I figured it out!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Apr 11, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I got it! I think I've figured out what Neo-G1 Bumblebee's figure is gonna be- maybe 99% sure? He's going to be a repaint of an existing mold, namely Armada Hotshot! Most of the colors (the yellow, the silver, etc.) will remain pretty much the same, but all the red (except the Autobot symbol) will now be black instead. Additionally, his car mode will now have what can only be described as black "tiger stripes", which will mostly be focused towards the back of the figure. Apparently the mini-con activated action feature will remain intact, but no idea on whether Jolt will still be included. :sly2: 
    Interesting, no?

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

where on earth did you come up with this. if it is true i shall cry

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    He better atleast have a remolded head.

4. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

Yes, it will look exactly like Energon Slugslinger.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No way! I do admit that I have expectations for the Neo G1 line (especially seeing pictures of the proto-type Astrotrain) but I doubt Hasbro will do a half-baked job like that! Well...I hope! :D 

6. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could be (and most likely am) wrong, but I thought I remember someone saying on one of the Transformers boards out there that Armada Hot shot was originally intended to be Bumble Bee. It didn't happen because of Hasbro not being able to get the rights to the name and they changed it to Hot Shot. So if that is true (someone feel free to correct me) it could be a Bumble Bee but I don't think so because of the description of the Neo-G1 Line, Alt. design with main line playability. I also hope the Armada Hot Shot mold is not Bumble Bee.

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Drugs are bad, butz. You shouldn't do them.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I have to admit, Im a fan of the Armada Hotshot toy, but doubt they'll make him into Bumblebee since the toy was first introduced in almost all yellow.
    That yellow toy warmed the shelves for a long time so I doubt Hasbro will do that again.
    Well I dunno they might *looks at Armada Sideswipe

Hoping they use a brand new mold. He's always played a huge role in TF's and deserves one.
    Not sure if it will be a beetle though, since I doubt Hasbro has any tie-ins with Volkswagon.
    If so they probably would've already made an Alt Bumblebee with the new style Volks.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Best we know about "Classics" Bumblebee so far is Don F. said he's NOT a beetle, but IS a car.

... And better be a new mold, for the good of the earth.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I would have thought, if they were using an existing mold for Bumble-bee, they would have gone for Eenergon Hot Shot, as he has the 'Ears' aswell.

11. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Folks:

IMHO Bumblebee is not Bumblebee unless he has the stomach. It doesn't matter
    whether it's a roof, a trunk, or hood as long as he's got the pudginess. Hot Shot
    has usually had shoulderpads and a car-bottom chest, making him look just a bit
    too imposing to work as Bumblebee.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    No way! A new mold must be used. It's not that Armada Hot shot is a bad toy it's just that.....yes it's a bad toy. :D  Good for Armada but definitely I don't want the same mold for Bumblebee.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    If it's Armada Hot Shot, the begin-all and end-all of shitty Transformers I will be pissed. That would suck if some of the Classics were nothing but repaints.

14. Amadeus

Amadeus Member

You say you've "figured it out", but what on Earth makes you think this? No offense, but it's a pretty silly idea. Classics will most likely have a quite different design aesthetic to Armada, Armada Hot Shot has no real resemblence to Bumblebee, and the colourscheme would be far too similar to Hot Shot's. The way you've worded it makes it seem like you're going off of information, but this is actually all stuff you've thought of yourself. Overall, I have to wonder why you thought this would happen- there's no chance of this at all!

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sorry, there's no way they'd do this.

16. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

I call shenanigans
    :stick: 

It's very unclear what makes you 99% sure something like this would happen. Why would hasbro go to the trouble of creating a "Classics" line filled with one (or many) redecos of toys from 4+ years ago? And if Creating a filler line of Redecos were the case, why would they go so far to create just one brand new mold for Astrotrain when they already have a perfectly good version of him in Reissues???

The pics we've seen of Classics A-Train would lead me to think that the toys hitting the shelves will be all new molds.

love,
    -ej.

17. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    hehe, and looking forward to seeing these NEW molds we are. :D