I hate dreams.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I hate them. How do I stop them from happening, aside from drinking? I dont do drugs. ...drugs are bad mmmmkay.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, I've had sleep with dreams, and sleep without dreams. Dreams allow the mind to rest and to regenerate. Go a few nights with no sleep, and you'll get the same feeling as if you truly hadn't. I've done it, it is maddening and exhausting.

When you dream consistently of nightmares, or negative dreams, it usually is a reflection of how you feel during the day either consciously or subconsciously.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I think you nailed it, now where did I put my boxcutter?...but thers bars out here for miles...

4. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Dude, come on. How could you say you hate dreams? At least that means you're well rested if you have them. Plus you know, they're fun.

Think about some hot broad before you go to sleep for better results. Or flying around like some X-Man.

And dude, before you have everyone making fun of you for making a topic like this, think about what you're saying. Would you give up the ability to dream simply because you've had nightmares? This world is comprised of complex dualities, good and evil, beautiful and ugly, love and hate, etc. If you'd had never experienced a bad dream, would you appreciate a good dream? Stretching further, would you give up the ability to taste because some food tastes like shit to you? No, you remember those bad tastes as you appreciate something that appeals to your palate. There is no good without bad.

Prolly sounds like I am stoned or something, aha....

5. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    No, you don't sound stoned. I've read some of D_C's drunk posts, and some posts that read like a stoned person's. What is frustrating for people like eyeballkid and I is when you CONSISTENTLY have bad dreams night in, night out, or when you're dreams have lost any sort of cohesiveness to them as they used to have at one point. Persistenly bad, negative, and even outright nightmarish dreams can lead to depression, and potentially even suicidal thoughts or worse.

What MANY doctors realize, yet do it anyway, is prescribe anti-depressant type drugs or drugs with similar side effects to patients without knowing their full history or even when they do. There is a scary number of drugs out on the market that have in their "pamphlets" the possible side of effects of "depression, anxiety or anxiousness, tiredness, forgetfulness, clumsiness, etc." A lot of these side effects impact peoples daily lives alone with no real research or studies to indicate just what these drugs do to an unconscious mind. What your mind does during sleep is highly unknown, yet most who actively dream can notice that certain dreams or dream patterns can affect them for the rest of the day.

When you factor in the possibility of external. illicit, drugs and alcohol there is a possibility of serious implications.

[COMMENT EDITED AND REMOVED BY AUTHOR]

I've been around suicidal people, and it is depressing and painful to watch them starve themselves to death. If you truly are that bad off, please feel free to PM some of us here (Myself, Superquad7 who's done some counseling, and whoever is willing to listen). We are MORE then willing to help you out.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

You should sleep with the tinfoil hat on. The CIA and MLB are reading your mind.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    stop sleeping.

8. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

go to sleep with headphones on..........distracting, maybe enough to confuse your brain into not dreaming, or at least steer your dreams in a good direction through music choice

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    shove carrot sticks in your ears and nose before going to sleep.

or

take up smoking.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh, those doctors. They're such idiots. It's a good thing people have the internets--and especially WebMD--to figure out what so many doctors are doing wrong. And without the internets, you couldn't give out your own medical advice, which is certainly superior to some guy who just went to school for a decade and does it for a living.

Health care providers are well aware that many treatments have side effects. They weigh the impact of those effects against the potential benefit of the treatment, and attempt to accomplish a net gain for their patient. While sometimes they fail, it's not because they're just doing whatever they want, it's because medicine is extraordinarily difficult and doctors are ultimately only human.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Okay, first off:

-Doctors ask a series of questions about your past and current health before offering you ANY type of medicine.
    -They have a chart of your records on hand to catch anything you might have missed during a meeting with them.
    -The side effects you're listing are often the result of seeing, maybe, 1-3% of a sample group (tested with the medicine) undergo depression, anxiety, etc. In other words, a bulk of the population will not respond to this medication with adverse affects. Few might. If you think you're one of the few, why not make a point of it to the doctorinstead of just blindly taking medicine? You can refuse medication.
    -It's perfectly rational to look at a certain medicine's pamphlet BEFORE taking it, while you're still in the hospital. My father's had people refuse to take drugs before based on a pamphlet, and he's helped them try and find an alternative, even if he seriously suggests X drug, because it'll help them more than Y drug.

Maybe it's early in the morning or maybe I'm just being sour, but I think this is in terribly poor taste, even for a joke.

12. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I hate spam. I hate it more when people post it.

13. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    drink milk before bedtime.

and wash your feet before going into bed.

14. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

If you don't dream, you're not getting REM sleep. If you're not getting REM sleep, you go crazy. End of story.

15. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I know how bad nightmares can be. All of us have had them and some more than others. I have them on a regular basis my self and some bad enough where I don't want to go back to sleep. It really sucks when you wake up from one just to fall back to sleep and start up where you left off. To help my self prevent nightmares I tell my self stories at night. I try to get my mind on something I enjoy and that seems to work most of the time. It may sound odd, but use your imagination. Get you mind in a comfortible place before falling to sleep. Also, try to get yourself relaxed before laying down for the night. Going to bed stressed always equalls a bad night for me. Try to find a way to wind down.

16. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

:spam  :spam  :spam 

and many of the suggested remedies in this thread are quite interesting.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    If you're constantly having nightmares, it's probably because you have personal problems that need to be addressed. Get therapy.

I myself love having dreams, even nightmares. They are all a wild ride.

P.S. ALCOHOL IS A DRUG.

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    For the most part I love dreams.

One of the most crazy feelings is when I deam somthing terrible and wake up thinking somthing bad happened, but I can't put your finger on it.

2-3 minuets pass untill I have figured out that everything is ok.

19. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    QFT!

Last time I checked WebMD, I was scheduled to die from some form of cancer. Thankfully, I check with a real live doctor (with a degree and everything) and the internets was wrong... go figure.

And if you read all of the side effects of ANY medication, you would be hesitant to take it. Risk/benefit thing here. Read the CPS (Compendium of Pharmaceutical Sciences) book if you really want to scare the shit out of yourself with side effects. At the very least, it will help you fall asleep.

20. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

This would explain about 90% of his posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.