I got ripped off...what should I do?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Poho, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I don't know about everywhere else, but the two Canadian Tire stores in my area are having huge 50% off sales this week. I went to check and see if they had any TFs, and luckily they did! They had them priced at 16.99, but i was thrilled when i noticed the talker that said WAS 16.99, NOW 8.49. I was like "SAWEET" and i grabbed Longarm and Payload and went to the cash. The girl rang them in and they came to 38.00. I said no way, they're on sale for half price, I'll show you the talker. So she went off for five minutes and talked to somebody I guess, and came back with Dxe Dreadwing and said "He says that it was only this one that is on sale because it was from last year."
    I told her that was bullsh*t, but she was too airheaded to know what was going on, so I just wound up paying 16.99 for Longarm (I couldn't find him anywhere else in town). I'm seriously considering going back and talking to the manager. Dreadwing certainly isn't from last year.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Tire shops in Canada sell toys? :sly: 

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Seems so ! :sly: 

4. Poho

News Credits:
    hahaha its just the name of the store. it's a huge canadian hardware store.

5. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    still...WTF? :sly: 

6. benzo

benzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    go back and talk to the manager, explain things and demand your 50% off!

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It's just a Hardware chain. But automitive stuff is their main buisness. Each store reeks of rubber from all the tires there. I've never known them to carry toys, well action figures anyway.

But the stores do have one unique feature. They print their own money.
    [​IMG]
    In lieu of coupons.

8. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    here in texas hardware stores sell tools, only thing toy relates is bob the builder play tools, which are tools

9. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    This happened to me at Wal-Mart when one of their stockers had filled an entire shelf with DVD edition MP Primes with price tab marked $19.99.

WMT is supposed to honor prices from stocking errors, no matter what. I went over the cashier's head and asked for a manager. The manager went to investigate, and was gone FOR 8 @#$%ING MINUTES (with the line backing up behind me no less), and she came back and said that those prices applied to only some of the items on the shelf. The other items (the one I wanted to buy) were on the riser and were $59.99.

I told her that was BS because the shelf was full of the same item and there was only one price tab on the entire shelf. She actually argued with me, and I told her I'd go with her to the department and show her again. She said, "Oh, that isn't necessary..." and then told me I'd have to pay full price.

I told her I knew WMT's policy on stocking errors and they were supposed to honor it. She said she was sorry but I would have to pay the retail price.

It's not like I was trying to exploit the stocking error by buying 6 of them at that price. I just wanted one.

And WMT's a billion-dollar company, and this peon manager is trying to save her employer $40 by lying to me?

I just told her that she had lost the sale, and added that she made a lot of other people in line wait a long time for nothing, and also that she hadn't been honest with me and that I would be speaking to the store manager about her behavior.

I then asked why it took her so long to investigate something in a section that was not even 80 feet away, and she stammered for a moment and then said that a customer had asked her for help.

I turned and walked to the department to discover that she had lied to me not once, but three times. There was no customer that had caused her delay. She had taken the time to move every single Prime off the shelf and onto the riser, and removed the price tab too, since that item was out of stock to begin with. I also didn't appreciate that she had implied, in front of other customers, that I was dishonest and had moved the product myself or moved/removed the price tabs.

I ended up getting two of them later, after they went on clearance, and for about the same price that it would've been if I'd gotten them that day for $19.99. (Patience does pay off.)

In your case, for future reference: always go over the cashier's head and speak to a manager. I would've gone over the CSM's head and asked for the store manager, but unfortunately he was not available that day. And I did report her to her store manager the next day.

I don't enjoy being a "whiner" and normally I would've just let it go, but this woman had committed several customer service errors: inconvenienced me and other people standing in line, implied that I was dishonest, and was repeatedly dishonest with me. I hope she got demoted.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Canadian Tire is a big hardware store that has outdoor summer fun stuff, tools, toys, Automotive, gardening, home decor and home renovation stuff. If only their Prices on TFs weren't retarded, it'd be the store to go to.:D 

Plus, what's worse, when I got Dropkick from my Cnd Tire, not only was he $16.99, but he wasn't on file! So one of the clerks had to go and scan one that was. Atleast they were nice about it. I shouldn't have to pay $6 more than the US for TFs when our dollar is worth more.:mad 

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I hear ya there buddy. The british pound is worth about two dollars, yet we still pay $20 for a deluxe. Still, be thankful you don't deal with Hasbro Nordic.
    (This is why it irks me when I see people in the US saying they will wait for clearence due to unfair pricing)

12. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did the tag say MP Prime on it or was it just a $19.99 tag? If not, can you blame Walmart for not wanting to give it to you for that price? You were trying to get it $40 off the normal price for a misshelved item (and no, Walmart or any store can't stop customers from putting things back on the wrong shelf.
    If it did say MP Prime on the $19.99 tag, you should have gotten it for that price.

13. Poho

News Credits:
    yeah when the heck are they gonna even up the prices? the canadian dollar is worth more...but we pay 69.99 for leaders at TRU...they're 39.99 in the us. what is with that.

14. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Canada is so weird.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Only to people outside Canada. US is just as weird, if not weirder.

16. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    we have poutine... just except it. WE'RE weird :p 

17. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Why is poutine odd? I see nothing out of the ordinary with taking deep fried potatoes, pouring artery clogging beef juice over it and throwing on some fattening cheese to top it all off. Heart attack in a bowl FTW!

Man... I'm hungry now.

18. Poho

News Credits:
    now i want poutine. im gonna go get some. maybe even post a picture of it.

19. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Yea but in europe it's still $100-105 for a leader class when it's not on sale... and the Euro is going strong.

20. Poho

News Credits:
    thats absolutely ridiculous. they should be able to get away with selling stuff for twice it's value.