I had a great time!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by thoughtcrime, Jul 1, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I just got home from my first Botcon (I was within driving distance) and just wanted to say I had a blast! I loved the Hasbro tour, the panels, the awards party and the concert! Some of the fans were kind of scary looking but I expected as much going in. It was a treat to meet the Hasbro gang and some of you guys. The dealer room kind of sucked but eh dealers always suck. Cullen is the man, David Kaye is a tremendous entertainer, everything was great. Lookin forward to many more!

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Hey can I ask you something I heard hasbro said something about a classic ironhide what did they said?

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope nothing was said about a classics Ironhide

4. thoughtcrime

Umm, they certainly did mention Ironhide was being strongly considered for Classics...its in the new products panel report.

5. Prime Evil

Prime Evil Renegade

I just wanted to say here also that this was my first botcon and I had the best time evah!! It was really great to finally meet people and even better to get out on Saturday night and get really blasted with everyone. I hope I can make it out to next year's botcon, cause it's really worth it IMO.

PS, They mentioned Classic/Uni Ironhide during the Q&A. They also mentioned that they would most likely use it for Racthet, but he won't be in the same wave (which is fine with me). They can just save it for the next wave or so. They would like to used molds that can get repainted. So I think that they mentioned Prowl being in the next wave and that we can get Silverstreak and Smokescreen from that mold (again, for future lines).

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Next year will be my first botcon probly the only bummer was that I live in RI

7. Deszaras

Deszaras In the next episode...

Why did the dealer room suck? Not enough of them or were prices too high?

8. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a blast, the panels were fun and the people were excellent. I even met up with some local folks and are going to be socializing with them in the real non-transformers world. If all I left BC with was some new friends, that would be fine with me (but I left with a whole lot of toys :) 

9. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just arrived home after a 14 hr drive. What a great weekend. I had a great time helping my friends run their table(chocolate-robot) and enjoyed being able to meet so many of you.
    I need to get to bed......

10. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

A little bit of both.

I had a blast, everyone was really cool. Finally got to meet a lot of you there and it made the trip worthwhile for me since my friend didn't end up coming. I don't know if I could do it again, way to much waiting in line and walking. I was 205 pounds when I left and weighed 190 when i got back and I ate a lot while I was there. I would gladly wait and pay extra for FP to ship us the exclusives from now on. It would be great if they could organize everything that requires a line like signings a bit more, maybe scheduled times to cut down on the lines. I am never wearing slacks and a tie to the dinner if I go too, everyone said dress nice and I felt like a dunce being one of maybe 3 people wearing a tie, lol. Overall it was a great first Botcon, and it was fun to see the movie with the theatre filled with nothing but Transfans, its a day i will always remember.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought the room was great. Sure some dealers are pricey, but there's also good deals around too. Plus towards the end on Sunday prices get slashed. I found almost everything I was looking for and several things I wasn't but wanted anyway.

12. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I have nothing to compare for toy conventions. I was only there for Saturday, I liked it a lot. I really liked be able to meet a couple of of the resellers I've delt with since 2000. I would like to have seen Digital Toys represented.

My wife, sister and I were exhausted by 4 in the afternoon. I don't know if I could take multiple days.

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I had a blast and a half. I moshed with Shin, I took a photo with Stan Bush at the bar. Told Archer I was going to write an anger later about him to Hasbro, and Cullen talked on my cell phone, I finally got a Shockwave, scored a MIB Jet Robo Starscream with missiles still and the tree and his Diaclone driver for $50 and met and hung out with loads of you guys, just to name a few things.

14. thoughtcrime

Both. Plus one guy was kind of a dick to me, which cost him the sale. The rest of the dealers didn't really have what I was looking for (or I missed them), which is subjective of course. Prices were high, which I expected.

Agreed. I was very sad that I didn't get Mr. Cullen's autograph. But with the throngs of people, I give the club tremendous credit for the job they did do.

QFT. I put on nice slacks and shirt and everyone else showed up in the same clothes they had on since Thursday. No one followed the dress code. Oh well now I know. lol. I still had a ball at the party. The band & Stan Bush were kickass and so was Greg on lead vocals. It was great drinking and hopping to 80s music and hoping that cute Hasbro redhead would dance herself over my way, hehe.

Oro, sorry I didn't get to meet you man, I met a few TFW folks but didn't spot you. Hopefully next year.

15. thoughtcrime

Both. Plus one guy was kind of a dick to me, which cost him the sale. The rest of the dealers didn't really have what I was looking for (or I missed them), which is subjective of course. Prices were high, which I expected.

Agreed. I was very sad that I didn't get Mr. Cullen's autograph. But with the throngs of people, I give the club tremendous credit for the job they did do.

QFT. I put on nice slacks and shirt and everyone else showed up in the same clothes they had on since Thursday. No one followed the dress code. Oh well now I know. lol. I still had a ball at the party. The band & Stan Bush were kickass and so was Greg on lead vocals. It was great drinking and hopping to 80s music and hoping that cute Hasbro redhead would dance herself over my way, hehe.

Oro, sorry I didn't get to meet you man, I met a few TFW folks but didn't spot you. Hopefully next year.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought the dress code had been revoked when they changed it to a party. I figured with a live band and all it would be more concert-style attire so I thought my Slayer shirt would be fine for that. I don't think many people really looked over dressed though, except maybe that one girl in the gray sequined dress. (She looked quite nice, just over dressed by comparison.)

I didn't even know you were going to be there thoughtcrime, we'll try again next year.

17. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

Was it one of those guys in the Mooby's shirts? Man I hate those guys!

18. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Especially that Canadian one. :)  Tell him to post here dammit!

19. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    hey, I moshed with Shin too, and Rick Alvarez, and Drew Eiden to name a few. Ron has the bar pic with me and Stan tho. Had a blast with the Hasbro guys at the bar!

20. vnutz

vnutz Banned

Ebay:
    gotta admit. most tf fans are strange looking.