I found a mistake!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rayzilla Prime, Oct 26, 2007.

1. CyberWolf

CyberWolf Collector of Transformers

Ebay:
    In the scene where Sam and his dad drive past the Porsche dealership, who can see the camara truck/car that is filming them in the reflection of the dealership's windows as they drive by with them.

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Yeah, they do appear to be on the wrong side of the road. I never noticed that before. Not to mention you can see all the people standing up on the bridge watching the filming. Pretty funny.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    If those signs weren't facing in our direction, you could simply say they mirrored the shot for some reason (like they did several times in the film itself). But we can't.

4. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Maybe that scene was intended for us UK audiences ;)  that's normal for us ;) 

5. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
  6. teepo112

teepo112 Well-Known Member

how did you take that screen shot?

7. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    They do that all the time in movies. Watch Boba Fett in Return of the Jedi. His antennae ends up on the reverse side a few times.

But, yeah, the signs aren't flipped. Weird. And Bay said he "lowered his fees" so they could shoot the movie in the U.S. :sly: 

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    To be fair, they probably weren't allowed to film on the other side of the road for some reason that day, and that bit only appeared for a few seconds at most.

Print screen, then paste into a image editing program. In truth it's not from the DVD, as the movie won't be released here on DVD until thursday, so I took this screencap from the 'Event' HD tv spot.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I call that "Jurassic Park syndrome".

10. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

alot of computer dvd programs have a screen shot button.

11. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG... I almost crapped in my pants... LOL!!! Look how big Bonecrusher is in that screenshot!!!!

12. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
  13. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was the scene I wanted to look at when I get the DVD. I just knew that would happen (not big deal though).

Still have not got the DVD :( 

14. Classio

Classio Well-Known Member

for the person who pointed out the mistakes of optimus with the wrong grille and the highway error (cars driving in wrong direction), thank you so much.

it's good to point out mistakes in any film as long as you don't bash the film crew or actors for committing those mistakes. I hope Bay and company read this so they can rectify these mistakes in a later special edition dvd.

other mistakes I noticed are when Mikaela ties Bumblebee to the tow truck. when she goes to tell Sam that she's glad she got into his car, bumblebee suddenly disappears from the tow truck.

also the windows of Bumblebee's 1970's camaro switch colors. when sam first buys bumblebee, his windows are transparent. when bumblebee saves sam and mikaela from barricade, his windows are suddenly tainted blue!

one of the biggest mistakes in my opinion is giving Brawl the name Devastator. had it been another name like Treadfire or Krusher, it wouldn't have been that bad but why Devastator? Devastator is a classic G1 character, a combiner for pete's sake. now people who saw TFs for the 1st time will associate Devastator with the tank (Brawl). the TF film guys will have to come up with something to clear up that name confusion. maybe in the sequel Brawl is revived as a combiner, I dunno.

one thing that really bothers me is the Barricade mystery. he is summoned along with the other Decepticons for the final battle in downtown L.A. yet barricade doesn't join the Decepticons in the fight against the Autobots. also Scorponok doesn't reappear. if u watch the commentary with Michael Bay, he says that Spielberg told him to make his special effects shots count. that is why they built a bumblebee 2007 camaro robot to save on special effects shots. I guess they had to abandon shots of barricade and scorponok and leave them for the sequel. oh well...

15. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    the grill mistake is insanely funky that it was seen. all the reflection shots are fairly easy to spot, but I gotta say that if your watching the whole movie fram by frame, you have no life.

16. Snkbyt

Snkbyt Autobot

Primes chest/shoulder is missing the chrome visor pieces during the scene where he is looking in Sams window when he steps in the flowers.

17. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It always bothered me a little, in terms of shot continuity, that right before bumblebee crawls up to Sam as he's sitting on the ground you see him run off screen in the shot exactly before it.

... Like he decided he wanted to run somewhere, decided against it, and chose to lie down on the ground instead.

Such occurances are really common in movies now that editing is such a copy/paste affair. The Bumblebee-giving-allspark scene was probably originally shot in sequence closer after the Starscream attack, when everyone was still knocked down.

18. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Continuity errors are fun to point out, but mistakes are kinda boring.

19. Cyberwolf1980

Cyberwolf1980 Deceptus Templar C-Dub TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's about time we get a leader class Bonecrusher! Doesn't look right when I pose deluxe Bonecrusher fighting my leader class Prime.

Is it just me or in the scene when Ratchet shoots BBs throat with that laser, BB looks wicked dirty/damaged, not long after scanning his new form?

20. nightboomfer

nightboomfer SeƱor Member

I think it stands to reason that the bots would do some minor "editing" once they scanned their altmodes, for instance- I bet Bee's camaro originally did not have an autobot logo in the wheel- and would Ironhide's truck happen to have a naturally occuring autobot tail-logo?

Also, I bet 'cade's "Punish and Enslave" tag didn't come standard.