i got a question when it comes to the beast wars /classics toyline

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Jun 13, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

if hasbro were to explore the whole transmetal scenario as a part of the beast wars classics line just how far could they go in exploring the whole zoid style look?

check this out
    Image:Lioconvoy gathering.jpg - Transformers Wiki

when it comes to lio convoys pre beast form character art in the beast wars gathering storyline

is it just me or does it actually look like he turns into a liger zero/shield liger?

that is what got me thinking on the matter

i could actually see bw transmetal megatron transforming into a genosaur/geno breaker/bursurk fuhrer style beast mode

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If Im not mistaken, Cybertron Lio Convoy from that series WAS designed as a Zoids reference, but I very much doubt that the Transmetals line was developed to cash in on Zoids. Its much more likely that the Transmetals line was an attempt to move Beast Wars back towards more mechanical, robotic-style transformers, rather than the organic versions from the original beast wars lines.

A zoids kind of style could work with some of the BW tfs, but I think it would be much better suited to large, G1 robotic animals, especially the decepticon cityformers, like that trypticon you posted.

I think turning beast wars characters into zoids would make them just look more like G1 versions of the characters, only larger.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not sure, but damn if I wouldn't enjoy a return of Transmetal to the Transfomers line up. Just something really cool about the robotic looking animal modes. But it would be two things I really enjoyed rolled into one because I loved Transmetal and I loved Zoids so I don't see how I could do anything but love the two combined.

Now if we just knew the right arms to bend to make it happen.

5. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really wish Zoid's was as popular as it was when new century zero was airing,then their could of been the chance of a cross-over of sorts. Shame Really.

6. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly endorse this. Transmetals had, in my opinion, the absolute best design style of any TFs yet made.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Agreed. The Transmetals stand out as some of the most impressive toys whichever mode they are in.

It is too bad that the chrome chips and flakes so easily. That is the one downside.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

That is my hate of the Transmetals. I hate messing with them too much. I worry about the chipping. Otherwise, I absoultely loved them!

9. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they made a lio convoy that was based on that, I'd be in heaven. That's a badass interpretation of his cybertonian form. But if they do it, they'd better put all the glyphs on him!

10. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

now if the guy who made that ultimate deathsuarer trypticon would take a crack at drawing super transmetal 2 dragon beast wars megatron in that same style

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

that zoidformer picture of trypticon is proof positive that the idea really does have some merit to it worth exploring and that their is some interest in the fanbase to see such a crossover as well

12. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Go Classics Transmetals. On top of my computer right now I display Optimal Optimus in bot mode, TM1 Megatron in Tyrano mode, and my fave Rampage in Tank mode. I own every US release transmetal toy, one of my all time favorite sub lines.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Considering Tomy and Takara are one and the same nowadays, I'd imagine TFs could outright rip the visual appearance of Zoids if they had a mind to do so.

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    transmetals is the shit. i own all the us releases as well and my in box collection are the japanese versions since they look so cool in those boxes and versus sets are awesome.

i would love for a pre bw scorponok though transmetal style.

15. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol, I was thinking after my earlier post that I'd love to give scorponok the same treatment they did with dinobot. Give scorps a nice deluxe size, oh yea!! I thought the orriginal was to big anyway.. Not to mention his after market price is throught the effin roof...