I got Universe Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TheCuddlyDevil, Jul 30, 2008.

1. TheCuddlyDevil

TheCuddlyDevil Well-Known Member

And to be honest, I'm disappointed. The figure is good, actually, but not "great". The knees and feet look week, his arms just hang there, and I can't get over the neck and stupid face. I thought that maybe this toy just didn't photograph well, but turns out not.

He's nice, either way, but not to the level to which I expected. Is Streaker way better?

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about Hound and Cyclonus. Let's hope they work out nice, since the pics look FANTASTIC! (also, cheap plastic = BAD)

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    did you pull his feet out all the way? the white part slides down, to extend his feet...i really dig him...and sunstreaker is better...and though i'm in the minority, i think that octane is even better...

3. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    haha, and i thought u were really excited with him, to post a new thread on this..that kinda sucks...i dont have any universe figures yet though

4. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    Personally, after owning both Prowl and Sunstreaker for about a week, i would say Sunstreaker is a better toy because he feels more durable and has better paint apps. I did some touchups to Prowl to make him more presentable, but other than that, i'm quite satisfied with him.

5. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

Prowl has his own merrits, though imho the playability doesn't come out 'till a clear coat has been applied to counter the transparent plastic problem. I found him very posable and looking very much like Prowl would. I don't even mind the turtleneck. Just wish some silver ( or grey!) would have been applied to his legs and launchers

6. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Between the really bland paint job and generic white missles (did I mention a BLAND paint job?) I'd say that Sunstreaker comes out the winner in this match up for me. Tankor(Octane) is also pretty damn cool.

Tankor (Octane) was one of those figures I got because he was there and I have to say I'm rather impressed with him. Prowl on the other hand, I really looked forward to, only to find myself a bit disappointed in the end.

7. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Universe Prowl is one of my favourite TF figures for a good long time.

8. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

i agree he's one of my favorites also, i think if this fig had come out 5 years ago id have gone bananas.

9. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I think Prowl is actually more stable in his robot mode then Sunstreaker with his dangling knees and loose ankles. Though, I like both figures. Prowl has a better gun, too. I don't like his transformation mechanics much, though. It's to hard to pull out the sides without popping them off, and I hate it when they pop off. Of course, Sunstreaker has similar problems. So far Tankor would have to be my favorite overall, but I'm still waiting to get my hands on Powerglide and the others.

10. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
  11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Prowl is definitely my least favorite of the three wave 1 deluxes. For me, the biggest problem is his overall lack of color. I know he's a police car, but some extra paint apps on his arms would have added a lot. As it is now he looks really plain in robot mode. Sunstreaker is a far better figure in almost every aspect, and Octane is just a lot more fun.

12. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    I was somewhat disappointed with Prowl also. I don't hate it but certianly don't love it like I do Mirage. I'm not a fan of the neck or the brownish window colors. Sunstreaker is awesome except for the two round things in his crotch area. That's just weird. Not sure what the design team was thinking on that one.

13. TheCuddlyDevil

^haha.

I would like to say that Classics Mirage is just a top-notch figure. Any figure on that same level of quality is a must-buy anyway.

14. repair_bay

repair_bay Scramble Power!

Ebay:
    I haven't gotten Prowl yet, so I can't say anything about him. However, I would highly recommend buying Sunstreaker, and to only a slightly lesser extent Octane. I'm holding off on buying Prowl for right now because A.) I want to see if the transparent plastic problem is fixed later on (though I'll probably clearcoat it anyways), and B.) I just dropped $20 on Blaster (he's not THAT bad).

15. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally think the Universe line sucks all around. They look so much cheaper than the Classics 1.0 line. Prowl especially looks like a slightly upgraded happy meal toy.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker is probably a little more solid as a toy, but I love Prowl. I agree the deco is pretty plain and there are some things that could have been done differently but I think it's a perfect update to the G1 character. Octane is great too.

17. TheCuddlyDevil

Well, I have to admit, this is the best G1 Prowl yet. Character appeal is all this toy has going for it.

18. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His neck and cheapness are what's keeping me from buying him. If I find him on the bay for cheap, maybe, but otherwise no thanks.

I'm gonna hold out for Hound and Cyclonus, they look awesome.

19. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

pick

I also picked him up, my problem is the launchers, aslo the legs, those are the 2 biggest problmes in my opinion.

I can live with the odd head and neck brace, I mean he is an alien robot, but the launchers and legs are a big turnoff.

Sunstreaker is fabulous, I stuck a larger mirrored autobot logo on his chest, I never had the alternator but it pretty much is a scaled down Alternator.(obviously different transformations)

Unfortunately, every where I went did not have Octane, so I do not know how he is, I did get all the new robot heroes but passed on Cheetor and Blackarachnia.

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just found him today. I flipped when I saw him on the shelf. Prowl has been my favorite Transformer since G1, (hell I even have his Beast Wars Owl), so this was a pleasant surprise. They also had Tankor and Sunny, but I'll get those next week.