I hate ignorant people like this...........

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Hybrid Prime, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

2. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I emailed her about a selaed Slag and Sludge because they appeared to be the KO versions and she told me that her husband died like 5 years and his parents had these in the attic , but then i see she had a bunch of figures in reprobox and also toys that came out only a few years ago lol... She/HE ended the auctions the next day and they still had 6 days to go lol

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, this seller had already been cited for selling the bootleg KOs. I reported 'her' on those ones (the dinobots). I got a response that was not truthful too. These sellers need to realize in each case that they're not the first ones to use the 'these aren't mine and I know nothing about them except that they are authentic and vintage' angle.

4. FuRiOus_StyLZe

FuRiOus_StyLZe Hasbro can suck my nuts..

that's freaking hilarious...somebody needs to tell her what MISB means too. LMAO

5. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn her shit is expensive!

6. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Report her to eBay. Not like they care, but still, it's good for your conscience right?

7. Hybrid Prime

Hybrid Prime Banned

It is not the conscience thing that bothers me it is the I'm right your wrong attitude when you know for 100% sure you are right and they still try to swear you are full of shit.I want to invent a machine were you can push a button and stab people in the face over the net lol.If they were all complete it would not be too bad a deal compared to what I've seen wst Soundwave go for in the past.But this chick even emailed me after I hid my email address and told me I was a dumb shit and needed to keep my nose out of peoples buisness when I was just trying to be helpful and agree with the other guy.

8. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Any one who knows about collecting Transformers will never pay the prices she is asking for so let her continue trying to sell them. She'll eventually get the hint.

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah but someone new to collecting or a parent or spouse of a collector could come along and buy them thinking they just bought vintage figures for there loved one and then find out they were scamed.. I say the same thing about people selling KO's on ebay as vintage when i see somone say " why bother? if you are a collector then you know it's fake so you just dont buy it " Everyone seems to forget the New guys getting into collecting and family members looking to buy a special gift for there family member that collects. They are probably the ones that get scamed the most on ebay..

I had emailed this person as well and even gave them links to pages that list there release dates to proove to them they are not vintage and they still refuse to believe.

10. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Yeah, they will be vintage.....in 15 years or so.

Seriously, what did they say?

11. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They haven't replied to me yet . I sent then info proving the stuff only came out in recent years and was not vintage. So they must not be happy about being proven wrong lol.

This is what THEY posted on the auction page.

Someone sent them this question

Q: Hi, None of these figures are from the 80's.The first 2 figures in the pick are bumblebee and spike from the 2004 Heroes of Cybertron line.The other 3 are worlds smallest transformers by takara released in 2003 all of them are missing parts.The whole lot is worth about $10.00 Sorry to be a bladder buster.

And this was there answer to that lol

A: I am sorry but you are very mistaken on this as bumblebee leg has the year 1982,1984 takara on thier legs. Also these were my husbands toys from when he was a child and he has been in a better place for the last 5 years and its impossible that these were purchased as he spent the last 2 years of his life thru chemo and in the hospital. I have also check these out at 3 local comic book stores and each have offered me at least half of what toys review lists them for and that they are in fact from the 80's not the 2000's. I hope this helps answer some questions concerning these individual toys as I assure you they are in fact not the current fake toys out there. Thank you

12. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Man, talk about delusional.

13. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

Pretty sad really. When they finally realize that no one's going to buy the crap for the exorbitant prices, they'll give up. They're obviously lying and trying to scam some poor fool. I seriously doubt her husband is dead(or if he is, he's rolling in his grave), they went to a comics store, or any of that. The only one that might be real is the Bumblebee, but that's probably not true either. It's like the lady who was trying to sell her dead husband's original MIB/MISB G1 collection for a million dollars lol. What did she end up selling it for? 50K? Ah well, if someone does get ripped off, I would hope they have the sense to alert E-bay to erroneous things like this, and the seller either gets banned, or has to make restitution, and/or gets a lot of fat negatives that makes sure they never get any sales again. What I really hate are the auctions where you think you're going to get a sweet deal, and then the seller pulls the auction a day before it ends because they're not going to get what they want....and then they put it back up one mf'ing day later!!!! I've gone off on a few sellers for this bullshit practice. This is why I think I'm going to go through Junkion Exchange for most of my stuff from now on lol.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

She's probably drowning in ebay fees. Those 'Buy it Now's add up fast

15. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also asked a question, and recieved a response:

Dear collectiblestuff123,

Just a follow up on the first question:
    The Bumblebee might be vintage, but Spike is a recent "unofficial" toy, Soundwave and Optimus Prime are "World's Smallest Transformers" toys, which were, in fact, made in the past few years, and the Heroes of Cybertron Bumblebee was also made well after the '80s.

