I had ROTF Starscream and Optimus in my hands...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Viper08, May 4, 2009.

1. Viper08

Viper08 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And when I when to pay at the Walmart the lady told me "uh oh, it's been recalled" :crazy: , i told her they were release last night; how could they be recalled (fully knowing that what was happening was that someone put them out way too early before the street date) and she told me that she "knew" there was something dangerous inside and that was why it was being recalled :rolleyes2  :lol . So I asked for a manager, she gave me the same spill and told her that it's not my fault that you guys have a full shelf of these toys when you weren't suppossed to (there were at least 5 or 6 of each of the 4 figures in the shelves), asked for a different manager and they told me they were sorry that they couldn't overrride it :mad  :banghead:  and proceeded to remove EVERY ROTF from the shelf.
    I'm not upset with the employees or walmart, they were doing their job, but I was so close to having them :( 

Sorry guys, but just had to vent a little steam.

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    That's rough man. I know that my Dad hates Walmart for various reasons. Hope you still get those two!

3. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

This is why I endorse shoplifting. :) 

4. rampage scream

rampage scream Well-Known Member

Sucks man, if they mess up and put them out then you should be able to purchase them. It is not your fault that they messed up.

5. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    This is why I'm not running out looking for these toys just yet. Because if I happen to find them and I'm not allowed to buy them, I'll be forced to throw a freakin' fit and look like a crazy person in the middle of the store. :D 

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I am up shit creek as far as TFs go.

TFA Shockwave has never been spotted in my Province. TFA Wreck Gar is probably, no, DEFFINATELY not even going to come to my country. My Wal Mart might as well not even HAVE a TF display at ALL, and my local Zellers is nothing but old 2008 release TFs, and some FIRST MOVIE FIGURES.

Be glad you even saw them at all.

7. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok i understand we all want these toys early, including myself, but why do ppl get so mad when they wont sell them to you/us when you/we clearly know there is a good chance they will ring up saying cancelled or cannot sell.

why do ppl get their hopes set so high?

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering if this'd happen to someone before the line's launch at the end of the month. At least it's only a couple of weeks away!

And who knows, maybe some of them will get given an early go-ahead like the deluxes last movie.

9. MedicalD

MedicalD Active Member

Hey viper dont feel bad. the same thing happened to me as well this morning. Was just out loffering and noticed the robot heroes displayed at a local walmart. picked up a few and at the register it wouldnt ring up... saying "invalid cannot sale". mangers came out and said they couldnt sale them to me and they would be taking them off the shelfs Asap. =/

10. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Crappy deal guy, but atleast you know that when they officially hit store shelves you'll be able to just walk in say I want it, and you will get it. It'll be like a burger king deal!

11. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Happened to my brother back in 2007. He went to Wal-Mart with my dad, and they found all of the Deluxes there. He sent me a pic of all of them on his cell phone, but when they tried to buy them, the cashier refused to sell them and had an employee start bringing them back into the stockroom.

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seek

I fully reccomend hiding toys in this situation, I know it might be considered unsavory, but come on they have something on the shelf they are not able to sell, and some other manager might override it for someone else if they feel like it.

It will save Wal-Mart some money as well, so that they do not pay a person to stock the shelf, pay a person to deal with the crazy customer(us) at the register, someone to "un"stock the shelf, someone to immediately restock the shelf after you leave since they the worker will do it regardless of what you or the computer says.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That sucks...

I would have ben uber pissed.

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    That's not true. Leaked doesn't equal released.

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    This. I might've even went into a shit eating frenzy and assaulted the cashier.

16. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

What I'm worried about is this happening with the Preview figs.

They, unlike the rest of this stuff, are supposed to be out before the 30th, but given that people have found Bumblebee's and encountered the same "Cannot Sell" issue, they may be held in "too-early limbo" just like the other leaked figures, meaning there may be some places where you won't be able to buy anything ROTF until the 30th.

17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ow, that really hurts.

I have an idea- when I go to Walmart, I'll bring my little cousin with me. I'll pick up all the figs and say they're for him and then he'll get so excited and open them before I pay. I'll tell the cashier "whoops, looks like I have to pay for them now." It's not like they'd want back an open figure anyway.

18. TranstechCat

Holy crap. That just might work...

They can't get on you for opening stuff if you clearly intend to pay for it, and they can't refuse to sell you something you've already opened.

It's brilliant! :rock 

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I wonder if you can threaten them, saying you know they're not supposed to be on the shelves. Simple payment solution? Let you buy the figure :D 

Transformers extortion is the best kind.

20. TranstechCat

Actually, I'd imagine saying: "Hey, these aren't supposed to be on the shelves till X-Date." will just cause them to take them down until that date (or longer).

The "opening what you want on the way up to the register" plan is about the most likely way to get one that you know won't ring up.

I would do it literally right in front of them, then immediately walk up and hand them the box (and ONLY the box, the toy itself would remain firmly in the hand farthest from them), while making the money/card/whatever-you-plan-to-pay-with plainly visible.

When it doesn't ring up or whatever, just go "Huh. How about that. Oh well. Here's the cash for it anyway."

They'll likely argue that they can't sell it, but given that you've already opened it, I doubt they could take it back either.

Maybe someone who knows various store policies or works at a Walmart/Target/etc. can provide some insight as to what exactly might occur in such a situation.

In fact, I'm going to start a thread and get some more insight on this...