I Finally Watched Beast Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by lildevilchick, Mar 1, 2012.

1. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

Thanks for that insight into the series. It gives me an idea of what to expect when I finally give the series a shot.

2. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

Oh, and I should add (for contrast with Beast Machines) Beast Wars was the #1 syndicated cartoon in the 96-97, 97-98 seasons (Seasons 1-2) and I think it was for a short time in Fall 1998 before Pokemon really took off (might've just been the reruns since Pokemon premiered mid Sept 98 whereas BW premiered late Oct 98).

And just to avoid confusion, Beast Wars aired through that ancient, lost means of distribution known as "syndication" (Pokemon did for the 1st half of Season 1 before WB picked it up). It aired well, all over the place. Season 1 usually aired Monday & Tuesday mornings in a shared timeslot with ReBoot, GI Joe Extreme & Vor-Tech, Season 2 aired Saturday or Sunday morning (prob. Sun morning for many), Season 3 started out like that but mid-season shifted to airing Monday-Wednesday (Season 1, then 1+2 reruns aired weekdays during Seasons 2-3). Beast Machines aired on Fox Saturday mornings (or another network that picked up the Fox block because the local Fox affiliate was douchey to kids). It was briefly the #1 show on Fox Kids, but was quickly overtaken by Digimon, which was the last hit show on Fox Kids before they shut it down and outsourced it. The last season of Fox Kids was 01-02, which was the 1 season that Transformers: Robots in Disguise aired. That felt like an end of an era. Yeah there was Kids WB, but when just 1 network's doing it, it doesn't feel the same. Saturday mornings were glorious for kids & cartoon lovers in the old days- hours-long cartoon blocks on ABC, NBC, CBS, and later Fox, WB and it was real cartoons, not that E/I crap meant for babies and toddlers.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    If it's any consolation, my woman, who watched G1 when she was young, not a huge TF fan, liked Beast Machines more than Beast Wars (and she LOVED Beast Wars, as an adult).

4. TheNextMegatron

TheNextMegatron NG Decepticons

Depends on what it is though. Its like im going to have to watch the japanese power rangers to see the difference between the american version. Gopefully better fights :p 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except Power Rangers and Sentai only share fight footage and props. The fights are the only things that are the same. All the out-of-costume parts, and some in costume parts are entirely re-shot for PR.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that, and Power Rangers is hilariously good regardless. :) 

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    The later Takara reissue Dinobot with a new head is the best one the Henkei/Universe one is bit pants though.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    While I agree, the reissue does not have a new head. It merely has a painted mouth.