I get to play with my Wanzer. (Front Mission Evolved)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Jun 25, 2009.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Hey guys! I discovered that Square/Enix is making another Front Mission game! Cept this time instead of being the commander of a squad of their Mechs, aka Wanzers, you're gonna be the pilot of them. The game will still provide Wanzer customization.

Here's a video of the announcement trailer.

Video..y?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/51280.html

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

wanzer is a funny word! hur hur!

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I'm very mixed about this. One the one hand, I wish we were getting a traditional FM game on the new consoles (Since we didn't get 5 or Online :(  ) however, i'm happy just to get anything new Front Mission related.

I coullllddd be good, but i'm always weary when a franchise takes it in completely different directions.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Front Mission = great times.

5. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

It's coming to 360, I'm very happy to hear this, and hoping it doesn't suck. I wasn't too thrilled with the latest armored core so I'm hoping this makes up for it.

6. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I was playing FM on the DS with my nephew, and he had to read the tutorial to him, and I kept busting up when I said "Wanzer"

7. DaggersRage

Hey guys! Found me a new trailer for Front Mission: Evolved, and its a pertty wicked good one too. The people in the game talk like they're... people! Gasp, weird isnt it? Not to bash, but a lotta japenese ported games with english dialogue sounds like such cheese *cough*Ace Combat *cough*!

I do have some doubts about the game in of itself though, last time I saw gameplay for it, it looked like a bland version of Armored Core 4, which, Armored Core 4 (to me) was bland already.

Anyways, heres the vid.
    Front Mission Evolved Video Game, World Of Tomorrow Trailer | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Armor Core is an action game and Front Mission is strategy, so it should look kinda bland in comparison :) 

9. DaggersRage

Front Mission Evolved (this upcoming game) is an action title where we get to pilot the Wanzers, instead of commanding them.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh noes! :( 

11. DaggersRage

You're smoking crazy! That's awsome (if pulled off good, thats the skeptic part Im on). I know Front Mission is signature for it's strategy and mech customization, but now we get to pilot them and be down in the suck, with the same customization the previous games provide. Might sound like a Armored Core ripoff in that sense, but if thats the case, then I can bitch that Armored Core is a rip off of Earth Siege.

12. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    AC doesn't play anything like Earth Siege. If anything, AC is more like Virtual On in that it is more arcade in the controls and combat. Front Mission is more like Heavy Gear in style and combat.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  13. DaggersRage

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!

By the way, Heavy Gear reference for the win, I wish they would remake it for current gen systems. I'd make it play like a 3rd person shooter of sorts, with a gunplay mechanic like Gears of War.

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm kidding. It's not like I haven't played Final Fantasy games that weren't RPGs :D