i got an email problem

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, May 9, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have a contact at a local college that i email quite a bit when i am unavailable by phone or vice versa, and things have been fine- till today.
    i sent him an email so he could get it first thing Friday Morning, but i got this:

so what does it mean, really? i know my mail is being rejected (i can read) but i am curious if their IT guy has been tinkering with the system and it is getting picky about filtering emails or what. that whole "Denied by policy" is what gets me.

any ideas would be nice.

2. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Call the IT guy on the recieving end or have your friend call him.

3. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

Seems the provider of the person you were trying to reach blacklisted Gmail, probably due to spam.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    guess i have to call them. the only other time i had seen anything like this was at the AL Institute for the Deaf and Blind- about any website you could think of was blocked and it pissed the older students there. when i was there for my low vision therapy and classes, i couldn't access my Myspace or Diaryland journals to keep my family and friends up to date.
    found out almost 7 months into my stay that the ISP served all the AIDB schools and since there were young children in those places, they put a universal block on the sites.
    heck, my cell phone was useless, i couldn't get a signal out of there. eventually, i lucked out when their ISP "let" me access the Alltel website and i had to text my family through the site.
    kooky.
    still, thanks for the help.