I got Masterpiece Voltron in the mail today.....

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by BarBoBot, Jan 4, 2008.

1. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Packaging was sweet! I carefully opened it up, inspected the lions, and WOW very nice. Then I tried to put Voltron together....One of the connectors that connects the green lion to the main body is cracked all the way through. I couln't believe it. It still connects, but eventually it will break all the way.

I emailed Toynami, but I don't have my hopes up. It was a limited production run, so There isn't a spare Voltron just sitting around, and especially not just a spare green lion. I'm not sure what it is exactly I expect them to do about it, but I figured I had to try.

I guess if they tell me I'm SOL, I am going to try and sell it on ebay. Maybe somone has a different broken lion and would be interested in it. I'll buy another Voltron first, just to make sure all the lions are fine, then sell the other.

I was so stoked about this guy too :( 

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not the first I've heard of MP Voltron's poor durability. A friend of mine got one several months back. Within a day or two of opening it, it fell over, and one of the hip joints cracked in half.

Amazingly, he was able to send it back and get it repaired (not replaced) by whatever internet store sold it to him. And for free. :eek:  Don't think it was Toynami, though.

3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am about to order another MP Voltron because the yellow lion is broke on mine now. It will be in the next few weeks but I am defiantly getting one.

4. BarBoBot

If toynami does nothing about it, I would be interested in Buying your green lion, or selling you my yellow one. :)  let me know

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Whichever happens first that would be great. I will PM you so we can stay in touch.

6. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, I definitely hear you guys on MP Voltron's fragility. Black Lions flimsy, thin wings are another weak point to watch. The original Bandai(or Matchbox) Voltron was much more durable.

I like MP Voltron but its not the kind of "Masterpiece" us TF fans are used to. It has some flaws and there some MAJOR omissions from the piece IMO.

7. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, MP Voltron's fully transformable? I remember waiting in line at the Toynami booth at SDCC, and the rep at the front desk said it came just as the full Voltron robot, and wasn't a transforming figure.

Didn't matter since I wasn't gonna buy it (and I'm glad I didn't, now that I'm reading about the problems), but I know the guy in front of me I was talking to pretty much had the $150 out before he was told it wasn't transformable.

Oh well, leave it to incompetent salesmen to lose sales.

8. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I can't get the Black Lion Feet to conceal all the way in Voltron Mode. That and the Shield/Laser Blade is busted on one point.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well that settles it. I'm not buying one!

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've just got to find a replacement Black Lion and I'll have finished rebuilding my original. I hope you can sort something out with this, though.

11. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    took me an hour fiddling with it on and off and felt stupid when I figured out how. Force is definitely not needed when you figure out how

12. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

I love mine, and no problems yet luckly. But like all of Toynami's MP type figures he's fragile as hell. Looks so sweet though. I think the issue is that Toynami doesn't realize that alot of people that are gonna buy something like this actually want to be able to handle and play with it a bit. Their MP Robotech Veritechs and Alphas share the fragility issues.

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This guy was a shame. I wasn't that pumped about him to begin with, then with the QC issues started surfacing, he came off even my "maybe one day" list.

I do love their MP Alphas, though.

14. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

I believe it matters which number (#) you buy. The first 5000 made were really bad. But I heard the following 10000 were made much better. Especially the final 5000. Which # did you get? It should be listed on the packaging limited edition # something or other.

15. BarBoBot

I had heard the same thing, which made me really happy when I saw that mine was #13092........guess that was a mytyh

*edit* You can also find the number on the underside of the black lions jaw.

16. BarBoBot

I couln't get it for after a few minutes, so I checked the instructions. The angle of the feet has to be exactly like the picture. When done right, the foot actually goes in very smoothly. When the foot goes in to a certain point, it touches the plastic flap and actually closes it(plastic flap cover) while the foot goes in. Likewise, when you open the flap back up it pulls the leg out partially. It was frustrating, but once you figure it out it is quite nice. :) 

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was thinking about picking this guy up, but after reading this thread, I think I'll pass.

18. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see some pictures of this figure. I am still on the fence with this one. I would not play with mine I have a glass cabinet to keep my figures in.

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't really like the MP Voltron..Very loose..the Wings were too small and Black lions next was too long..I guess I can live with the Bulky Matchbox version.

20. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Yah, the wings made the whole figure look too "thin"