i gear op questions

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by doomtron, Nov 11, 2009.

1. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    so i was checking out that i gear op and i was wondering if we will see one stateside? my biggest prob with mp optimus is the size and weight. a smaller less metal is a dream come true. does the igear op have the heavy metal leggs and chest or plastic?

2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    No-ones knows

The only way your gonna get it in the US is ordering it from I-Gear I think

It shouldn't be made anyway

3. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Any kind of release in the US is probably unlikely as retailers like BBTS won't want to risk any legal issues with Hasbro.

Personally I hope the mini MP's get released without any legal issues arising as they'd be a perfect replacement in my Classics/Henkei lineup for the Prime & Megatron that IMO should've been more like the MP versions of the G1 designs to begin with.

Maybe if Hasbro didn't half ass things like paint apps so much and didn't treat European collectors like a 3rd world nation when it comes to distribution I'd actually give a crap about who rips off their designs but this isn't the case and I reckon they've only brought it on themselves.

Obviously things like the Teletraan-1 setup wouldn't sell to the masses but ANY new version of Prime & Megatron are a no brainer and if Hasbro were smart they'd buy the molds from the iGear people and market them officially as they'd basically have 2 new toys, one of which has strong repaint potential without the usual development costs which would surely be a winner.

But it instead seems Hasbro are more intrested in creating horrible looking original Movie styled characters, repainting several existing Movie molds ad infinitum and producing Leader Class toys that look like roughly 5 cents was spent on the paint budget so I say if iGear can take their designs, make some improvements and provide a quality alternative to the official pieces, good luck to 'em and anyone else who decides to go a similar route.

4. nails1

nails1 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely interested in Megatron and Prime but the prices are crazy. Has there been any talk of organizing a group buy on these to bring the price down?

5. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Well frickin said .

6. xNotMyFuturex

xNotMyFuturex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want both of these pretty bad, I really hope they get released without any legal issues.