I guess these aren't coming out no more?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megaxz01, Jan 15, 2009.

1. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    Of course I am talking about Mixmaster and Scrapper for Animated?

They talked about them, but it has been so long since we've heard anything, they probably canned the idea?

What do you guys think?

2. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Maybe theyre planning more constuctions and are waiting.

:) 

or not :( 

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No they're still coming out.

Just, rumor is that they haven't been released yet because only the both of them will combine to form Animated Devastator, and we wont be seeing that happen until season 3 when kids are more familiar with Devastator by having him be introduced to them from Animated itself or through the Revenge of the Fallen film. This way, Hasbro will have kids recognize either Devastator(movie or animated) and want their parents to by any which one of him they can.

At least that's what I've heard.

I'd honestly guess it's all done for the right timing to create familiarity of the character and also to generate greater sales of either animated or movie Devastator toys.

4. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Aren't coming out no more? So they are coming out?

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Normally I might rolleyes at such rumors, but this one makes so much sense it's hard to dismiss it.

Swindle gets a toy, and he is in exactly ONE episode.
    Blurr gets a Toy, and is in TWO episodes, one of which he is only in car mode and doesn't speak.
    Oil Slick has never even appeared in an episode ever (yet) and get a toy.
    The Constructicons have been in a few episodes, and have been important to the plot.

Hasbro has been pretty straightforward when it has come to answering questions about toys they do not intend to release, but instead of saying no the the Animated Constructicons like the other figures, they said that they didn't want to not do justice to the Contructicons "iconic" nature (I think I'm remembering that correctly)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gogdog explained it perfectly, they said that they don't want to release them until they can make the Animated Constructicons do what they are known for, which can only be assumed as being able to form Devastator. I just hope that if they do make the two able to combine, they will be better engineered than the Energon "powerlinx" deluxes (Hot Shot, Rodimus, Inferno, etc).

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They're still coming out, just later. We've only just started getting images of Wreck gar, and he was most likely designed long before Scrap and Mix were.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We WILL get 'em, just alot later than everybody else!

Hell, S250 even said that Season 3 gonna introduce a third constructicon!

9. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When did he say that?

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is full of a lot of "seems to me" and "i heard...". Can anyone provide any references/links or least a who/when/where things were said?

I mean, I know we all want some animated constructicons to make a kick ass Devy, but I'm curious how much actual fact we have, if any, that those toys are on the way, or at the least, not canned yet.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    ^That's news.

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if we eventually get to 6 constructicons and then the toys are finally released to all form into Devastator.

By the time THAT happens, I'm sure most kids will be familiar with Devastator, given him being in the next film, and with that known, the kids will warm up more to buying an animated version Devastator.

Plus, it's better to need 6 than just 2 which would generate even more sales since kids would need 4 more guys to form "the big green meanie."

12. GogDog

News Credits:
    Here is the latest comment by Hasbro, I'm looking for the older one.

Hasbro Answers Your Burning Questions Part 2!

"Iconic abilities" would be combining, timing would probably mean that it hasnt happened in the show yet, or new Constructicons that will also combine have yet to appear in the show.

13. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Or by "timing" they really mean "clashing". The Movie Constructicons/Devastator is due out soon so therefore they don't want two new versions of the same characters from two different toylines to come out at the same time and compete against each other.

Doesn't Hasbro have a standing rule that they try not to release the same characters in different toylines simultaneously? The movie Constructicons/Devastor is probably taking priority over the Animated version due to the movie tie-in. (more $$$ to be made.)

14. GogDog

News Credits:
    Yeah, that is very true as well.

15. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks!

So yeah - current plan is "not a damn thing". But it does sound like if they can, they want to do it right. Hopefully Animated will last for a season 4 and 5 and beyond, and give them time to do the toys.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

This will be well worth the wait.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I know I'll be picking up Mixmaster at least, I think he's a riot. Probably Scrapper, too, simply for the enginering of the toy I guess if they do it right (his chest is the excavator bucket.). I also agree with their delayed release being part of Devy's big part in ROTF.

HOWEVER.

Where I get lost is the Animated combiner idea for our favorite oil-drinking crack-showing constructicons. If they're both voyager sized, which was what their size class would be last I heard, then the two of them combining somewhat is plausable (but it would just be energon all over again, plus we got the Autobot Twins). However, I just can't see the Animated Constructicons combining at Voyager class, since in the case that they did, Mix would be the left leg and Scrapper the right sholder/arm, spots that are usually filled by scout class figures I think if the "Maximus" combiner style is followed, with the body a single deluxe. Translating that into Animated Constructicon terms, 5 Ani. Constructicons would have 4 individual (not two copies of the same mold like the "Maximus" combineres) Voyager limbs and one Leader class body, all together a value of $120 ($80 for voyagers plus $40 for leader=$120). 6 Animated Constructicons combining would have the same price point, but there would be one more toy to sell. Top it all off with the given truth that only 4 Voyager figures come in a wave case, and either way you're gonna get shortpacked figures.

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "my source told me in Animated Season 3 there will be a forklift character hang up with construction dumbass team.
    but this forklift still looks like movie scout.and not bad."

Google that and you'll find his post.

19. GogDog

News Credits:
    For one, there is no evidence that they will be voyagers. The toys have likely not even been prototyped yet, so what you "heard" was probably bogus.Second, there has never been a full-fledged combiner made up of multiple voyagers (full combiner, not pairs like Energon. So the chances of what you are saying happening are slim to none.

20. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just hope that IF they're made, they're not deluxe sized.:lol