I gotta say... I'm not a big fan of "Automorphing"..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Jun 20, 2008.

1. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    voyager primes automorph is so much fun.....same with his holo-drivers automorph....it is fun to say hi and bye to the cowboy hat guy :lol 

2. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

Only problem i've had with automorph is with Blackout like everyone else. In general i like it but it depends on how it's used. I like ones like movie Ironhide that do something small and fiddly rather than say animated Starscream where it does half the transformation for you.

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Haha oh man I have lots of trouble with '08 Bumblebee too. He's never been put into vehicle mode since I bought him :eek:  . Actually it was with '08 Bumblebee when I first realized that this Automorph technology didn't agree with me :lol 

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like the gimmick so far. Looks like the toys are really transforming by themselves! :lol  But then again, I worry that I might break them by not following the process correctly.

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Heh...nearly everytime I transform prime into vehicle mode, I come to the part where I have to click the hood into place. Then all of a sudden, CLICK goes the door and the driver pops out! Somehow the door got open during truck to robot, and I just closed it during robot to truck! Freaks the shit outta me, I can tell ya.

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I only got movie toys but i have no problem with their automorphs gimmicks. Bah, at the beginning yes and only in 1 or 2 but after a few transformations the problem solves itself. ^^

7. Screamin'Star

Screamin'Star Active Member

Personally I like the automorph technology, it makes transforming the toys more fun. At first I had trouble with a few (e.g. Blackout and 08 Bubblebee) but once I figured out how to “make them work” I really started to enjoy and even appreciate it. So try to understand what actually happens you activate the automorph, then you’ll be able to manipulate it better and might actually have some fun with it.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    gotta say, thats probably the first time ive actually laughedd out loud.

but my Automorphs are fine except for the Blackout/Evac issue. though i dont have animated Voyager Prime yet, so i dunno his deal. also, what is movie voyager prime's Automorph? cause ive never noticed it, but people say therre is one-what is it?

9. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

I think movie voyager prime's gimmick is the little driver that disappears in the cab. Animated voyager prime's issue is getting his legs back up after automorphing them down. It's connected by gears and sometimes it doesn't wind up properly, forcing you to force it up and grinding gears in the process.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do not like nor dislike 'em, but I gotta admit the movie Starscream's automorph is badass.

11. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

odd i have no problem transforming him back to vehicle mode.

12. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

How do you get his legs back up? If I twist it in a reverse motion, it never aligns back properly. Do you force them back up, grinding the gears?

13. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I prefer to transform my Transformers myself. Never did see much point of fun to them doing half the job themselves when I move one piece. Also, it means more little bits to break by accident - especially on a first transform right out of the packaging when you're not yet familar with the figure and the instructions are vague.
    Without his AutoBreak feature I'd have loved the Blackout figure much more.

14. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

That's why they created instructios.

However, though I like automorphs, I prefer the ones that moves one piece of the figure. I don't like when a figure transforms by itself, as Cybertron Override.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You might not have, but kids like that stuff. Transforming shouldn't have to be a job as many see it. Kids like it when this parts moves all by itself and raises the head. They think it's cool.

16. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Automorphing is cool, i've never found it annoying or intrusive. It's a sweet addition. ;) 

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like it. The only figure I don't like it on is movie Blackout, it was poorly executed.

18. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

AM is a great concept when they get it right. Like the first wave of 70's model BB toy... dear god. But since that one, i have not many problems with it. Blackout yea, but the rest are alright.

19. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

I guess I grind gears it makes a slight clicking sound when I position his midsection and move them up. guess that isn't how it's supposed to be.

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Not a fan. Small parts morphing is OK, like a head popping up or something like that, but when the toy transforms itself like animated Starscream I find no joy in it. I like to figure out transformations myself, like solving a little puzzle. It's a big part of why I like the toys in the first place.