I fixed my Henkei Thundercracker

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Primal, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

I had heard from Shortpacked to all the boards that Henkei Thundercracker has a problem keeping his weapons in his arms. I was going to hold off on opening mine until my Henkei Starscream arrives but I couldn't resist to check it out. Low and behold mine has the same problem. The weapon pegs are too small for the holes on the arms. I wasn't going to order another one or anything like that. SO I took some Testor's paint and painted the pegs. It took three layers but it works fine. Here's the link to pics:

Thundercracker

2. outsider

outsider Seeker

Need to fix your link bud

Got Henkei TC But He Has Defect - TNI Forums

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The pegs are not too small. The holes are too big. The launchers fit into the wings perfectly. Do yours still fit? Try adding clear nail polish into the arm holes instead.

4. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Either way they fit fine now in both places.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    thats cool..i dont think i wanna try doing anything to the pegs though, coz they fit real tight in jet mode...i'll try making the hole smaller

6. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

*sigh* ... this issue has come up over and over and over and over, ever since they started producing figures from that classics seeker mold again. This problem affects Henkei Starscream, Acid Storm, Henkei Thundercracker, and Henkei Skywarp.

And so of course It's been repeated over and over in every seeker thread, in radicons, in the toy discussion, and multiple times in each figure's feedback thread: The problem is that the factory isn't screwing the two halves of the upper arm tightly enough. Just tighten the screws on the back of the shoulder halves, and as a result the socket formed by the two halves of the upper arm will be tighter, and the weapons will fit nice and snugly. No need for paint or nail polish or any of that noise. :p 

And while we're at it: OMG GUIZ Galvatron has two tiny feet for an undocumented alt mode! Powerglide has a tiny heart molded in his chest! Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's engines clip onto their guns! ...is there anything else I'm missing?

7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not correct though. The screws on my Henkei Thundercracker have been tightened, by me. Even with the very stripped screws I mangaed. The launchers are still loose. Might be a manufacturing flaw, might not be assembled right.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Well apparently you've missed all the posts in the myriad of threads about Henkei Thundercracker (including BustaJesse's post a couple of posts above yours in THIS one) that tell people that the screws not being tight ISN'T the problem.
    The screws on my Henkei TC were fully tightened too. That was NOT the problem. The problem was that the holes were TOO BIG.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  9. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Mine aren't that round either. More oval shaped.

10. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same here. I tried to tighten the screws, but no success. I am going to do the clear nail polish thing as well. I don't have a problem with my wings though. They were fine.

11. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    *nevermind not worth it*