- risingdragon11

Response:

hello, I am a friend of her late husbands and I can vouch that there are in fact bbefore the smallest and hoc's were released. I was there when the husband purchased these while we were working at Toys R Us back in the middle half of the 80s. These were released according with the Tv series. I can personally say that some people even though they have been collecting for years such as myself and her husband new things are learned everyday. Even though you are correct on the HOC line there is a distinct differnece in the figures. You will need to look closely at the markings on some of these just to verify they are originals like the dinobots, some autobot cars, etc.. If you want to send me your number I will be more than happy to explain some things about the toys as I have been a collector for several years now and have emassed a collection beyond mosts dreams. About 1000+ with none being removed from the box starting with diaclones(released before the G1's) until the present day. We can speak in person and perhaps you can tell me of some I do not know exist. thank you

16. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

She said her husband was 'in a better place'. I think he just moved out.

17. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    what an idiot.

18. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also sent a response:
    Dear collectiblestuff123,

Hi Collectible,
    The previous comment was indeed correct, I've been a Transformers collector for over 24 years. The items you have were created in 2003. I'm not saying they are bootlegs or anything, but they are not Vintage 1984 G1 figures. Bumblebee & Spike were part of the Autobot Espionage Team in wave 4 of the 2003 US Heroes of Cybertron line. Autobot Jazz, Perceptor, Dirge, Wheeljack & Overload were in the same wave, & each one included a part to build a HOC Fortress Maximus. The Optimus Prime (Anime Convoy, GTF-01A), Soundwave(GTF-05) and Bumblebee(Bumble, GTF-04)were common figures in Takara's 2003 World Smallest Transformers, Wave 1. These were only available as imports from Japan, and included Lambor(Sideswipe), Starscream, Chase figure Skywarp, Chase figure Red Bumble(Cliffjumper), & Convoy's(Optimus Prime) Trailer. I'm sorry to hear about your husband, but if he told you these were authentic 1984 G1 figures, he was mistaken.

The response I received was exactly the same one Optimus 747 received:
    hello, I am a friend of her late husbands and I can vouch that there are in fact bbefore the smallest and hoc's were released. I was there when the husband purchased these while we were working at Toys R Us back in the middle half of the 80s. These were released according with the Tv series. I can personally say that some people even though they have been collecting for years such as myself and her husband new things are learned everyday. Even though you are correct on the HOC line there is a distinct differnece in the figures. You will need to look closely at the markings on some of these just to verify they are originals like the dinobots, some autobot cars, etc.. If you want to send me your number I will be more than happy to explain some things about the toys as I have been a collector for several years now and have emassed a collection beyond mosts dreams. About 1000+ with none being removed from the box starting with diaclones(released before the G1's) until the present day. We can speak in person and perhaps you can tell me of some I do not know exist. thank you

19. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I sent a second reply:

The thing is, I have all 5 of those figures in my personal collection, a collection totaling over 1000 TF figures. The bumblebee figure from HOC is made from Clear blue soft PVC plastic(as shown by the listing picture, the figure is shown backwards) This plastic is painted to create "light piping", so when light shines behind the figure, the eyes seem to "glow" with "life". The mold was 1st used in a 2001 Takara line called Super Collection, Act 3, but the Bumblebee in that line didn't use the light piping feature. Light piping in TF toys weren't used until 1992 in europe, & the early 90's in the US.
    As for the WST figures, They're stamped with T'03C. They've never been released in retail stores in the US, only import shops & online retailers.
    One last thing makes the listing a little fishy. They are described "Without Box" but the listing also states "MISB". You say you've been a collector for several years, so you'd know that means Mint in Sealed Box. Tough to be MISB w/o the box.

This was the next response:
    first off this is a woman listing these auctions and secondly she knows nothing about these toys only what is right in front of her face. Third I am a bigger collector as if you would have been to the Botcons you would notice a gentleman who had several old G1's boxed and sealed at his 6 tables only none of the extra bull reissues, fake Transformers. Perhaps we should haVE MET, but catch you at the next one.. keep an eye out for him Maybe in Cali. this yeaR huh?

20. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here was my final response, but I have not yet gotten a reply...yeah ignorance sucks

Responses in Parenthesis

first off this is a woman listing these auctions( I'm not saying anything about who she is. I know plenty of Female collectors)

and secondly she knows nothing about these toys only what is right in front of her face(which is why I am trying to help her, letting her know what she really has so she can put up true facts in her listing & not be misleading).

Third I am a bigger collector as if you would have been to the Botcons(I've been to a couple of TF conventions, sadly I was only able to get to the OTFCC's in Chicago(the same year the WSTf's were first created & HOC's were given as convention exclusives))

you would notice a gentleman who had several old G1's boxed and sealed at his 6 tables only none of the extra bull reissues, fake Transformers( Again, I'm not saying this listing has any FAKE TF's, they just aren't from 1984. They ARE genuine TF products from 2003).

Perhaps we should haVE MET, but catch you at the next one.. keep an eye out for him Maybe in Cali. this yeaR huh?(It'd be fun but Cali just isn't in my budget, otherwise I'd go to more SDCC's)

(I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just don't want ANYONE getting screwed: I don't wan't buyer's thinking they are getting something they aren't. I don't want the seller to have to deal with any Ebay or refund issues from upset buyers.)