I hate EBAY!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Ghost Prime, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ok i have been selling LOADS of TFs over the years on ebay but afew months ago i came across this idiot 'John-David Henshaw' who i sold an RiD Cryotek to. Now the figure was MINT but loose yet 2 days after i sold it i got aload of crap from the guy! he said the chrome was damaged when i know for a fact it WASNT! the thing went to paypal dispute and even tho i showed paypal 20 IMAGES of the figure before it was sold they still sided on this idiot and gave him the money back from my account

this made it so i OWED paypal money which cost me alot! i got the figure back and out of spite the bastard scratched ALL THE CHROME and STOLE the missile!

i figured this was just a bad egg but today i get ebay member dengen04 saying he was opening a dispute against me because he HASNT got his item yet. HE WON THE ITEM 4 DAYS AGO! we had a BANK HOLIDAY on friday till monday which ment no post offices were open. I emailed him saying this! yet hes opened a dispute against me for no item being sent after 4 days!? WTF!

ive told ebay AND paypal about this yet its turning into another dispute!? seriously wtf! im really starting to hate ebay if this is the type of stupid bastards we get using it now. Is there another place we can use instead of ebay? im sick of dealing with idiots that much

2. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    YEa there are super retarted situations. You never know who youre dealing with. That guy probably kept your Cryotek and sent you back his shitty scratched one that he had before. Kinda how people returned premium figures in place of the normal ones. Its really unfortunate that their service is so shitty. And to the second asshole. Disputes are tipicaly meant to be opened two weeks after the auction ends. I've been through this BS a lot and I'm sorry you have to go through it.

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This is why I refuse to sell on ebay

4. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

yeah but what else am i ment to use DoubleClouder?
    seriously im pissed off BIG TIME! we had a BANK HOLIDAY FFS! everyone in the UK KNOWS it was a bank holiday and the post offices were closed yet this arsehole gets me into a dispute after 4 days! what the hell!?

thing is ive phoned paypal 5 times on the 2 matters now and all i get is some bloody Pakistani who cant speak a lick of English and when i ask for an English person all i get is 'Hello Mate my Name is Steve' in the worst Pakistani accent i have EVER HEARD! i ask and ask and ask for an English speaing person because 1) I cant understand a word these people say 2) There English is just awful 3) They cant speak English and just try to read words written out for them! i asked 22 TIMES for details on the situation and i explained to them its a BANK HOLIDAY yet all i get is ' Oh mate you need to check the paypal overview my friend yes mate good old man united football club'..........and im just like WTF!? what the hell are you talking about!?

Is Paypal actually an Asian owned comany? i have always belived its an English/USA made/Owned company but everytime ive EVER called up Paypal i just get a Pakistani who cant speak english to save their lives. They DONT seem to want to help me no matter how much info i give them and im furious about the Cryotek issue, i send them over 20 images of the figure yet they favour the guy who just SAYS it was damaged? he sends me a junker back and i CANT make a dispute against that bastard!? WHA!?

now this guy acts like an arsehole and is opening a dispute against me after 4 DAYS!? and no one at paypal or ebay says ....'hmmm this guy needs to learn to wait more than 4 days and MAYBE contact the seller afew times' but NO! instead i get into yet another dispute with some stupid bastard whos more than likely gona try and screw me over like that last guy.

honestly im fed up of ebay and im sick to my stomach of paypal. we must have a better option dont we?

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Odd, every time I've phoned Paypal it's gone to Canada.

6. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

count yourself lucky then! i would LOVE to talk to someone on paypal who SPEAKS ENGLISH rather than just pretending and also someone who MIGHT actually help me

7. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Ebay does suck!!! I had my horror story with an asshole on there and ebay sided with them. I got suspended off ebay and everytime I make a new account I get suspended even though the horror story happened about 2 years ago or more. They tell me I have to contact the asshole that wouldnt answer any of my emails why he wasnt combining shipping on the 3 or so items I bought off of him and he clearly stated in the auction "will combine shipping on auctions 2 or more", and ask him to lift the unpaid item dispute and pay for the fees he had to pay ebay to list the items. If i had a problem with the guy in the first place, why would he listen to me now??? Ebay is a scam just like all the banks that dicked people over with the subprime mortgages and all. Run by crooks, to benefit these crooks. Just my 2 cents.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Same here, haven't sold anything there for around 7 years. If I wanna sell something I just go to the boards, dealing with the TF community is MUCH more pleasant than some @$$hole on Ebay.

9. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Regarding the item not received dispute, did you put tracking or delivery confirmation on your package, as required by Paypal? If so, the problem will clear up when you can show the package arrives - the dispute, will close and you'll get your money.

10. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

for the cryotek i showed paypal the recpite yeah...still f**ked me over in favour of the bastard who ruined cryotek. when i TRIED to tell paypal about this they just DIDNT CARE!? WTF!

so my cryotek gets ruined AND im $60 out of pocket while some sad fat f**k is laughing his head off at me! and the people who are MENT to help us just refuse to help at all? its like the police siding with a peadophile or a rape-ist!

i got an email from the guy who i sent the recent item to (ghost g1 starscream) and hes STILL being a wanker about the matter even tho i KNOW the item would have arrived yesterday and the bloody dispute is STILL open!?

11. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think comparing eBay siding with a buyer to the police siding with a paedo is overanalysing somewhat.

Also, as an above poster said, did you send it via Recorded or Special? It's what I do with everything on eBay now, otherwise they can just claim it was "lost in the post".

12. Red leader

Red leader Nom Nom Nom

News Credits:
    They dont give a toss mate, heres a horror story for you.

2 years ago I won a Grand Max, G1 Megs and Rubber Tyre Metroplex for a grand total of about £700 I paid the guy and waited..............and waited...............and waited, then after about 14 days I noticed he was selling them again under another ID and after checking his feedback saw he had left feedback for himself obviously after shilling himself out of a sale, to cut a long story short I presented all the evidence to ebay and paypal who got me a grand total of £150 back, they suck and there's nothing anyone can do about it apart from not sell there, there are other places like Ebid etc, check out Power Sellers Unite - Online Auction Industry Discussion Forum and Ecommerce Store web hosting for a good list of alternatives :) 

Good luck in the dispute mate.

13. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    there is ebosa.com and the junkion exchange here, ebosa.com of course gets less traffic then ebay

14. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

Yo if he lives near me I can go twat him for ya?

J/K

Hop they pull their heads out of the sand and give you some help here. I live in constant fear of getting bumraped by a devious buyer. Thought I was boned when a Mexican guy bought a Stormtrooper helmet I was selling (full size). Turned out ok tho.

15. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    ebay is really sucking lately, that is why you MUST protect yourself when you sell OR buy, never sell items without insurance, otherwise the buyer can tell it got lost and open a dispute because you do not offered insurance, and on the other side NEVER buy anything without insurance, because your item may get lost(or never shipped) and you are fried! and oh yes let me tell you, people like this bastard who got his money back after he ruined the toy know how to get things work for them to be favored they are used to this they are scammers, so if you are a honest seller or buyer, no chance for you!

always offer/or choose in case you buy, priority mail or express mail for all transactions, and be more selective with your buying or selling market I usually buy or sell only to people with high qualifications and 100% positive, this usually tells you if someone is serious or not, however there is always a chance to be scammed and that is a risk you must take. But you are totally true ebay SUCKS, besides the abusive fees, but if you want to sell fast where else do you go??

16. Delphan Rane

Delphan Rane TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Like a few have mentioned, I am also in constant fear of selling to bad users on ebay. Has anyone tried out ebid.net?

17. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    SIgh...I can fully understand your plight. I was once scammed almost a year back. You got a Pakistani while I got some weird China lady who cant speak English. Never felt so angry and powerless at the same time. I heard that there's this webby that can help you contact the head honchos at ebay if all else fails. Saw it somewhere in this board. Not sure if it's genuine though.

18. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

ebay and paypal were on watchdog once (a uk program to help people) and they both pretty much said they dont care and how are they ment to traffic everything.........could start by hiring ENGLISH speaking people maybe?..

19. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Just goes to show that they are ASSHOLES! I despise using them but maybe forced to, to sell some of my items. You get more attention to your item that you are selling than any other bidding site or even here on junkion exchange.

20. skywarprime

skywarprime DHARMA