I finally did it.....HDTV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kronos, Oct 14, 2006.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I went and got me a 56" HDTV. It has the following connections: 1 - HDMI, 4 componet, 2 s-video, 2 RCA, 4 USB (The manual sayd for a MP3 player, a camera, a printer, and another for a Wi-Fi connector.). Im in love. I dont have cable yet but I still get a ton of broadcast channels (32 analog and 18 digital). Its a great TV so far! I couldnt enjoy it much yet, I had to go at my lunch for them to deliver it. But at 10 pm I will hook everything up! Im so stoked!

2. TSFC

TSFC Banned

What brand?

3. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    RCA (I know they get a rough wrap, but I liked what I saw at the showroom.). I have a warranty also!

4. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    HDTV is awesome. I've had it for a while now. Just wait until you watch sports in hd, f-ing amazing.

5. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    My parents already have HDTV. It's freaking cool!

Why can't I have one? :( 

6. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Every brand gets a bad rep, depending on the source of the complaint. Each TV has it's own pros and cons so, it's all a matter of what set you're either lucky or unlucky to get.

7. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah my father just got a 40 inch bravia lcd and picked an HD receiver. I just watched a little college ball this morning and wow! Definitely need to get hooked up with that.

8. TSFC

TSFC Banned

HD is definitely breathtaking (depending on the source and what you might be watching.)

It's also too damn expensive at the present time. This is why SDTVs will rake in beaucoup bucks.

Plus, all those hardcore analog people (such as my Grandfather) who say "Oh no. I've had this TV for years, I ain't upgradin' to no digital this or that." (Eventhough they've no idea what the hell analog is, let alone digital...) won't want to give into the ATSC standards.

Well, ya'lls gon' have ta. Either by a converter box (supplied by the cable company, or one you purchase), a SDTV, or a HDTV. Either way, these old TVs are good for nothing more than playing DVDs, or Video Games after 2009.

9. TrickyDisco

TrickyDisco <b><font color=blue>Voted TFW2005's Sexiest Female

News Credits:
    Oh you lucky bastard!

When I get my apartment (hopefully within the next few weeks) HDTV is so the thig going up on my wall....

10. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

We love our 30" Widescreen Philips HDTV. Though our cable company only carries a handfull of HD channels, it's truely something to behold. We usually keep the channel set on HDNet, ESPN HD, or Discovery HD Theater.

XBox 360 looks great in HD too! :D 

Congrats on the new toy! :) 

11. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Sports is almos the soul reason to get an HDTV. Everything just looks so much more amazing. From the World Cup to the Superbowl its just really the way a sport should be watched.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Congrats on entering the HD world. I have to say that after 4 or so years in the TV business and dealing with many of the brands, I wouldn't rate RCA at the top of my list, but good thing you got that warrantee...(I hope you got at least the 4 year plan)

13. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

HD is the new crack.

And it's great!

14. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i wanna get a 40+ but with school and the Wii (and the fact that i live in an apartment where the TV would sit like 20 feet from me, that's just too close. Plus i dont have the money for it. And anything under a 28" is too small (that's what size my tube tv is)

15. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    What model did you get kronos? For anyone looking to get an HDTV, hold off for a few months of you can. January's HDTV sales will be unbelievable.

I've had an HDTV since Jan of 2000. It's a 52" Sharp. It has been a great TV, but I think it will be time to upgrade in Jan of 2007. I think I'm going to get a 55-60" 1080p DLP.

It's funny, because only in the past couple of years has HDTV programming really caught on.

16. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

Ive had a sony 42" lcd hdtv for the past 3 years! Its great! enjoy!!

17. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Congratz and welcome to the club I myself have a 30 inch tube HD tv from sony its heavy as a mofo make no mistake but the picture on with HD content is just so beautiful.

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My first reaction was YOU LIE but then I decided to say "that's cool I am jealous of your awesomeness."

I wish I had a giant TV for video games. Yes, more so than movies, I just want to see my games at an ominously large size.

19. the_riesen

the_riesen INDY COLTS SBXLI-Champs TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thats awsome, I hope to get HD soon also. Most likely be 26" though.

Sucks that the wii aint gonna be HD though, cuz that basically all i want it for is games.

20. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    Well, 2 days later and Im in love! Its amazing! and the best part is that ALL of my local channels broadcast in digital, so I get a butt load of channels. I dont have cable yet as I just moved here and have been too lazy to get it! I will have a 360 asap! I cant wait!