I guess this is the best place for this...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RonimusPrime, Sep 24, 2008.

1. RonimusPrime

RonimusPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm doing a fanedit of the 2007 movie to make it a bit more true to the cartoon. I've decided I'm going to attempt to re-score it with Vince DiCola's score and some of the 80's movie's music, and I am going to, through use of lines from the cartoon, redub at the very least Jazz, if not giving Bumblebee some real lines. Any further suggestions for changes?

2. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    take some of the tumbling ironhide out, it was cool once, but it got old after a bit. Put me down for a copy as well! And stupid one liners, like "oh, my bad" maybe just "oh!"

3. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i guess thats a good idea, but why? are you really that unhappy with it?

it would be pretty funny to watch it with the old g1 voices and lines though

4. RonimusPrime

News Credits:
    I'm that unhappy with Jazz being a complete joke. And I think it might be kinda cool to see some of the battle stuff with "The Touch" and/or "DARE" as background. Plus, I want to get into fanediting, and what with all the pre-emptive hate it received, people may like some of the ideas I use here. :lol  Oh, by the way, only Jazz gets replaced, though I may do Megs or Starscream's few lines, if I can find reasonable facsimilies for what their lines. I figure with 2 seasons and 1 movie of G1 voices, it shouldn't be THAT hard.

5. Devastators Leg

Devastators Leg GFXicon

Well you HAVE to put Welker in for Megs. HAVE to.

Redo EVERY Jazz scene.

Give Bumblebee lines.

Get rid of the "my bad".

Have the 80s music playing randomly somewhere. Im thinking on the radio in bumblebee when Sam is showing Mikaela his disco ball. ;) 

And last but least, edit out the "Ill drive you shoot" line at the end. I HATE that line.

Thanx.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I'd like to see that, if you're going to make it available.

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if you're going to re-edit jazz, then I'd say change the dialogue when jazz dies to have megatron saying 'such heroic nonsense' somehow

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I've seen a clip on Youtube where somebody did this.

Ewwwww. Horrible. Shows how outdated the 1986 movie's music REALLY is. It works well in its original context, but when put over the 2007 movie, it's just awful.

9. Hydrobot

Hydrobot Super Ginrai!

Besides "What's Cracking?" and "This seems like a cool place to kick it"....... Jazz spoke quite properly. I don't understand why people consider him "ghetto" or a "joke" because of two lines that seemed very joke-ish. I've noticed there was strong emphasis an a few words he said that kept his language proper.

His voice, however, was deep, I would have liked it much more if Darrius McCray used his real voice. :) 

10. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i'd like to see some new fanediting, but really the original movie music doesn't fit in with the new movie aesthetic
    like the gi-joe theme won't fit in with the new movie

11. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Yeah, for the most part, all the Autobots seemed to be yanking Sam's chain during the introduction.

12. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Remove Jablonske's score? That's a bad idea

If you are going to remvoe something, please edit Glenn completely, without him, the movie would be absolutely perfect for me.

13. RonimusPrime

News Credits:
    Really? I loved Glenn... I thought he added some good stuff to the film. Though, rest assured, Bumblebee's "leak" will be cut. As may the bit with Mojo. I'm doing my best to keep the general tone the same, but lose some of the more immature/cheesy/at the expense of character comedy aspects.