?

I remember him doing normal Autobot stuff...was kinda annoying at times, but I had nothing against him. Maybe im a little partial cause' he was the first TF I ever got (back in 87'...I was 4) as a kid.

14. MGX

MGX Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too share this concern. Thank god Megatron finally decided to recruit the Constructicons, instead of letting them walk the earth.

I was hoping Jazz would have chosen to stay with Prime.

There are too many damn solo characters in TF Animated. Prime and Megatron need to go on a recruiting drive. Stop letting these wayward TFs wander the earth.

Starscream
    Blackarachnia
    Dinobots (Grimlock, Snarl, Swoop)
    Soundwave
    Wreck-Gar
    Swindle

15. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    five faces of darkness saga comes up to mind.....he made wheelie look good then

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    As a big fan of Animated, I actually have to agree with some of the points mentioned in this thread. The series does sorta run the risk of allowing itself to get comfortable with its formula but good TV doesn't remain formulaic - even good kids' TV.

Although I think the one-shot episodes should remain a regular staple of the show, I think it'd also be nice if the Autobots had some more regular backup. I could do with a convenient plot write-off that puts Bulkhead, Bumblebee and Prowl on Dinobot island for a few episodes and leaves Prime in command of, say, Blurr, Ratchet, the Constructicons and Wreckgar. Y'know, mix up Prime's command - put him outside of his comfort zone and have him adapt his teamwork strategies.

If the human villains DO stick around, it'd be nice if they actually amounted to something imposing, as opposed to just popping up, being silly and then going away. So far, the only one to do this was the Meltdown. (I wouldn't even categorize the Headmaster as a legitimate threat, mostly because the Autobots seem to have a pretty good handle on axing him every time he pops up.)

Finally, yeah...I agree with the general trend that there's an over-arching BIG BAD in the Decepticon story, especially with Megatron now supposedly "amassing his troops," but...what more do we know about that? We now have three regular space-faring Autobots - Ultra Magnus, Jazz and Sentinel Prime - that the writers could use to explore just who else is out there on the side of the Decepticons. (NOTE! That's not to say they should use those three characters as an excuse to turn this into G1 Season 3 - perish the thought, PLEASE - but it does open story doors.)

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuh...yeah. That's all I got.

17. Sparky Prime

When as a result of using the key almost results in getting her killed on a couple of occasions? Yeah, no, I'd expect that'd be a powerful motivation to learn quickly.

18. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

On the other hand, she using her key also resulted in saving the life of her friends. Also, her key also saved her own life too. It's a mix-mix. Powering up little airplanes = harmless. Powering up a robot music machine designed by evil Megatron = bad, but nobody could have known it. Powering up a toilet = good, because she could escape her captor. Powering up Optimus Prime = good, because he came back to life. Powering up Bumblebees stinger = actually good, because he needed the extra power to overcome the fire-breath of the (back then mindless) Dinobots. It was outside forces that made the power of the Allspark Key bad. Like, Megatron, or Black Arachnia. And that's hardly her fault.

19. Sparky Prime

I think the point is more, using it carelessly = bad, using it when she really need to = good.

20. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I am quite familiar with those episodes, but you didnt answer my question...HOW did he make wheelie look bad? What did the G1 Blurr DO to make him appear foolish? Not just "he talked fast and it was annoying", but his actions....

Sorry for going off topic guys...