I got a new job!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hound_Dawg, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

WOW, what can i say? I just found out i got a new job. I'll have to move to TX. I am really excited. I had to sign a document that says i will not tell what the job title is or who it is for. but many of you have been very supportive since my job fiasco in november last year. It has taken this long and it is a career change, but for the better. this is the footstep into the career path i have always wanted to be in! I am so excited! i start on the 18th! crap i gotta go start packing!

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Congrats, on whatever it is you will be doing.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Congrats!

Whatever happened with the last place? Did you sue their collective asses?

4. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Congrats. Is it with NASA?

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I might be totally wrong, but I think that a job you can't tell people should be pretty cool.

Anyways, congratulations. I bet today really lifted a weight off your shoulders.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm assuming you're not going to be a cowboy. Oh well, congrats anyway.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Congratulations, dude.

8. Hound_Dawg

I am still in the process of suing them, this new job pays less for starters and the lawyer i have said that it is a good thing. It will show that i was unable to get a job in the same field due to "blackballing" and it will help in the "damages" side of settlements.

No, but we have a huge following for what i will be doing in the game and anime section. Which is why i can't say what it is i'll be doing. but I can say it is dealing with video games in general.

thanks man! It is a dream come true job that is for sure. With my wife having to shoulder all the finances while i have been out of a job has been really hard on us. It will envolve us spending time apart at the beginning but it also means she doesn't have to work quite as hard as she has been. This will be good for both of us. I have had dealings with this company in the past on tech support issues from my last job (ironically enough) and i have never heard a bad thing about this place. The one thing that will be a loss for me is that they used to send all their employees to E3, i have never gotten to see one and with E3 done with that is the only thing i will be sad about.

9. Hound_Dawg

I did ask if they wanted me to wear cowboy boots and a hat to work cuz it is in TX, and they said no. so it was a win win situation there :D 

10. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Well I must not be with Sony then. :lol 

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    My guess is FBI.

12. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

I just got something new, too--I can't specify details, due to contractual agreements, but rest assured, it is either a person, place or thing. I am also unable to discuss my feelings toward said acquisition, other than to say I am somewhere between delighted and morose.

13. Hound_Dawg

that is true. but i did apply with them alot over the last 6 months :D 

14. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Good luck dude

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    That's cool. I have a PS3 and a PSP, I just see a lot of hating in the games forum. Personally I think they make good machines and good games. Both systems just need more titles.

16. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Congrats on the new job!

Although the whole non-discloser thing saying you won't reveal who you work for or what your job is... just strikes me as a little odd. But, putting that aside, bring me a souveneir from the Pegasus Galaxy.

17. Hound_Dawg

I don't like not being able to say what company it is, it has really been bugging me. My bestfriend is mad because i can't tell him. But he is a consumer of the product. I can tell you it isn't government related. But it is for a game company. I figure they don't want me to say only because it would break the chain of how things work, for support, customer service and what not.

It is like my last job, i told people who i worked for, in my family and what not. I worked in an area that dealt with service on servers and workstations. My family and friends ended up buying from this company (mostly due to the poor discounts they gave me, but a buck is a buck). When something would go wrong with their home systems they would call me at home to do something about it, or email me at work with their service contracts asking me to help becuase they didn't want to be on the phone with the right group.

The same principle applies except i will support everyone on a product, there are no levels of service contracts or anything. It is something that alot of the board community here does, even i am an avid player of this, and while i know no one would ask me to fix "X" problem for them or make reports about stuff to me here, i believe my employer just wants to make sure if there is a problem it goes through the right channel. This is the best i can figure. Believe me it has cost me a friendship to figure this much out.

I appreciate everyone's well wishes even with all the secrets about who it is for. You guys have helped me through alot especially with my last employer and letting me vent and alot of the direction and advice given to me. My case is still going on, nothing with that company is settled yet, it is probably going to go on for a while. Seems like worker/employer disputes tend to do that. This time around i am in a new career path, i will have a world of experience to be gained and I will be able to pursue my dreams of being in the business of making video games :D 

18. Hound_Dawg

man i have always liked sony, i will probably have to get a psp in the next few years if they make a game for Kingdom Hearts. but that is the only game i play on PS2, sad but true. what is worse is i have a Nintendo DS just so i can play KH: CoM. I used to play the Final Fantasy games but for some reason i can't sit down long enough to play through a game on the PS when KH is on the shelf LOL