i finally watched Star treck

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Grimlock22, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Grimlock22

Grimlock22 This is noise

So I see it's on this chanel called METV so I put it on and man I never thought it could be that good. note I'm talking about the original show

2. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Browsing/Not Buying

"Treck".

:popcorn 

3. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

You watchted star treck? Thats great, I'm a fan of Alex Trebeck. Atleast you didn't write star track or tract.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Start Wreck

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club :ev: 

I've been watching ToS with the intent of seeing it all in order...though I've already broken that. I've been getting DVD's from the library, which come in sets of two discs. I watched discs one and two, put three and four on hold. Library said they came in, but it was actually discs five and six.

A close friend of mine that knows Star Trek a LOT more than I do said to not worry about it. I'm not sure if it's the show getting even better, or me just enjoying it even more, but it's getting better and better the more episodes I'm in. I intend to watch Next Generation after this, then go from there till I'm through every show.

I've almost seen all the movies. I've got two through five, and two of TNG's under my belt. Just need to watch six, the other two TNG movies, and some day the first (though I've been warned it's the worst one made).

This all started with the '09 movie. Since I saw it I've gradually become more and more of a Trekky.

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think you can also watch the entire series online on cbs.com, if you ever get impatient and want to blow through them.

edit: never mind, now they are all on startrek.com
    That's easy to remember.

Star Trek Star Trek: The Original Series - Turnabout Intruder

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Welcome in.

I must admit I'm not so interested in Trek now as I used to be, but I have seen all the various televison series, including the cartoon, and all the movies.

It'd certainly be a massive undertaking for anyone that may decide they want to watch all versions of Star Trek in some kind of marathon. I know some people that have done all the movies one after the other and come out of it gibbering wibbles. A decade or so back a pal of mine went to a cinema marathon of the first six (might've been seven) ST movies. He said it was great fun but after all those movies back-to-back while sat in a cinema chair his arse was so numb you could've driven a truck up it and he'd have never noticed.

When you get bored of Star Trek though try the so-called 'anti-Star Trek' that is the awesome Farscape.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    See also; Babylon 5.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I tried Babylon 5 and just could never get into it. Don't know why. I really thought it would be something I'd enjoy but I guess not.

10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    The first season of B5 is a bit hit and miss - but by late season 2 it really starts to pick up.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    You're not alone there. When Hulu had the whole series up for free to watch one summer I tried to watch it, but gave up after I think 3 episodes.

I loved Firefly and Farscape.
    Really enjoyed ST:TNG, DS9, Stargate Atlantis and SG1
    Some of TOS.

But could not for the life of me get into Babylon 5.

12. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Babylon 5 get better once Tron shows up. Season2 blows season 1 away.

The 2nd 1/2 of season 1 - Season 4 are all pretty good. Season 5 meanders. But the final episode ties everything together. It was supposed to be the season 4 ender, but they got renewed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Me, either.

I only ever watched 2 1/2 episodes Of Babylon 5 randomly because they happened to be the ones on when I came across the show. The two episodes I watched were not great and the third episode which I got halfway through was completely unbearable. Never again. Never again.

It could be that I just happened to get worse-than-normal episodes by coincidence three times. But I'll never know. Not going to take the chance a fourth time. On the other hand, if there was a gun to my head, I guess I would choose to watch another B5 episode rather than a Voyager episode. But there would have to be the gun for me to watch either.

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    B5 is one of those shows that takes a season to warm up, mainly because the first four seasons are an overarching plot that ties together. It really does heat up by the end of Season 2, which is no slouch in awesome on its own. But its an investment, although I think there are only about 12 key episodes from the first season required to understand the other three.

Season 5 was okay but we don't speak of it often >.>

Its finale, Sleeping in Light, is the yardstick by which I measure most others. Few reach the bar.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I think B5 is just too big an investment for me to take a chance on. The chance that I'll like the rest of it better than the bits I've already seen.

I can understand what you're saying because there are other shows out there where you should watch from the beginning and it does take maybe a season to find its footing, and everything does tie up neatly at the end. And dropping into a random episode in the middle really isn't a fair way to judge the overall series. But in any other series like that which I can think of, there are other things going on to grab me, even if I come in cold in the middle of the series: Compelling characters, crisp dialogue, stuff like that. There have been series I've come in at the middle and they've sucked me in because of the characters and quality of writing, even if I was playing catch-as-catch-can with the overarching plot. And I got none of that from what I watched of B5.

16. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Ah, good old Johnny 'Nuke 'em 'till they glow' Sheriden :bay 

The series Finale always makes me shed Manly tears...

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *raises Spock eyebrow*
    Fascinating....

18. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
  19. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

I just finished season 1 of the next generation, been going through them all again. Love that show :D 

20. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I have seen every Star Trek movie, every episode of TOS, Voyager, and Enterprise, and most of the episodes of TNG and DS9.