I hate insurance. I hate new jersey drivers.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meetoblivion, Jun 10, 2007.

1. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    So I live in New Jersey, that's known for horrible insurance prices. When I moved from the north to the south, my insurance dropped, about $100. I figured "ok, pretty good." Today I get my auto renewal notice from geico, my outstanding bill is $450 more than it was in January! geez. i figure it's because some woman slammed into the back of me back in november, and she didn't have insurance.

dammit.

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Geico is great until you actually need to use your insurance. Stick with someone like Allstate...it's cheaper in the long run.

3. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I have New Jersey Manufactuers. They are the best. I get a rebate at the end of every year that I don't get a a ticket or at fault accident, and my rates didn't go up when I got hit by a crazy woman in an SUV last may in a walmart parking lot! They actually went down. I am 29 drive a z28 with full coverage and my total bill for this year was $800. NJM is hard to get though.

4. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I live in NY but work in NJ. I'm with you on hating NJ drivers. I seriously find myself wishing for lasers & missile launchers at times.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

NY Drivers are just a bit worse than NJ drivers.

I have New Jersey Manufactuers as well, and they really are the best insurance co. in the state.

Sucks that we have the highest insurance rates in the country tho.

6. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Geico will also call the police and tell them you're without insurance when you switch, supposedly.

7. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    People around here think traffic laws are for someone else. Seriously.

8. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Geico is the highest company I ever priced. When I lived in MD, I checked with them. The person on the phone says something like "We can get you a policy for $250." I think that sounds good for 6 months, I was paying about $400 for 6 months with the company I had. So, I ask what that'd be a month, and am promptly told that is per month. I proceeded to tell them I only pay about $400 every six, and I'm asked with a very snotty attitude, "well, just who do have insurance with now?" After saying USAA, I'm told that they can't help me and get hung up on. I don't think very much of Geico or their stupid lizard after that.

9. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    When I bought my car ~ 2 years ago, they were the cheapest. My family had state farm at the time, and when I called them about buying the car all the agent said to me was "no no no this won't work at all. nope. can't do it." so i said bye. checked the price on geico and with somewhere else (forget where now..) and geico was very cheap for me at the time ($970-ish for 6 months). Since then my price has dropped to $750.

looks like tomorrow's going to be a very annoying day.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i had Farmers for the last 5 years...i was stupid and didnt look into getting someone else...i played way more than i should. Started off $300/month

then it got dropped to $250/month, dont know why....then the monthly gets dropped $100 when i turned 25...then i got into a accident...they raise it up $50....so now its $200/month

i was planning to change to someone else at that time anyways (cause my car was getting fully payed off)...so i checked around....

Progressive was the cheapest....for the same coverage (told them i was in a accident too), it was $120 cheaper....

did a Farmers quote too which was $75 cheaper...

so i ended up going with Progressive and adding more to the policy (which didn't raise the monthly by much)...

but yeah, sucks having to give them all that money, then when you do get into a accident, they raise the price....if i saved all that money that i gave them, i could of payed for my car repair, the other person's touch-up, and still have money left.

11. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Be careful with Progressive Insurance, I think Geico might do this too but not sure. But when they quote you insurance online, they do not take your credit into account. After you start your policy with them they will run your credit check and if its worse than what was quoted, they will raise your premium to what it should have been in the first place. So if they quote you $300 for 6 months, you sign up, maybe a few weeks later they will change your premium to $400 for 6 months.

And reason for NJ being high with insurance is to high auto theft rate.

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    At least you have good gas prices in Jersey.

13. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

It's the same thing here in Florida. Turn signals, red lights, stop signs. No one uses them except me. I was almost hit by a cop who ran a stop sign recently. I start to go after coming to a complete stop and he just didn't bother to stop. God forbid you slow down to turn off somewhere. You risk being rammed in the ass by rtards who can't bother to slow down or if you're in the other lane you risk getting sideswiped or hit because they weave into the other lane when someone's trying to turn off. I seriously wish I could beat some driving skills into the people around here.

14. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Not for much longer. I'm paying $40 for a full tank these days. (Granted, I use Super)