I finally did it!!! Yahoooooooo!!!! But was it worth it?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lazerwave, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Do you all remember that I mentioned is the Dino Riders Trex for nearly $400 worth it?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/444485-dino-riders-trex-worth.html

I will repeat my story again to show ho much I've been wanting it.

- I had the tape with the first episode with 3 Dino Rider toy commercials, so I keep watching the show and toy commercials over and over again.

- Everyday after preschool, I come home and play with my dinosaur toys as if they were Dino Rider toys, I keep role playing the first episode over and over again (because I watched the first episode and it took 15 years until I could watch the rest of the series).

- I've been begging my mom and dad for Dino Rider toys when I was little, but never got them.

- I believed in the whole fantasy of holding your breath and making a wish through a tunnel, so I keep wishing for Dino Rider Toys.

- Every Birthday, when I see big presents I think it's Dino Rider toys (because when I watch the commercials I thought they were all in a set, like Diplotacus with Deinonychus and Pteranodon in a set, Tyrannosaurus and Torosaurus in a set and Triceratops, Staracasaurus and Quetzalcoatlus in a set)

- One year, 6 months before Christmas when I was 8 years old, I tried asking Santa for the entire collection. But when it was Christmas, I forgot about it and got a Power Rangers zord instead.

- Age 11, I started making them out of clay, but always fell apart.

- When I turned 13, That's when I realized Dino Riders were Discontinued.

- After gradutation, I started watching youtube with the remaining Dino Rider episodes.

- When I turned 19, my mom opened up an ebay account and helped me get the Triceratops Rulons Dino Rider toy (for starters, Triceratops is my favorite Dinosaur).

- I open up and ebay account, I try to get Trex, Deinonychus and Pteranodon several times and failed.

- Last week, I finally got Deinonychus and Pteranodon on ebay.

Well just I was aiming for one from the UK for almost $400, that was because it was in pretty good condition, probably a few repairs and it came with 2 extra figures with them to ride the Trex. There was also 2 in Germany for $270 but it came with no Extras and there are parts that are broken, but I thought they were fixable.

Last Monday, I came home from work and found out the Uk one was sold:cry ! I literaly said Cr(censored) infront of my family. So I was aiming for the one in Germany, but all of you said it's not worth it, wait for another one that's pretty good. Just then, the next day I went on ebay and the one in the UK was back! Really!?! So I kept my eye on it all week. Finally I made an offer, but no respond. Until, this morning when I woke up to check email...

IT WAS ACCEPTED!!!!!!!

I was jumping with joy, I literaly did the We did it song from Dora the Explora (I don't know why I did that). However I ended up paying $322 out of almost $400. Went down it recond as the most expensive item I ever bought on ebay (Adavance copy of DOTM Shockwave being the second). The whole week, I've been thinking about spending that much for the toy, but now I'm having second thoughts about it. Wondering for $322 for a large Dino Rider toy, good condition and comes with 2 extra figures, Was it worth it?

2. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    As I have told you over, and over, and over, PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW THREADS WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE ACTIVE, EXISTING THREADS ON THE SAME SUBJECT.

You even LINKED TO THE EXISTING THREAD, which was less than a week old!

Thread closed. If you want to talk about it, use the existing thread.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.