I hate AirRaid users

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Soundwave4win, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Why do I hate them? well in nearly every match i've played with them they range from two opposite spectrums.
    ranging from 1-10

1. an unskilled player that tries to do something they're incapabale of doing.(AirRaid using a Rocket launcher as their main damage output, dying after 25 minutes of soloing, having plenty of points to buy more overshields but you're afraid to take on a titan behind cover, glitching outside a map because you're afraid of shotgunners)

10. an overzealous player that can play airraid but refuses to help the team (lone wolf)

when I play with rank 1 AirRaids I want to turn my mic back on and tell them that they should go stick their head in the ground because they're not helping anyone.

when I play with rank 10 AirRaid players I want to contact them and tell them how much of a jerk their being to the team.

AirRaid. Like Broken Hope is now on my list of "If I see you when I join i'm quitting"

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol, broken hope is still fun as long as there are no bridge lovers, playing as a team is more fun than hiding, never have hidden up there, never will

3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That bridge hiding sometimes makes the difference of whether you are getting to the next round or not later on.

4. kensou

kensou Well-Known Member

If I see you when I join i'm quitting

well, agreed

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see what your saying. And anyone else notice the majority of Air Raid players are little kids? I swear they always pick the characters that don't require any effort to play as. And on that note, they seriously can't buy the DLC? I've had like 10 kids ask me to veto the new maps.

Went off topic there, but oh well.

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

So, Air Raid players are either:

A, bad players who TRY to help,

B, Good players who won't help.

Yeah, that pretty accurately sums up Air Raid users. I can see why they'd choose him though, He's a cloaking jet. But honestly, yeah, there ARE alot of morons who use him.

7. billcosby

billcosby Geewin

News Credits:
    So, if Air Raid = hate, which users do you love?

8. Blitzving

Blitzving Has issues...

I think this translates to "I hate people who pick Air Raid because they pick him before I can"

...isn't it

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    HEY HEY HEY!!

I so happen to be an Air Raid user. And I've never done any of those things to anyone. Anyone on here who has played with me can vouch that I do my part.

:p 

10. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I have a feeling this is truth wrapped in snarky truth. :) 

11. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Isn't this perfectly in character for Air Raid, though? :D 

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Don't worry, I'm sure they hate you too :wink: 

13. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I only use the air raid mold to make Cosmos in multiplayer.

14. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Whether they like it or not, cloakers are the de facto healers of the team. If they're not reviving people under reasonable circumstances, they're useless. On later levels you NEED the additional firepower. Escalation is not meant to be played so that a level takes 3 hours because a single Air Raid is covertly taking enemies out one con at a time. I usually quit games when it turns into that, unless that Air Raid has proven himself to *not* be a lone wolf.

And for that same reason, if you're loaded with points and you're not buying your team weapons and health on later levels, you are useless. I've made it through extra Decepticon levels *because* I had re-armed my team. YOU NEED THE FIREPOWER. The game would have ended otherwise. Yes, I understand not buying the guy who dies every single level everything he asks for, but it's easy to see who is and who isn't helping the team, and making sure that they're taken care of.

In my experience, I'm not fond of Air Raid users for the reasons stated by the TC. I'm also leary of people who pick cloakers for the same reasons. I do very much like being proven wrong on the battlefield.

And I really wish they'd fix it so you can't get outside the map. The player should instantly explode.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol. I think your sig sums it up.

High Moon Studios made a team based game. If you aren't going to play as a team, any character has the potential to be how you described Air Raid, sure some characters are better than some, but you aren't going to get far without your team's support, unless you are freakin' Primus or Unicron or both rolled up into one.

16. OMEGA_ONE

OMEGA_ONE Well-Known Member

^Yup

I guarantee you that any time I play as Air Raid I'm a great addition to the team. Being able to fly and cloak is key for helping out downed teammates and getting to the weapons you want quickly.

Side note: I've noticed how this section of the forum has more or less turned into a place for people to complain about different aspects of the game rather than recruit new players LOL (myself included, see my matchmaking thread) but seriously every game is going to have lame players, that cannot be helped. Consider it a reason to hone your own skills to make up for their shortcomings.

17. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I love playing as Air Raid :)  for the first 6-10 Waves I lone wolf, and then after that I become a team player.

18. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Well then I hate you. :mad 

19. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

not even close. I'm a leader class user. on autobots i'll choose either one of the primes or jazz. if they're all taken I play as Ratchet
    Decepticons I play as either Soundwave,Megatron,Shockwave or onslaught

Edit: @kensou/iwasherenotyou: Feeling is mutual ;D

20. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I avoid choosing the cloakers, and don't usually choose a flyer.

My favorites are Soundwave/Ratchet, Jazz, Bumblebee, Barricade and Megatron. Although I'm really liking Zeta Prime. He's the ultimate support character.

I still for the life of me can't make effective use of Onslaught/Scattorshot's special.