I forgot how fun it was

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shaun_C, May 27, 2007.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

A month or so ago I recieved Airazor and Astrotrain from Fun Publications. And a few weeks after that I decided to open up the boxes and kind of play with 'em a little

You know I forgot how fun it can be to kind play with your toys and just let you imagination "go with the flow"

I'm a total MISB collector and have no desire to switch. But I'll admit it, it was fun making the "whoosh" noise and the laser fire noise. Even did the whole activation code thing in my head.

It felt good...Guess I don't have to always been Mr. Conservative adult :D 

And the toys themselves are really well done figures, especially Astrotrain. The flight modes are just 'licious. Now I can see why you guys play with your's. It kind of is relaxing :) 

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Welcome to my world. I keep some of my toys in the box, some out, and even display a few at work. I just remember NOT to make the noises while at work.

Also, I believe, that involving your hands with something like a Rubix cube, Transformers or other 3D puzzles at work helps to engage the same area of the brain involved in analytical thinking. Just my idea, though.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Open some more Shaun.

4. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I haven't done anything with action figures but pose them on shelves since I was twelve (almost 25), but as soon as TFTM Protoform Prime and Starscream came out of the package, I was staging elaborate hand-to-hand combat between them...
    :lolol 

5. Getter Eagle

Getter Eagle Banned

I've never kept an MISB toy. But I'm nuts, I love toy aesthetics. They're like little pieces of mass produced kitschy art. I can't remember the last time I played with them in the traditional sense of the word. I fiddle with them often, especially at the computer or while I'm on the phone. I like to transform one back and forth, and then put it back on the shelf after I'm done.

I don't think I've ever made the noises. At least not audibly. I do like to shoot my girlfriend with the missiles. Much to her chagrin.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Once you pop, you can't stop!" :D 

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Which is all I do with my TF's and Super hero stuff. Black Panther FTW!

8. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

heh, i shot my fiance too, not with the attacktix though, those little bastards hurt!

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I mostly just transform, pose, fiddle with and "handle" my TFs... but I do occasionally make a "whoosh" noise, or the odd "byew! byew!" for the lasers.

Oh, and any time I'm transforming a combiner or especially a Brave figure, I find myself humming the Final Fusion theme from GaoGaiGar. It's not even a conscious thing. I'm pathological. :) 

zmog

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've actually transformed my Gaogaigar in tune with that bit of music before now. Most times I cheat though and use the SRW Alpha 3 version on my PC which loops through a couple of times.

I do find myself flying the jet TFs around on occasion, though, or having the cars zoom around. Just earlier when I opened up Blackout I had him deploy his little Scorponok on a couple of unsuspecting army men that were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

11. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've always told people that I'm a toy collector, not a box collector.

12. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    I commend you for being that Hard Core, Shaun :)  I try to collect mostly sealed stuff myself, but it ends up being about 60% at most. I recently opened my alternators mirage, and had so much fun with it, I couldn't put it back. I happened to have a loose GT Jaguar lying around, so I had to pose them on top of a shelf. Oh-oh, I think Ravage is going to get the upper hand on poor mirage. His pose looks quite feral and determined, and all those guns sticking out everywhere look pretty nasty. If only Mirage could tunr invisible, he could transform and ram him in the back to incapacitate him.

I gotta go!

But my real point was supposed to be that you should go easy on the opening. I regret opening pretty much every figure I've opened. Playing with mirage is fun. But playing with him is going to last an hour at most, and keeping sealed would have lasted forever.l

13. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL at the fate of SF's army men. Did any of them yell BRING IT before their demise?

Yeah opening MISB toys is awesome. There's nothing I enjoy more than getting a piece of vintage Japanese G1, cracking the seal and stickering that baby up. Mmmmm....

To the other thing, I don't find myself doing "toy play", but when bored I do a good bit of fanfic in my head while imagining it in animated form.

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I never keep anything in the box, I like to take them out, fiddle with them, pose them take pictures, it's actually relaxing to me to do such for some reason.

15. Nightscream

Nightscream JP TF Master Collector

Ebay:
    Oh man that's nasty. If you really need that exulgence, why don't you get yourself some 1961 bordeaux or 1966 champagne? There's no better dirty pleasure. But unsealing G1? It actually makes me a little sad. Your heir might sell me that instead at some point.

16. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I've opened a lot of my Japanese G1... sold many of the boxes & styro for ridiculous amounts.

But hey, every time someone opens one, the value of you MISB'ers stuff goes up another notch!

17. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    None of my transformers are MISB I just can't stand to see them in that plastick hell you call packaging

18. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    Well, I definitely think there's a place for MISB collecting, though. I love seeing huge collections of boxed stuff, as it reminds me of seeing stacks of them on the shelves as a kid...it's just not my personal style.

Plus, I already have to rent storage space for my loose collection; it would really be a challenge if they were all boxed!

19. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly it's partially because of my "lack of patience" I REALLY don't have the patience to even try with any Transformer outside of the more simplistic G1 line. I'd just get too frustrated, hence why I converted to being an MISB/MIB collector

20. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah yes I love the look of that to.

If i had two or three MISB or MOSC transformers on pegs that would more accuratly show what the transformers area looks like at my local toy store.
    And the only way I could keep a toy MISB is if I had double dipped on it.